If Aliens Existed ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If Aliens Existed ?

Say they do, say they could even travel the vast expanses of the Universe, if they where aware of our solar system do you think they would try communicating with us ? how would / could they communicate ? or if they where so far advanced would we be of little or any interest to them.

Topic is guesswork at the moment for mankind, but I reckon one day we will discover that we are not alone.

Opinions ?

Say they do, say they could even travel the vast expanses of the Universe, if they where aware of our solar system do you think they would try communicating with us ? how would / could they communicate ? or if they where so far advanced would we be of little or any interest to them.

Topic is guesswork at the moment for mankind, but I reckon one day we will discover that we are not alone.

Opinions ?

there will be aliens somewhere, how they think,act and look is completely unknowable at the moment. They could have thought processes that are completely "alien" to ours so concepts like studying us or communicating might be meaningless.

Probably steer clear of us after observing us.

Even with our limited computing power (we've only been doing it for fifty years) we run simulations of real life over and over again for both research and entertainment purposes. That's only going to increase and get more realistic. So when our computers advance enough, we'll be able to produce simulations which have a degree of self awareness, subject to limitations we place on them. And we'll run them again and again. If this scenario is true, then probability suggests the most likely truth is were all part of one of these simulations.

When you look up at the night sky and see the thousands upon thousands of stars and you think that if each star and even just 1 planet then to think we are the only planet with life would be very very arrogant. How intelligent that life is is another question but some were out there is, I my view, life in some form or another

Read somewhere that before an alien race gets the technology to travel the vast distances covered to make contact, their societies wipe themselves out before with terrible weapons of mass destruction. Hence no contact, chances are we will do the same.

J

we fight with each other who are exactly the same as us except for some minor issue like what magic man in the sky we choose believe in.

can you imagine aliens showing up? They'd last 10 seconds before somebody attacked them, and then either they would be dead or we would be dead.

Even with our limited computing power (we've only been doing it for fifty years) we run simulations of real life over and over again for both research and entertainment purposes. That's only going to increase and get more realistic. So when our computers advance enough, we'll be able to produce simulations which have a degree of self awareness, subject to limitations we place on them. And we'll run them again and again. If this scenario is true, then probability suggests the most likely truth is were all part of one of these simulations.

I think I might prefer to end up as food rather than a simulation? :unsure:

Of 100 UFO cases approximately 90 will be discountable but the rest will not. And they are some of the strangest things...

The crop circle thing is also interesting. Some of these formations really do make me wonder how it is done. Some are obvious manual human works, footprints everywhere etc but others... the straw has been sculpted almost, it is very curious stuff.

I get the feeling 'Aliens' are here and have been for perhaps longer than 'us'. Maybe we are the imports...

I think it was Lovecraft who said he suspected that humans were 'some thing's property' like cattle are owned by a farmer but do they really know what a farmer is nor does. Like maybe we live with our farmer and do not even recognize them as such.

I certainly get the feeling there are 'things' running the show that live far beyond my lifespan, but that is just a powerful intuition and nothing provable. :wink2:

we fight with each other who are exactly the same as us except for some minor issue like what magic man in the sky we choose believe in.

can you imagine aliens showing up? They'd last 10 seconds before somebody attacked them, and then either they would be dead or we would be dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbnY_6APybc