Ek Celt - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How do you block someone? There is a fruit cake on here Ally Bongo who trolls me and it's a bit freaky. I would happily block the weirdo if I knew how to but I can't work it out.

If I can't work it out I will report him to the Mods, no time for internet trolls. Great to see the police etc clamping down on this kind of thing nowadays.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you block someone? There is a fruit cake on here Ally Bongo who trolls me and it's a bit freaky. I would happily block the weirdo if I knew how to but I can't work it out.

If I can't work it out I will report him to the Mods, no time for internet trolls. Great to see the police etc clamping down on this kind of thing nowadays.

:lol:

Anyone who posts on here regularly over a long period of time either.....knows plenty of fruitcakes/is in a constant argument with said fruitcakes/is a fruitcake themselves/all of the above.

Anyone who posts on here regularly over a long period of time either.....knows plenty of fruitcakes/is in a constant argument with said fruitcakes/is a fruitcake themselves/all of the above.

Me: slightly fruity,occasional arguements,know of plenty :lol:

And as a warning,I'm off out,expect a new dons thread later :ok:

Edited by dandydunn

That doesn't really answer my question and seeing as i am fairly new to here it's why i asked. Sure it may be in the help section or something so will go look there.

Found it, that's the roaster blocked thankfully. Hopefully the last time i have to do that, really was a strange boy.

Edited by PaulS2014

Aye, he does the same with me comrade.

Again with the grassng - seriously, have you left school? I don't think its "cool" if someone gets lifted for racist, sectarian or threatening posts and they lose their livelihood - I think it is proper and proportionate. Most normal people I suggest agree with that; if you however think that someone should be able to remain anonymous and post whatever they want or threaten whoever they want without any repercussions, then you clearly condone extremist views and behaviour and/or think this way yourself.

Let me get this straight here ...

You agree with me in the first instance and then jump to conclusions and accuse me of holding extremist views for something I never said.

Again with the grassng - seriously, have you left school? I don't think its "cool" if someone gets lifted for racist, sectarian or threatening posts and they lose their livelihood - I think it is proper and proportionate. Most normal people I suggest agree with that; if you however think that someone should be able to remain anonymous and post whatever they want or threaten whoever they want without any repercussions, then you clearly condone extremist views and behaviour and/or think this way yourself.

What I'm talking about is the worrying trend of Internet users contacting police,employers,papers over something the deem unacceptable in their eyes.Obviously in some cases it is warranted and the offender deserves everything that is coming to them but it really is getting out of hand at the moment.

Two weeks ago I said on Twitter I was going in the Celtic end because I didn't have an Aberdeen end ticket and within minutes my photo was getting passed about with the message watch out for him in the Celtic end by various Tims.

settings and then ignore preferences. :ok:

I'm not saying you can go on the Internet and say what you like to who you like, and there's certainly been some stories recently that have crossed a line that most people would have.

BUT

The society we have now where so many folk are bubbling away, just below raging with offense is a bit sad. People are being victims of online vigilantes, who are often hounding them out of their job and in some cases ruining their life, because they said something daft on the Internet.

I'm not defending folk who put bad stuff on the Internet, and in many cases they deserve all they get, but their are certainly cases where the reaction, and as a result the consequences are disproportionate to the act.

In days gone by, if someone mouthed off out of turn in a pub, they'd get a sore face and a red neck in the morning, now thick folk who can't bite their virtual tongue are waking up unemployed for drunkenly biting at online trolls or saying something that "offends" someone after a few shandys!

I'm not saying you can go on the Internet and say what you like to who you like, and there's certainly been some stories recently that have crossed a line that most people would have.

BUT

The society we have now where so many folk are bubbling away, just below raging with offense is a bit sad. People are being victims of online vigilantes, who are often hounding them out of their job and in some cases ruining their life, because they said something daft on the Internet.

I'm not defending folk who put bad stuff on the Internet, and in many cases they deserve all they get, but their are certainly cases where the reaction, and as a result the consequences are disproportionate to the act.

In days gone by, if someone mouthed off out of turn in a pub, they'd get a sore face and a red neck in the morning, now thick folk who can't bite their virtual tongue are waking up unemployed for drunkenly biting at online trolls or saying something that "offends" someone after a few shandys!

As I've said before

Everyone has a right to feel offended, but some people think it's a duty.

What I'm talking about is the worrying trend of Internet users contacting police,employers,papers over something the deem unacceptable in their eyes.Obviously in some cases it is warranted and the offender deserves everything that is coming to them but it really is getting out of hand at the moment.

Two weeks ago I said on Twitter I was going in the Celtic end because I didn't have an Aberdeen end ticket and within minutes my photo was getting passed about with the message watch out for him in the Celtic end by various Tims.

Why did you announce that on Twitter? You just grassed yourself.

Next time you sneak into the away end or do something similar I recommend you don't announce it to the world.

Why did you announce that on Twitter? You just grassed yourself.

Next time you sneak into the away end or do something similar I recommend you don't announce it to the world.

I didn't announce it like I was doing a two page spread in Hello or taking a page out in Hounds & Hare,I was just gassing with friends.

But

Feck it why don't you join in with making up shit I said like everybody else is doing.

No doubt within a few posts me talking a lot of crap to friends on Twitter will have turned into I am organising a Scottish Defense League march and I kicked a small child in the face.

Not me, I'm a current bun

:ok:

TT