Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 375 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Sorry but I've forgotten what the verdict meant here - does that mean Rangers are a new or old club?

new club that had to apply to join the senior league structure

Edited by dipped flake
spelling

35 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

new club that had to apply to join the senior league structure

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

Can't see that bit in the judgement, sorry.

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

he made it up, that's why.

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=c72b2da7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

"In respect of the 2012/2013 season, the team commonly called ‘Rangers Football Club’, now owned and operated by The Rangers Football Club Limited (formerly called Sevco Scotland Limited), applied to and was permitted to join the lowest division of the SFL as a new Associate Member of the SFL.  Sevco Scotland Limited was admitted as an Associate Member of the SFL and its football team, Rangers FC became entitled to play in the third division of the football league of the same name.  The SFL was, at that time, organised in three divisions.  I understand, (but was not present when it was decided), that the members of the unincorporated association which was the SFL, when admitting Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member, determined that its team, Rangers Football Club would commence to play in its third division i.e. its lowest division from which it would be eligible to compete for promotion at the end of each successor season.” (“The five way agreement”)."

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Sorry but I've forgotten what the verdict meant here - does that mean Rangers are a new or old club?

I dunno. I was just interested in the case. I'll leave it to your fans to argue with the Tims over what it all means. :ok: 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I dunno. I was just interested in the case. I'll leave it to your fans to argue with the Tims over what it all means. :ok: 

Personally I don't think this case meant anything in respect of old club/new club but found those arguing - in both directions that it did - amusing.

I only quoted you as you were the first to announce the result, wasn't implying you had a view.

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Personally I don't think this case meant anything in respect of old club/new club but found those arguing - in both directions that it did - amusing.

As do I.  

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

I only quoted you as you were the first to announce the result, wasn't implying you had a view.

:ok: 

5 hours ago, phart said:

That's the guy who came on after the lord librarian dude. There was one point where he stopped talking for literally 15 seconds, I was checking my audio feed and wondering what was happening.

Right at the start he took about 2 minutes to say something, and everyone had "WTF" faces and he had to say it again. I stopped listening to it, as i kept thinking my stream was down cause this guy says 5 words then waits for a fortnight then says 5 more.

I watched the last half hour before lunch after I saw your link. That must have been the guy after The Librarian King, master of the word. Damn wish I'd seen him. Might go see if I can rewind it. 

As for the guy I did see. (He reminded of the TV version of Sherlock the one who died a while ago). I was quite enjoying his diction. ;) Those enormous pauses were him arranging his fantastically boring thoughts I thought. There were some huuuge brains in that room. I loved listening to all these mega smart kents talk mega boring shite for a while at least. But really this is also why they are rubbish. This is an open and shut case of tax avoidance IMHO. How they have managed to make this so in question for so long... just demonstrates that super smart folk can also be really stupid. If HMRC lose it is insane. 

Amazing, when you posted the link to this I had completely forgotten this was still on going. Took me a minute or two to figure out what this was about. :lol: This is the final round of the BTC!

By the way the judge ruling on the (Choral, boooo) relegation thing sounds like 'New Club' so can't have been 'relegated'. 

Edited by thplinth

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I watched the last half hour before lunch after I saw your link. That must have been the guy after The Librarian King, master of the word. Damn wish I'd seen him. Might go see if I can rewind it. 

As for the guy I did see. (He reminded of the TV version of Sherlock the one who died a while ago). I was quite enjoying his diction. ;) Those enormous pauses were him arranging his fantastically boring thoughts I thought. There were some huuuge brains in that room. I loved listening to all these mega smart kents talk mega boring shite for a while at least. But really this is also why they are rubbish. This is an open and shut case of tax avoidance IMHO. How they have managed to make this so in question for so long... just demonstrates that super smart folk can also be really stupid. If HMRC lose it is insane. 

Amazing, when you posted the link to this I had completely forgotten this was still on going. Took me a minute or two to figure out what this was about. :lol: This is the final round of the BTC!

By the way the judge ruling on the (Choral, boooo) relegation thing sounds like 'New Club' so can't have been 'relegated'. 

