Rankings - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rankings

nek

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Bucharest is lovely.

I was there for about 45 minutes between getting off a bus from Moldova and catching a train to Budapest and it was seriously dodgy. Beggers, hookers and kids trying to steal anything that wasn't nailed down.

Still a place I would like to see properly though.

I was there for about 45 minutes between getting off a bus from Moldova and catching a train to Budapest and it was seriously dodgy. Beggers, hookers and kids trying to steal anything that wasn't nailed down.

You sure it wasn't Dundee?

Not my favourite destination either, our taxi driver took us on a magical mystery tour, when I opened the door and told him where to go, he pulled out a weapon, told him where to go again, but it could have been a disaster.

The whole city was dodgy, not the nicest place to be. Still found a wee pub and got bladdered, nice barman got us a taxi back, we were only streets from where we started from, the dodgy taxi driver was at it.

Not my favourite destination either, our taxi driver took us on a magical mystery tour, when I opened the door and told him where to go, he pulled out a weapon, told him where to go again, but it could have been a disaster.

The whole city was dodgy, not the nicest place to be. Still found a wee pub and got bladdered, nice barman got us a taxi back, we were only streets from where we started from, the dodgy taxi driver was at it.

You still going on about Dundee ?

bucharests fine, had much more problems in barelona, paris and rio. no one has tried to mug me or rip me off yet and ive been there about 7 times for work. not really ventured out at night apart from the local bar (£1.20 a pint) stay next to rapids ground been meaning to go to a game but not had much time off when there. all the people i have met have been really nice and friendly, got taken on a tour during my first trip, interesting city, the old town looks good for a booze up and it really is cheap, food is about half the price here and actually really quite good, booze is ridiculously cheap and when getting taxis dont get in any of the private cars they are all at it, only use metered (yellow) taxis that are monitored by GPS. its less than a fiver to travel from the airport to the center which is about 25 minutes. Off there again this afternoon.