Scottish Cup Quarters - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Quarters

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United's penalty, although likely a dive, can't be proved conclusively due the lack of required camera angle. Hence no citation.

Nobody else seemed to have a problem with not lunging into tackles except Brown. Is he uniquely incapable? Are you suggesting he slipped? Cos he didnae. It was a textbook Brown "marker" tackle.

Ciftci lunged in catching Brown on the head with his studs , dunno what game you were watching but that was a straight red all day , i reckon Brown probably did merit a red for that one due to having both feet off the ground . As i said above , he committed two fouls in the game , there were a few tasty tackles flying in mainly due to a pisspoor playing surface . As for "marker" tackles , i've lost count of the number of times i've seen a Lasley , Goodwin , Tokely , Ciftci "letting Celtic know they're about" . Funny how it's acceptable for inferior footballing teams to make up for their shortfall by leaving the foot in , we're then told to "man up" , then it's mock outrage when somebody like Brown metes it out

I see Scott brown committee as many fouls as the whole utd team on Sunday and didn't even get booked. Sums up the refereeing in this country.

I thought that was a great stat, until I realised you made it up!

:lol:

56% of stats are made up.

Ciftci lunged in catching Brown on the head with his studs , dunno what game you were watching but that was a straight red all day , i reckon Brown probably did merit a red for that one due to having both feet off the ground . As i said above , he committed two fouls in the game , there were a few tasty tackles flying in mainly due to a pisspoor playing surface . As for "marker" tackles , i've lost count of the number of times i've seen a Lasley , Goodwin , Tokely , Ciftci "letting Celtic know they're about" . Funny how it's acceptable for inferior footballing teams to make up for their shortfall by leaving the foot in , we're then told to "man up" , then it's mock outrage when somebody like Brown metes it out

I can recall three fouls from Brown, and I only watched a wee bit of the game!

Strawman argument, I never said it was acceptable for other teams. In fact, I remember Ciftci doing exactly the same after about 30 seconds of the Utd v Celtic game at Tannadice in December, he was booked and I turned to my brother and said "Ciftci is a total fanny".

I wouldn't call Ciftci's retaliation on Brown a lunge and it certainly wasn't down to the pitch. It was a red though.

The SFA are a laughing stock over this.

In a game where most neutrals would say that 5 red cards would have been correct the appeal process has whittled 3 actual reds down to 1 which was never going to be appealed.

Not sure either club comes out of it well either with both apparently thinking their players were totally innocent and the other club's guilty in the Brown/Butcher/Ciftci/Van Dijk melee.

Maybe time to scrap the Compliance Officer and retrospective offers of bans if they can't use TV evidence to make relatively straight forward decisions which everyone can see.

A cynic might even suggest that a behind closed doors deal has been done. :whistling:

Whatever it certainly doesn't show our game in a good light.

Can't have been any worse than the one for the united penalty

Brown committed two of Celtic's fouls on sunday , compared with 9 from United , but don't let that get in the way of a good story

If teams can't produce anything better than that disgrace of a park then it should be played on a neutral venue , the reason there were so many bad tackles is because players couldn't control the ball to pass it . Nice of united to water the pitch after the game , just in the nick of time for a park that was drier than a Pharaoh's sock

Nice selective post, you neglected to mention the 17 Celtic fouls. Re the pitch, not sure why it was so bad but as long as I have been watching football in Scotland you get bad pitches now and again in the winter. If Celtic can't deal with a poor pitch they should f@ck off to the EPL where all the pitches are immaculate. Oh I forgot the EPL don't f@cking want you.

In a game where most neutrals would say that 5 red cards would have been correct the appeal process has whittled 3 actual reds down to 1 which was never going to be appealed.

Not sure either club comes out of it well either with both apparently thinking their players were totally innocent and the other club's guilty in the Brown/Butcher/Ciftci/Van Dijk melee.

Maybe time to scrap the Compliance Officer and retrospective offers of bans if they can't use TV evidence to make relatively straight forward decisions which everyone can see.

A cynic might even suggest that a behind closed doors deal has been done. :whistling:

Agreed complete joke.

So, everyone was innocent? Phew - you'd have thought one stamp, one kick, one attempted kick and one two footed lunge might have warranted at least a yellow card somewhere, but apparently not,

I blame Paul Paton.

Its just rediculous, but you would almost think with the wording of the charge they left a loophole for utd to use. the charge was deliberately kicking Scott brown in the head. He definitely did it but you could argue he didn't deliberately mean to kick his head. Its still a red card though so he could only have been cleared because van dijk was. Edited by ShedTA

5 red cards? Calm down mate the games been sanitised enough as it is. Most of it was handbags and I'm even prepared to give Ciftci the benefit of some considerable doubt. Still think Connolly should have been done for simulation though

5 red cards? Calm down mate the games been sanitised enough as it is. Most of it was handbags and I'm even prepared to give Ciftci the benefit of some considerable doubt. Still think Connolly should have been done for simulation though

And brown for a dangerous two feet off the ground tackle?