Scotland Players In Action - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair that is the first mistakes he's made that I can think of since he's returned. Some of the saves he's made in other games have been extraordinary regardless who they've been against.

I agree. Just a shame it happened tonight and not in a less significant match. He still made a couple of good saves tonight.

It's great seeing Craig back playing at the top level again but I don't think he's playing as well as he did at his peak.

Hope he gets back to it again, but Marshall is still first pick for me...

They say keepers get better with age. How has marshalls form been with Cardiff, a bluebird fan was not very complimentary about his recent performances.

Also has he been injured?

I agree with you though, based on Scotland performances of late.

Marshall, then Mcgregor and Grodon 3RD. Would be comfortable if any of them started though.

What a great position to be in.

GMS and Armstrong both had a good game for Celtic in only their 3rd game. Showed they are capable of the step uo and can be relied upon.

The only real reason I could see why GMS wasn't in the Scotland team more was his lack of experience. Well he'll get plenty at Celtic in games like tonight

Mostly because he was playing for Dundee Utd and not Celtic. We told you for ages Armstrong was worth a place in the squad...

Very impressed with Armstrong v Inter. He took his goal well and put himself into a great position for the equaliser.

I felt a bit sorry for Gordon tonight, but after his howler he made amends with some great saves in the second half, he didnt let his head go down.

GMS had a tough game, but still caused Inter a few problems, maybe trying too hard to impress?

Liam Henderson had a great assist for Guidetti's goal if Harry Kane done that, we would be hearing about how world class it was for a long time.

Leigh Griffiths done well, for me his running into the channels and showed some nice touches. Should have scored in the second half.

Brown, the guy is just class, maybe not with skill but with sheer fighting tooth and nail spirit.

Mostly because he was playing for Dundee Utd and not Celtic. We told you for ages Armstrong was worth a place in the squad...

some things will never change I am afraid Adam. Armstrong on his game has been the best young midfielder in scotland for a while now.

Exactly.

It's almost impossible to get a cap playing for an SPL team.

But if a player gets a good move, within months, he'll "force" his way into the squad.

Very impressed with Armstrong v Inter. He took his goal well and put himself into a great position for the equaliser.

I felt a bit sorry for Gordon tonight, but after his howler he made amends with some great saves in the second half, he didnt let his head go down.

GMS had a tough game, but still caused Inter a few problems, maybe trying too hard to impress?

Liam Henderson had a great assist for Guidetti's goal if Harry Kane done that, we would be hearing about how world class it was for a long time.

Leigh Griffiths done well, for me his running into the channels and showed some nice touches. Should have scored in the second half.

Brown, the guy is just class, maybe not with skill but with sheer fighting tooth and nail spirit.

I thought Gordon did let his head go down after the first goal.

For me, he looked shaky from the goal going in until half-time, after that he was solid.

But that's the worst 45 I've ever seen from CG.

GMS and Armstrong were two of Celtics better players.

Griffiths was anonymous.

Henderson did alright.

Brown was a slight disappointment for me. Didn't do enough to control the game.

For me, it says a lot that Bitton got MOTM and not Brown.

I would be happy with any 3 of the keepers starting. Gordon had 2 or 3 massives saves in the second half, after having a poor first half.

if Armstrong is to come in to the scotland side, who does he replace?

Won't be much of a problem against Northern Ireland to leave someone out or give them just 45 minutes and then bring Armstrong on. Good opportunity to experiment.

We'll have six substitutes available against Northern Ireland and I'd leave Maloney and Anya out of that game to keep them fresh for Gibraltar. Definitely a chance for Armstrong, Gauld, Mackay-Steven and Jack to get on the pitch in these two games.

Won't be much of a problem against Northern Ireland to leave someone out or give them just 45 minutes and then bring Armstrong on. Good opportunity to experiment.

We'll have six substitutes available against Northern Ireland and I'd leave Maloney and Anya out of that game to keep them fresh for Gibraltar. Definitely a chance for Armstrong, Gauld, Mackay-Steven and Jack to get on the pitch in these two games.

Who do you leave out the squad to bring these 4 players in?

Brown, Fletcher, Morrison, Anya, Maloney, McArthur and Naismith will almost certainly be called up. Mulgrew too if he's fit.

The reason these players haven't been called up much in the past is because we have so much competition in midfield. Forrest, Burke, Snodgrass, Dorrans, Adam, Bryson and McCormack are all other similar options that have been in squads recently that are playing at a similar lever or better.

Brown, Fletcher, Morrison, Anya, Maloney, McArthur and Naismith will almost certainly be called up. Mulgrew too if he's fit.

The reason these players haven't been called up much in the past is because we have so much competition in midfield. Forrest, Burke, Snodgrass, Dorrans, Adam, Bryson and McCormack are all other similar options that have been in squads recently that are playing at a similar lever or better.

Forrest has been terrible for Scotland when he's played and has been a recurring sick note character in the past. Burke offers absolutely nothing these days. Snoddy is injured. Strachan doesn't appear to rate Adam at international level anymore. Dorrans may get in, not sure. Bryson is on the bench more often than not for Derby these days and McCormack has never really looked good enough at international level but to give him his due he has scored two good goals.

We'll undoubtedly have one or two call offs to deal with.

It's not rocket science.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Isn't playing at all more like!

flipping hell. Talk about missing the point.

Whatever .........

We'd be totally fecked sideways if we had dross like Forrest, Adam, Phillips and Burke starting for us. Their not worth considering for Scotland anymore.

Jack, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Gauld on the other hand are.

Whatever .........

We'd be totally fecked sideways if we had dross like Forrest, Adam, Phillips and Burke starting for us. Their not worth considering for Scotland anymore.

Jack, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Gauld on the other hand are.

Adam and Phillips still have something to offer.

Forrest if he can stay injury free and get a game and actually do something at some point in a game.

Burke is done.

Adam and Phillips still have something to offer.

Forrest if he can stay injury free and get a game and actually do something at some point in a game.

Burke is done.

Adam is on the decline. Hughes has him on the bench most weeks now and Strachan hasn't called him up for nearly a year now. Phillips is out of his depth at QPR, let alone international level.

Every game I've seen Forrest play for Scotland he's looked totally lost and ineffective. If he undergoes a massive career turn around in the next year or two, I'll hold up my hands. Personally I don't see it. Admittedly, he's had a couple of really bad injuries which probably have held him back.