Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will the SFA act?

I think we all know the answer to that.

They will act of course but just not in the way the fans would like. There will be support for Sbragia and excuses.

As mentioned before, if Lennon called him up to the U21s and he was outstanding Sbragia really would look like a complete tool.

Edited by Jagtag

Without having seen him play, I'd say a 19 year old Scot with a 5 year contract at Real Madrid ought to be one of the first names in our U-21 squad.

To not pick him for the U-19s and for these reasons is blindingly short-sighted (if that makes sense).

From the Scotsman....

“I’m not involved in that at all,” said Strachan. “I let the other guys get on with it. I’ve no idea if it’s physical or whatever.”

But Strachan did suggest that the stature of club Harper plays for should have no automatic bearing on whether he is selected by Scotland.

“Has anyone seen him play?,” added Strachan. “I’ve seen a few people at Chelsea who never get a game anywhere.

“They go on loan somewhere and disappear into no man’s land.”

From the Scotsman....

Im not involved in that at all, said Strachan. I let the other guys get on with it. Ive no idea if its physical or whatever.

But Strachan did suggest that the stature of club Harper plays for should have no automatic bearing on whether he is selected by Scotland.

Has anyone seen him play?, added Strachan. Ive seen a few people at Chelsea who never get a game anywhere.

They go on loan somewhere and disappear into no mans land.

:( expected better from Strachan.

He's probably right about the stature of club but ffs this is Real Madrid and the u19 squad.

Could you blame Harper for picking Spain? Wonder if they've tried to cap him . .

From the Scotsman....

“I’m not involved in that at all,” said Strachan. “I let the other guys get on with it. I’ve no idea if it’s physical or whatever.”

“Has anyone seen him play?,” added Strachan. “I’ve seen a few people at Chelsea who never get a game anywhere.

“They go on loan somewhere and disappear into no man’s land.”

ffs :angry:

Really? Im cringing. I hope Strachan or someone has phoned Harper at least and told him it's being blown out of proportion and to expect some comments like this in order to minimise disruption, because I'd be pretty pi$$ed to see the guy at the top of the tree ask whether "anyone had seen him play". It's probably just a turn of phrase, but still.

Im also not sure whether I find it concerning that Strachan effectively takes no interest in the development teams.

It's sh*te being Scottish.

:( expected better from Strachan.

He's probably right about the stature of club but ffs this is Real Madrid and the u19 squad.

Could you blame Harper for picking Spain? Wonder if they've tried to cap him . .

They have asked him to represent them at youth level but Harper has turned them down and said that he was scottish and only want to play for scotland. Really disappointed with Strachans view on this as he has called up James Forrest to get a better look at him, Harper deserves better response from both sbragia and strachan

ffs :angry:

Really? Im cringing. I hope Strachan or someone has phoned Harper at least and told him it's being blown out of proportion and to expect some comments like this in order to minimise disruption, because I'd be pretty pi$$ed to see the guy at the top of the tree ask whether "anyone had seen him play". It's probably just a turn of phrase, but still.

Im also not sure whether I find it concerning that Strachan effectively takes no interest in the development teams.

It's sh*te being Scottish.

as i said yesterday this is exactly the sort of response i feared strachan would come out with. lacks respect IMO, he's been on european wide TV i would be expecting the whole management team to have watched his games.

Utterly bizarre. The fact he has not come out to clarify or explain his statement suggests he is not up to the role. Also disagree with Strachan suggesting stature of club should not come into it, when it is a club of that level it would be good for the other boys to give them a taste of what can be achieved in the game. Win win all round. The coaches get to look at him and gives the other players aspiration.

would be laughable if it wasnt so tragic, only in scotland.

him and gauld should be playing for the U21s together to get as much experience together as possible

but no, cant even get in an U19 squad at 19 years of age playing for real madrid, over a player from bradford on loan at chester, well he is an inch taller than harper so that probably explains it

Picking a guy Bradford of League One have loaned to Conference side Chester FC over him sums the story up. Whilst who a player is on the books of big named clubs shouldn't be an automatic pick, look at the "impact" of Feruz for a case example, this story is baffling as Sbragia has pretty much admitted he's not scouted Harper and the fact that Spain are inquiring about his availability tells you all you need to know about Harper's potential.