Our Pathetic Rugby Team - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Pathetic Rugby Team

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see the no voting unionist brit nats pick up the wooden spoon.

Plenty of Yes voters support the Scottish rugby team, and are suffering because the team is a national embarrassment.

Weird myth being perpetrated that rugby fans are all unionist - interested to know where that comes from, particularly as it goes against any evidence I see at Glasgow games. About ten of us have season tickets and all voted Yes, a few of the Glasgow players were very active on twitter promoting Yes during the referendum and a huge number of people with Yes badges on during the run up.

I'm sure many folk that go probably voted No but I would say the crowd was more or less reflective of the national picture.

TT

Weird myth being perpetrated that rugby fans are all unionist - interested to know where that comes from

Usually from the same people who think all rugby players are ex private schoolboys who enjoy a good wrestle in the showers after a game...

I dont think it helped when the media had the ex Scotland rugby Internationals plastered in the papers and tv campaigning for a no vote outside Murrayfield so you'd have thought there may well have been some collusion with SRU on that. That was disappointing to say the least given that they ignored the YES voting Internationals. I just canny really get into it at the moment and I do want tae spew when I hear FOS being sung at Murrayfield but maybe its partly also because we are so gash at the moment,

I dont think it helped when the media had the ex Scotland rugby Internationals plastered in the papers and tv campaigning for a no vote outside Murrayfield so you'd have thought there may well have been some collusion with SRU on that. That was disappointing to say the least given that they ignored the YES voting Internationals. I just canny really get into it at the moment and I do want tae spew when I hear FOS being sung at Murrayfield but maybe its partly also because we are so gash at the moment,

Compared to this from Scottish Football...

The Better Together line-up are managed by Celtic hero McNeill and revered ex- Rangers boss Smith.

Former Scotland, Aberdeen, Hibs and Manchester United keeper Jim Leighton is in goal, with David Moyes, Liverpool hero Alan Hansen and Dons legends Alex McLeish and Willie Miller making up the back four.

The midfield powerhouse is Manchester United 1968 European Cup winner Paddy Crerand, along with Ibrox icon Barry Ferguson, Lisbon Lion Bertie Auld and ex-Celt turned Sky Sports pundit Davie Provan.

And the lethal strikeforce sees former European footballer of the year Denis Law and goal machine Ally McCoist teaming up.

I do find it interesting that people have latched on to the rugby thing which seems to be a class issue more than anything else - sadly it shows where we (the Nationalist support) have to be careful we don't get sucked into narrow minded and blinkered prejudice and begin to alienate people who are receptive to independence.

TT

PS And anyway, everyone knows, it was Aberdonians that sold us out :D

Edited by TartanTeddy