The Coral judgement seems to be deliberately avoiding the old club/new club argument. It basically just says Rangers were not relegated but applied to join League 2. It's nice and non-contentious. ? 

So they were not relegated but they then magically appeared intact cap in hand applying to league 4? How does that work then? That is like a David Blane shagging David Copperfield level trick that simply defies the laws of physics.

It is quite sad. The real RFC they simply renamed 'RFC 2012' and then painted her old face on some new entity like nothing happened. The real rangers is sitting, on the blocks, in BDO's garage.

But if she wins the big tax case maybe she ain't dead yet. ;)

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=c72b2da7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

"In respect of the 2012/2013 season, the team commonly called ‘Rangers Football Club’, now owned and operated by The Rangers Football Club Limited (formerly called Sevco Scotland Limited), applied to and was permitted to join the lowest division of the SFL as a new Associate Member of the SFL.  Sevco Scotland Limited was admitted as an Associate Member of the SFL and its football team, Rangers FC became entitled to play in the third division of the football league of the same name.  The SFL was, at that time, organised in three divisions.  I understand, (but was not present when it was decided), that the members of the unincorporated association which was the SFL, when admitting Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member, determined that its team, Rangers Football Club would commence to play in its third division i.e. its lowest division from which it would be eligible to compete for promotion at the end of each successor season.” (“The five way agreement”)."

Confirms the Club / Holding company split - Rangers football club being the distinctive entity here.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So they were not relegated but they then magically appeared intact cap in hand applying to league 4? How does that work then? That is like a David Blane shagging David Copperfield level trick that simply defies the laws of physics.

It is quite sad. The real RFC they simply renamed 'RFC 2012' and then painted her old face on some new entity like nothing happened. The real rangers is sitting, on the blocks, in BDO's garage.

Its really not hard to understand if you wanted to - but I get the impression that's not your goal ;)

So, I'll post again what the Takeover Panel stated (they subscribe to the plain English campaign- it means a literate person like you should be able to follow, but people like dipped flake will probably struggle):

17......The administrators sold the business and assets to a new company, led by Mr Charles Green, which was later renamed The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“the Club”).

In December 2012, a new company, Rangers, was incorporated in Scotland as the holding company for the Club and its shares were admitted to trading on the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”) of the London Stock Exchange. The shares of Rangers were traded on AIM at the time of the transactions giving rise to these proceedings. Rangers was, and remains, a company to which the Code applies.

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/publication/view/20174-rangers-international-foot ball-club-plc

Just now, ShedTA said:

Holding company? What split. RFC was incorporated there was no split. The whole thing is laughable.

I agree its a lazy way to say it, but its probably the easiest way to explain what happened to the assets on of Rangers on insolvency.

And let be honest, lots of people here seems to have an issue following anything more complex.

The laughable thing is people struggling to follow this.

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

it's the exact same as Gretna, who have now reformed and could yet battle their way back into the senior leagues 

25 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

it's the exact same as Gretna, who have now reformed and could yet battle their way back into the senior leagues 

The exception being that Gretna weren't given a helping hand into D3, and accept they are a new club with dignity. They don't have a WATP mentality which makes that impossible though.

17 hours ago, thplinth said:

He had several massive books with him, got so caught up in a point, he then had to apologise and find out what they were talking about again lol.

The lords asked him if there was such a case before and he said he couldn't recall, and eveyone was like, well if you can't recall then what can the rest of us do, type of thing.

Aye we're in the championship rounds now. The Lord Librarian curator of tax laws seemed (and lets be honest i hadn't a clue what the feck he was saying) to think the folk who decided the first two in favour missed the point completely. Or he might have been stating the thoughts of the other Judge who decided in favour of HMRC.

Some Clerk was shouting references out to the rest of the chamber as the Librarian dude was espousing some obscure tax laws. He even knew the spirit of the laws, referring to accompanying reasoning as notes for each law when it was introduced.

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

The exception being that Gretna weren't given a helping hand into D3, and accept they are a new club with dignity. They don't have a WATP mentality which makes that impossible though.

4 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Or that the team 'reformed' as Gretna 2008...