Ireland V Poland -- What Do We Want? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland V Poland -- What Do We Want?

JagDude

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a decent team at Leicester and some of the football in his first two seasons at Celtic wasn't bad. Did spend an obscene amount of money on really average players when he was Villa manager.

Mind you, I've always gotten the impression that Martin O'Neil has something against our national team for some reason.

He was always bitching about Berti having the sheer bloody nerve to select Scottish Celtic players for Scotland. Paul Lambert said O'Neil was really pissed off when he did a U-turn on retiring from internationals.

Did something happen with O'Neil and Scottish players or fans during his Northern Ireland playing days or something ?

Would be glad to see Ireland qualify, just a pity they had to be in the same group as us and it's got to be Scotland all the way !

Oh, Ireland have scored !

His brand of football has always been crap.

We played shite, dominated by Ireland in 2nd half, so I`m glad with that point. Very hard game so we need to respect that draw.

We stay on top of the table, for Ireland i wouldn`t say it`s a worthy scoreline.

It's not just about gaining a point it's also aboit taking 2 points off of the home team. Both can be happy with the point.

But a point is even better for us. It keeps us in the hunt for 2nd place.

Ireland deserved that leveller.

Sets the group up now as well. Although already dreading Dublin and us sitting back too much trying to nick a 0-0.

aye, would be a lot happier if we play to win.

every time we sit in we just invite teams onto our shyte defence and it never ends well

aye, would be a lot happier if we play to win.

every time we sit in we just invite teams onto our shyte defence and it never ends well

We haven't, and won't, do that under Strachan.

It's perfect because it means Ireland have to come at us, leaving them exposed at the back. I can see us getting a lot if clear cut chances in Dublin. If Fletcher etc have their shooting boots on then I think we can win

First impressions now - their match against us in June is now a must win for them.

I'd say it's must win for us too given that Poland are at home to Georgia and Germany play Gibraltar.

With the way this group is panning out we should forget this crap about third. We should be going for FIRST!

Now, I know we haven't had any fortune in a lot of years and I'm not expecting anything as a right, but first place is dooable if we keep plugging away.

I'd say it's must win for us too given that Poland are at home to Georgia and Germany play Gibraltar.

Well yes a must win for us if we want to finish in the top two, a must win for them if they want to finish in the top three and a draw would help us more (in terms of qualifying hopes) than Ireland certainly.

Am starting to wonder what sort of injuries both squads will likely face as its end of season when we play. Whoever has the least pull outs of their most influential players might decide how this game pans out.

Edited by JECK

We haven't, and won't, do that under Strachan.

It's perfect because it means Ireland have to come at us, leaving them exposed at the back. I can see us getting a lot if clear cut chances in Dublin. If Fletcher etc have their shooting boots on then I think we can win

Against Poland away from home. Went up 2-1 and Strachan brought on D Fletcher, we tried to shore things up, and in the end were lucky to hang on for a draw.

Yes we won 6-1 today not playing great against a team the world champions only beat 4-0 so yes that equates to us as being not a very good team either. :wtf:

Yeah but Poland beat them 6 or 7 nil and so did Ireland.

Doesn't tell us much either way really.