Ek Celt - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I didn't announce it like I was doing a two page spread in Hello or taking a page out in Hounds & Hare,I was just gassing with friends.

You were gassing with friends. On Twitter - a public forum that anyone can read.

Sorry mate but you've only got yourself to blame for this. Recommend you get Whats App for "gassing with friends" and/or be more careful what you post on Twitter.

Either that or fail to learn from your mistakes.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody follow Old Holborn on Twitter ? That boy pushes it to the limit (especially with Scousers) .He's started doing some stuff for Charlie Hebdo.

Yep, got him, very close to the bone but always pushing the "freedom of speech" argument. Rightly IMO.

You were gassing with friends. On Twitter - a public forum that anyone can read.

Sorry mate but you've only got yourself to blame for this. Recommend you get Whats App for "gassing with friends" and/or be more careful what you post on Twitter.

Either that or fail to learn from your mistakes.

Nope, disagree. Is it really such a huge issue if one Aberdeen fan, who wants to attend the game, and can't get a ticket, says they are going to get a ticket in the Celtic end, where plenty are available. Its not like he is going in tooled up to cause bother....unlike the 80's. The fact that folk feel the need to "report" this sort of thing is infantile in the extreme. Considering we, as a support at away game, positively encourage it wherever we play means that anyone who feels its wrong is pretty hypocritical. IMO.

This is where I get the "grassing up" part that TJ is referring to. The comments on here, and on Twitter, are hardly Al Qaida planning another 9/11. Its folks talking, winding up other fans, having a dig. Folks really need to redial their offendometer back a few notches IMO. Sticks and stones and all that.

I didn't announce it like I was doing a two page spread in Hello or taking a page out in Hounds & Hare,I was just gassing with friends.

But

Feck it why don't you join in with making up shit I said like everybody else is doing.

No doubt within a few posts me talking a lot of crap to friends on Twitter will have turned into I am organising a Scottish Defense League march and I kicked a small child in the face.

that's pretty fecked up that happened.

Yep, got him, very close to the bone but always pushing the "freedom of speech" argument. Rightly IMO.

Nope, disagree. Is it really such a huge issue if one Aberdeen fan, who wants to attend the game, and can't get a ticket, says they are going to get a ticket in the Celtic end, where plenty are available. Its not like he is going in tooled up to cause bother....unlike the 80's. The fact that folk feel the need to "report" this sort of thing is infantile in the extreme. Considering we, as a support at away game, positively encourage it wherever we play means that anyone who feels its wrong is pretty hypocritical. IMO.

This is where I get the "grassing up" part that TJ is referring to. The comments on here, and on Twitter, are hardly Al Qaida planning another 9/11. Its folks talking, winding up other fans, having a dig. Folks really need to redial their offendometer back a few notches IMO. Sticks and stones and all that.

Excellent post....

I do think that folk are too easily offended (and too quick to demand action when offended) but I still see this particular example as pretty daft and essentially self-grassing.

There's loads of stuff its fine to tell your pals but you would be naive to stick on Twitter. Things like:

You're taking a sickie from work

You regularly park on a double yellow line and have yet to get a ticket

You think your manager is a tool

You think your manager is fit

You're going in the Celtic end when you're an Aberdeen fan

None of these are crimes of the century but I wouldn't want just anyone to know about it so I wouldn't "tweet" about it.

I often find that the battering a lot of folk take on here from Aberdeen fans borders on bullying at times. EK Celt was a proud Celtic fan. Nothing wrong with being proud of your club at all. But one thing he was, was fair. He wasn't abusive and was certainly no troll.

Spot on buddy :ok:

Spot on buddy :ok:

EK Celt was fair on every thread unless that thread involved criticism of celtic or Neil Lennon, neither could do no wrong in his eyes. he never became abusive so I will give you that.

EK Celt was fair on every thread unless that thread involved criticism of celtic or Neil Lennon, neither could do no wrong in his eyes. he never became abusive so I will give you that.

Neither could do no wrong? No wonder nobody didn't like him then. ?

But isn't that part of the consensus allowed on here, to have an opinion ?

Just because he has an opinion different to some Aberdeen fans on here, doesn't mean he has to be subjected to personal abuse and giving a hard time.

I highlight this element of Aberdeen fans purely because it was them who gave him the majority of stick.

This is not tarring the decent Aberdeen fans on here by any means, but to some Aberdeen fans, they are a lot worse when it comes to Aberdeen and anything connected to the club, people, city etc having any form of faults.

Edited by jock strap

I often find that the battering a lot of folk take on here from Aberdeen fans borders on bullying at times. EK Celt was a proud Celtic fan. Nothing wrong with being proud of your club at all. But one thing he was, was fair. He wasn't abusive and was certainly no troll.

Utter crap.

You've got a long history of hating the fact that so many Aberdeen fans post on here, and this is just another example.

Nothing wrong with anyone being a 'proud fan' of any club, but when you're an intelligent man who refuses to condemn sectarian behaviour, or violence, or.....anything in fact...simply because they're supporters of 'his' club, then it's stepped beyond 'proud'.

EK_Celt is one of these Celtic fans who sees his team as a cause, rather than a club. It means that you feel you're the perpetual victim and because of that you honestly believe your club can never be at fault. Questioning this rigid belief isn't 'bullying', it's logical.

It's easy to come on a message board and constantly use semantics to try and justify some twisted point of view. Hoopy was/is an expert at it, and don't forget, he based every single point of view on pretty much anything on information he'd picked up on some Celtic message board, just minutes before he came running on here with it.

I'm sure he'll be back in no time once his sulk is over.

