Matt Ritchie - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Matt Ritchie

kmcca5

If we were actually getting a good player, I'd understand whoring out ourselves (although still be 100% against it).

But he's an average player who's done the sum total of feck all in his career.

Beyond embarrassing.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said a few times on here but there's a really simple solution. When a player signs his first professional contract he indicates which of the home nations he wants to play for should he reach international level. That statement is then binding and removes the opportunity for jumping ship when you're not good enough for your first choice. Simples.

I've said a few times on here but there's a really simple solution. When a player signs his first professional contract he indicates which of the home nations he wants to play for should he reach international level. That statement is then binding and removes the opportunity for jumping ship when you're not good enough for your first choice. Simples.

A fine system up to a point. However, look at Lorenzo Amaruso. Moved to Scotland well into his career and grew to love the country and really wanted to play for us so if he had had dual nationality it would never have happened with your system. Or what if a player like Ritchie came along whose nationality feelings change over the course of a few years like he moves to Scotland and plays here for a few years, marries a Scottish woman and his national tendencies change - it really can happen.

I would support that rule 100%. Sorts it all out there and then. If a player wants to switch after that then tough, he should have thought of that before.

FIFA would never allow it unfortunately. They'd upset many FA's.

Look at the amount of African and Caribbean national teams who rely on former French, Belgian and English youth internationals making up the backbone of their teams. Australia and New Zealand sometimes do it too.

But then is there not a certain sticker that half the board is calling out for us to play that only quality's through the schooling rule. Just because he feels Scottish doesn't make him so he is still English. I can understand matt saying he feels English but if he is prepared to come to the squad and give it his all then fair play

But he's an average player who's done the sum total of feck all in his career.

That's a bit OTT.

He's gotten more goals and assists this season, from midfield, than any of McCormack, May or Russell from further up the park.

This forum can be embarassing at times... Haha unbelievable. While the idiots on here are booing Ritchie they better remember to boo Morrison and Martin too. Sure that'll go down well with folk sitting next to you.

If you're going to call people idiots at least be accurate. I don't think I've read one post that suggests anyone is going to boo him.

If you're going to call people idiots at least be accurate. I don't think I've read one post that suggests anyone is going to boo him.

umm.. page one of this thread, lewis is already booing ;p

and in the main squad thread:

is this some sort of joke ? may and mcormack ahead of griffiths and forrest ahead of GMS. as for the matt ritchie, i would like to say that he is now my official boo boy.

"I see myself as English"

FANTASTIC

booo boooo booooooooooooooooo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31909618

Ok - maybe it's the phone, but where does it say "I see myself as English!" He says he half Scottish , but can't see the English bit.

My 5p worth is, ask the laddie "are you Scottish?" If it's yes, superb, if it's no, then let the lad wait on an England cap. No problem with that at all.

In the meantime , welcome to the tartan army, Matt Ritchie! ?

ask the laddie "are you Scottish?" If it's yes, superb, if it's no, then let the lad wait on an England cap. No problem with that at all.

What if he says he's English and Scottish?

How about if he says he's Scottish and English? Does that make a difference? ;)