Scotland Players In Action - Page 161 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an impressive record playing for the dominant team in a poor league. Nomatter how many goals he scores he should not be in ahead of players scoring goals in better leagues. Leagues that he was a failure in might I add.

Its an impressive record playing for the dominant team in a poor league. Nomatter how many goals he scores he should not be in ahead of players scoring goals in better leagues. Leagues that he was a failure in might I add.

But to be fair he has scored good goals in the CL qualifiers and in the europa league.

Its not his fault the defence and team mates have let the club down.

Griffiths deserves a chance to be scotland's number one striker in the national side.

The shirt is vacant since kenny miller's retirement.

But to be fair he has scored good goals in the CL qualifiers and in the europa league.

Its not his fault the defence and team mates have let the club down.

Griffiths deserves a chance to be scotland's number one striker in the national side.

The shirt is vacant since kenny miller's retirement.

I agree.

And he could/should play in a better league. Put him the Sunderland side of the last 2 years and he's have made a bigger impact than S Fletcher.

Put him in the Sunderland side and he wouldnt make the bench. Just as he didnt make the bench for Wolves, even when they dropped down to the Championship and if i remember league 1. How much would he cost atm. Say 6 million at a push. Yet not 1 EPL or Championship club is interested despite that being pocket change for them. We need to get real to move forward.

Put him in the Sunderland side and he wouldnt make the bench. Just as he didnt make the bench for Wolves, even when they dropped down to the Championship and if i remember league 1. How much would he cost atm. Say 6 million at a push. Yet not 1 EPL or Championship club is interested despite that being pocket change for them. We need to get real to move forward.

I'd disagree and he's grown up since Wolves.

And I am surprised no one has yet come in for him.

PS Just to put this into context, I'm someone who didn't think much of him for much of his career, largely for just being a bit of a ned who was wasting his potential talent.

But I'm now beginning to see a different side to him and appreciating his improvement.

Edited by fringo

Was he? Shite to very good in a short space of time.

Miraculous turnaround....

Pretty sure he was in great form for a team on their way to getting EPL promotion when he was first called up

Yes he was. Still not convinced, his club form is far better. As others have said he is slow as and gives the ball away a lot. We will see. Much rather Snoddy playing though.

Oh and hes english

Much rather Snoddy playing though.

Agree lookING forward to snoddy coming back. Would he have made a difference to our qualifying campaign. Yes I think we might have had a better chance to qualify if he was available. Arguably our best player in our WC campaign- scoring home and away against Croatia.

Imo if we give the likes of Griffiths,Bannan,Paterson the two friendly games to prove themselves that would be fair.If they are rubbish,leave them out,if they are good get them in.!

Absolutely. :ok:

At the moment, I'd pick this line up:

Marshall, Paterson, R Martin, Hanley, Robertson, McArthur, Bannan, Anya, Snodgrass, Naismith, Griffiths.

Get Matt Ritchie, Johnny Russell, Ryan Fraser and Liam Cooper involved in the second half.

We need new players in. We need youth in. Now just what the hell is Strachan afraid of here ?

Absolutely. :ok:

At the moment, I'd pick this line up:

Marshall, Paterson, R Martin, Hanley, Robertson, McArthur, Bannan, Anya, Snodgrass, Naismith, Griffiths.

Get Matt Ritchie, Johnny Russell, Ryan Fraser and Liam Cooper involved in the second half.

We need new players in. We need youth in. Now just what the hell is Strachan afraid of here ?

i dont mind the side you have selected although like many on here i'm very much in the undecided camp regarding Bannan and Griffiths. Having said that i dont think this is a particularly young side - cant be bothered doing the maths but the average must be 26/27

You've also dropped James Forrest - one of our younger players (and arguably one of Celtic's better Scottish players this season)

i dont mind the side you have selected although like many on here i'm very much in the undecided camp regarding Bannan and Griffiths. Having said that i dont think this is a particularly young side - cant be bothered doing the maths but the average must be 26/27

You've also dropped James Forrest - one of our younger players (and arguably one of Celtic's better Scottish players this season)

Don't rate Forrest at all, and I'm not the only one.

One player.

Well that's me told.

its not that i'm telling you anything - wasnt planning to get into any argument As i said i liked the side you selected. I just dont think its thats 'youthful'

I think Strachan has selected young players - Hanley, Forrest, Robertson have been given regular game time by him. He has also brought in plenty of younger players eg McGregor, Paterson, Gauld, Jack into squads. If he doesn't think they are better than the more experienced players in their positions then thats fair enough in my opinion.

its not that i'm telling you anything - wasnt planning to get into any argument As i said i liked the side you selected. I just dont think its thats 'youthful'

I think Strachan has selected young players - Hanley, Forrest, Robertson have been given regular game time by him. He has also brought in plenty of younger players eg McGregor, Paterson, Gauld, Jack into squads. If he doesn't think they are better than the more experienced players in their positions then thats fair enough in my opinion.

And Paterson, Gauld, Shinnie and Jack really should all have got time in friendly matches under Strachan (McGregor is not good enough) but they didn't. Rather he's adopting the same old regressive approach to introducing young players that Craig Brown took.

Strachan is not above being questioned. A funny, down to earth guy who's got a bit of pride back into the team and all that, but he's still not above making some bad mistakes and we are right to criticise him when needed.

Edited by ErsatzThistle