Sunderland Fans Supporting Adam Johnston - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sunderland Fans Supporting Adam Johnston

I think there is prejudice against guys who commit this crime versus women who do it and especially so when being judged by other men.

When they boy is the victim he is often not even seen as much of a victim (again especially by men) but by christ when a bloke does it he is the biggest scumbag imaginable.

Something is nae right and either women are getting off too lightly or men are getting treated too harshly. You cant have it both ways as it reeks of institutional sexism against men in the courts.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

When they boy is the victim he is often not even seen as much of a victim (again especially by men)

The fact she appears to be fairly attractive probably doesn't help this perception.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

The fact she appears to be fairly attractive probably doesn't help this perception.

Yeah, when that story came out one of my mates sent a link in the group text and a message along the lines of "Jammy wee , wish that'd happened to me at school".

Very timely in my local paper tonight.

Some fecker gets jailed for 6 1/2 years for raping a 13 year old at knifepoint and shows no remorse. Johnson gets 6.

There is 6 months difference in the sentences. It doesn't add up to me.

http://m.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-man-raped-13-year-old-girl-knifepoint-jailed/story-28986908-detail/story.html

Again, it could be because one went to trial, and the other didn't.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

He got 6 year GOOD, ####in pervert I keep readin here she's as much to blame as him, she should have known better, poor judgement on her part I think people are missin the point she's a wain he's a grown man it's  ####in wrong on so many levels no defence 

4 minutes ago, jcs said:

I keep readin here she's as much to blame as him, she should have known better, poor judgement on her part

Can you show me anyone on here saying that? 

On 4 March 2016 at 2:39 PM, Kirk said:

I dont disagree what he did was wrong, what I disagree with is that the girl isnt getting any shit for it at all. Regardless of what the law says she was in the wrong too. The law says a lot of things no one sticks by. 

She went and met him by choice and did whatever with him by choice. Yes legally its wrong and moraly its very wrong too on his part. 

If it was the other way about as has been proven, next to all would be done.

If it was my daughter he wouldn't have got 6 year he'd have got buried

19 hours ago, joe545 said:

Not defending him but 6 years is a lot for something that isn't even illegal in most other EU countries. 

So because it's not illegal elsewhere you think its not really that bad?

What moronic logic is that?

9 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Again, not defending Johnsons actions but he got the heavier sentence as he is a footballer/celebrity/millionaire. 

And you know that for a fact?

No, you're just talking shite and you are defending his actions with your baseless excuses.

Do any of us know, for certain, what the police found on his phone or computer? 

I'll trust the judge over you, if you don't mind. 

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

6 years seems excessive to me, he is obviously guilty, but rapists get less time than him. 

Think it's incredibly harsh. 

You are looking at it completely incorrectly. 6 years is just about enough for Johnson. Rapists should get 20 years minimum. Current sentences aren't harsh. They aren't anywhere near harsh enough.

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Based on his logic, should we start prosecuting homosexual people seeing as that is illegal elsewhere?

Apparently so. I sometimes wonder about the thought processes in some people's heids. 

Then I'm just grateful I don't actually know them.

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Based on his logic, should we start prosecuting homosexual people seeing as that is illegal elsewhere?

My logic?

Hope I misunderstand you, but I completely disagree with that.