Panic Button Now Hit - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Panic Button Now Hit

Watching Osborne on the Marr show this morning. Cross party discussions this week on what new powers will be in place as soon as there is a no vote. Much more fiscal autonomy but stopped well short of full autonomy.

Also, there will be categorically no sharing of the pound by any UK government.

I assume Osborne is the sacrificial lamb now that Boris will be back in parliament. He has really painted himself into a corner.

Absolute political suicide ..unless there is a No vote

They really just dont get it. They still honestly think that a currency union is at the top of everyone's voting agenda

Probably at least half voting Yes dont want one and the other half couldnt give a fook ...

See Milliband is also saying there will be armed border controls!

No country in Europe has armed border controls with its neighbours.

It has been this way since the Berlin Wall came down :-))

You would think that Ed Milliband, the son of immigrant Polish / Jewish parents, would be open minded enough to realise this ?

Look at the border between EIRE and UK / NI for an example of what it would be most likely be like.

No passport required :wave:

Edited by Haggis_trap

No country in Europe has armed border controls with its neighbours.

It has been this way since the Berlin Wall came down :-))

You would think that Ed Milliband, the son of immigrant Polish / Jewish parents, would be open minded enough to realise this ?

Look at the border between EIRE and UK / NI for an example of what it would be most likely be like.

No passport required :wave:

I think this will sway some voters but not in the way that Miliband hopes. They must think we button up the back. If undecided voters pause to think about the utter drivel that the unionist parties have been peddling in the last few days, the only conclusion is that they hold us in total contempt.

I think this will sway some voters but not in the way that Miliband hopes. They must think we button up the back. If undecided voters pause to think about the utter drivel that the unionist parties have been peddling in the last few days, the only conclusion is that they hold us in total contempt.

I am getting that feeling as well. Even a few hard NO voters I've spoken too are admitting to be embarrassed about these desperate tactics.

There's a few no voters I've spoken to who are actually thinking about changing their mind. ... and they were vehemently no. Between violating purdah, the imminent pay rise and Gordon Brown, they're running out of feet to shoot themselves in.

they are now telling immigrants that are from the EU that they will have to leave Scotland if we vote Yes .... how low will these lieing scumbags go

It's what they do: scare the vulnerable and those less able to speak up for themselves (see also OAPs and their pensions and the sick/disabled and the NHS).

It is a condensed version of current Westminster politics in and it is shameful.

Edited by scotlad

Who would have thought it, the panic button appears to be a big whoopee cushion.

So the cross party agreement on future powers announced on Sunday falls to bits after less than 24 hours. Even the 10 o'clock news could not spin it into something positive.

"Vote No on the 18th and we will do something on the 19th, well, we will set something in motion on the 19th. We can also guarantee that we will all come together to deliver these promises under a labour government, in January, maybe, if we are in power."

Poll shock this, poll shock that...

"All of a sudden, Scotland is one hell of a mess"

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/sam-leith-all-of-a-sudden-scotland-is-one-hell-of-a-mess-9718051.html

So many people down south seem so shocked. Why?

Has no one been listening to anything? Has no one been tracking the polls?

Haven't MI5 been following TAMB?

If Fraser Nelson is doubting it, then we are almost over the line folks!!

I think he was regretting that 'Devo Max' had replaced 'Status Quo' as the outcome of 'No' on the ballot paper. Gave the impression he'd rather not even have devolution.

Poll shock this, poll shock that...

"All of a sudden, Scotland is one hell of a mess"

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/sam-leith-all-of-a-sudden-scotland-is-one-hell-of-a-mess-9718051.html

Aye read that on the plane from Heathrow, nearly spewed on the paper (and my hangover had gone by then)....

Edited by Toepoke