Scotland Players In Action - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

<p>Anyone who thinks Stuart Armstrong and Ryan Jack are competing for the same spot, or are anything like each other in terms of style of play, should probably not comment as they clearly know hee haw about fitba'.</p>

i'm not saying they are competing for the same position i'm saying they are competing to to be one of the "up and coming" players in the squad, like gauld, macleod etc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think so. Armstrong has already had his "up and coming" call up, back in 2013 against Norway.

Armstrong's problem is that he's competing with EPL players (maybe Dorrans and Bannan) for a squad place.

Actually Jack has the same problem, with, I guess, Morrison and McArthur in front of him.

I think dorrans is a stick on for being one of the players that will be left out of squads as he is unlikely to get a game along with burke

Noticed that he never played for Tony Pulis either. Its only his first game in charge but puts aquestion mark over his WBA first team appearances.

<p><p>Both Jack and Armstrong have previously had call-ups. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, to be honest?</p><br />

<p>&nbsp;</p><br />

<p>Jack deserves to be in the squad as he's good enough to be there on merit, not as a token call-up like Lewis McLeod.</p><br />

<p><br /><br />

Jack is having an outstanding season, he's man of the match&nbsp;(or one of them) in almost every match and has been the outstanding player for the year for the team leading the Scottish Premiership.</p><br />

<p>&nbsp;</p><br />

<p>If this place wasn't so full of clueless numpties, I'd be amazed by the lack of recognition shown towards Jack.</p></p>

<p><p>Both Jack and Armstrong have previously had call-ups. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, to be honest?</p><br />

<p>&nbsp;</p><br />

<p>Jack deserves to be in the squad as he's good enough to be there on merit, not as a token call-up like Lewis McLeod.</p><br />

<p><br /><br />

Jack is having an outstanding season, he's man of the match&nbsp;(or one of them) in almost every match and has been the outstanding player for the year for the team leading the Scottish Premiership.</p><br />

<p>&nbsp;</p><br />

<p>If this place wasn't so full of clueless numpties, I'd be amazed by the lack of recognition shown towards Jack.</p></p>

:wtf: What's with all the &lt stuff?

Edited by jailender

<p>Aye, it's a pain.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>A combination of Internet Explorer being rank (forced to use it at work) & the Mobile version of the TAMB not working in the TA Specific section.</p>

So to be clear....he'll only be worthy of a call up if Aberdeen are still top of the league?

Righto!

No I was merely stating that their form seems, by their own fans, largely down to him

This would mean if they tail off then so does he probably which would mean he probably wouldn't be deserving of a call up

<p>It's a real team effort with Aberdeen. Jack and Hayes are consistently the outstanding performers though.</p>

Fair enough, I don't watch many Aberdeen games despite living there. I see Jack is linked with Everton - Any idea on the truth behind that?

Also what sort of fee would he command? Does he have a long contract?