One of my mates from Aberdeen was tweeting photoshopped pictures of Celtic fans after the game (not big or clever) and some anonymous Tim then started tweeting to him (and obviously others) stuff about his private life like wife & sisters names,the oil company he works for in Norway,photos he had in his Twitter & Facebook account.

There's boundries you shouldn't cross but the problem is every weirdo has access to the

Internet.

The guy who done that to me got it tenfold from Rangers boys on Friday,his name,photos ,the lot.Lessons learned that we all need to be a bit more careful what we get up to online.

Utter crap.

You've got a long history of hating the fact that so many Aberdeen fans post on here, and this is just another example.

Nothing wrong with anyone being a 'proud fan' of any club, but when you're an intelligent man who refuses to condemn sectarian behaviour, or violence, or.....anything in fact...simply because they're supporters of 'his' club, then it's stepped beyond 'proud'.

EK_Celt is one of these Celtic fans who sees his team as a cause, rather than a club. It means that you feel you're the perpetual victim and because of that you honestly believe your club can never be at fault. Questioning this rigid belief isn't 'bullying', it's logical.

It's easy to come on a message board and constantly use semantics to try and justify some twisted point of view. Hoopy was/is an expert at it, and don't forget, he based every single point of view on pretty much anything on information he'd picked up on some Celtic message board, just minutes before he came running on here with it.

I'm sure he'll be back in no time once his sulk is over.

I agree with some of what you've said but he was subjected to extensive personal abuse and some rather pathetic comments about his club which went beyond acceptable. I actually agree with him that the mods failed to do their job in this instance. I have no idea if they passed on info to others as he suggested.

He was difficult to discuss certain things with, as he found it hard to criticise Celtic fans. He did however have a normal ish fans view of his club.

I'd say he was no better or worse than the majority of Aberdeen fans in this respect.

From a personal experience point of view I've had plenty of abuse for arguing back on Rangers side simply because I'm a Hun.

Maybe I'm more of a than Ek_celt because it just makes me laugh. I value logic above the emotional argument but that seems not to hold true with the majority on here, especially when religion creeps in.

One of my mates from Aberdeen was tweeting photoshopped pictures of Celtic fans after the game (not big or clever) and some anonymous Tim then started tweeting to him (and obviously others) stuff about his private life like wife & sisters names,the oil company he works for in Norway,photos he had in his Twitter & Facebook account.

There's boundries you shouldn't cross but the problem is every weirdo has access to the

Internet.

The guy who done that to me got it tenfold from Rangers boys on Friday,his name,photos ,the lot.Lessons learned that we all need to be a bit more careful what we get up to online.

I've said it many times on here. Folk think they are invisible online (they are to a degree on messageboards) and they post the most ridiculous views that I simply can't even believe what they are saying to be the truth. As someone said further up the thread, if you were to speak to people like that in a pub you would get your jaw rapped within minutes.

The ease of access to your personal details always worried me a wee bit. Folk live their lives online these days and you never know who might be looking in. My own mother is a nightmare for it. I personally keep away from stuff like Twitter and Facebook for that very reason. Full of attention seeking twats IMO.

I agree with some of what you've said but he was subjected to extensive personal abuse and some rather pathetic comments about his club which went beyond acceptable. I actually agree with him that the mods failed to do their job in this instance. I have no idea if they passed on info to others as he suggested.

He was difficult to discuss certain things with, as he found it hard to criticise Celtic fans. He did however have a normal ish fans view of his club.

I'd say he was no better or worse than the majority of Aberdeen fans in this respect.

From a personal experience point of view I've had plenty of abuse for arguing back on Rangers side simply because I'm a Hun.

Maybe I'm more of a than Ek_celt because it just makes me laugh. I value logic above the emotional argument but that seems not to hold true with the majority on here, especially when religion creeps in.

I personally can't quite believe it has got to all of this. It's like something out of Home and Away. :-))

Internet.

One of your mates at the top of the post but it turns into you at the bottom? Two stories mixed up or was it just you posting the photoshopped pictures? ?

One of your mates at the top of the post but it turns into you at the bottom? Two stories mixed up or was it just you posting the photoshopped pictures? ?

FFS would you please stop reading my posts and then making stuff you utter prowlin tit.

FTR I don't stay in Aberdeen or work in the oil industry and I could give you the name and details of the persons involved but I won't.

I've said it many times on here. Folk think they are invisible online (they are to a degree on messageboards) and they post the most ridiculous views that I simply can't even believe what they are saying to be the truth. As someone said further up the thread, if you were to speak to people like that in a pub you would get your jaw rapped within minutes.

The ease of access to your personal details always worried me a wee bit. Folk live their lives online these days and you never know who might be looking in. My own mother is a nightmare for it. I personally keep away from stuff like Twitter and Facebook for that very reason. Full of attention seeking twats IMO.

Aye it's a bit scary.It took that wee warning for me to delete all my photos from my account and I don't have much personal stuff though I don't doubt somebody could get them if they wanted to.Heres another thing I don't agree with,People videoing something you have done then putting it online and you end up front page of the the two biggest newspapers in Scotland.

Maybe I'm biased but since my brother has Cerebral Palsy I'd lock the up and throw away the key. If insulting someones religion is a criminal offence then why not any disability? You're an apologist for these scum.

Ive watched my brother being called a spazzy and seen him cry because of it. I've been in plenty of fights because of it too. He's a big boy now so can laugh it off but I'd still give anyone abusing him a doing if I could get my hands on them.

The anonymity of Twitter is no excuse for the abuse.

that's fecking terrible - was this school kids or football, or what type of person would do that ?