Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 314 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Firstly, there's no such thing as an honest journo. I know a couple and I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time.

Secondly, naive? Really? How long has Speirs been doing this job? He's no probationer or new start so this is extremely unlikely.

Finally, your comments here smack of being desperate to believe what was written even though it's been acknowledged to be false. Not sure if that's how you mean it but it comes across that way.

Look he said on twitter it was his opinion. I am not desperate to believe anything. I don't believe he just made stuff up though just to annoy the bears.he stated something I think he believed, but heobviously can't prove it so has been told to withdraw it. Seems pretty straight forward. I don't think it's a hanging, or sacking offence.

Look he said on twitter it was his opinion. I am not desperate to believe anything. I don't believe he just made stuff up though just to annoy the bears.he stated something I think he believed, but heobviously can't prove it so has been told to withdraw it. Seems pretty straight forward. I don't think it's a hanging, or sacking offence.

But he specified ONE DIRECTOR in his article. To believe it there has to be some merit to it. Surely you can see that.

Not that it matters now. He said it and he's been made an arse of and cost his employers money.

But he specified ONE DIRECTOR in his article. To believe it there has to be some merit to it. Surely you can see that.

Not that it matters now. He said it and he's been made an arse of and cost his employers money.

What do you want me to say? He obviously believes that bit and that's why he printed it. But as I stated above I would imagine he can't prove it so has withdrawn it.

I don't care what his employers do to him. That's their business not mine.

Why he's written a story that he can't back up I don't know.

Maybe he's not as clever as you think?

Cool story bro,who are two journalists you know ?

Since I've just called them dishonest (in my opinion obviously) I'd be a bit cruel to state their names here.

They both work for the Sun and are sports journos.

I used to know more but that was when I worked in Glasgow in the mid 90s in Ingram Street and the journos were just across the road. Those boys like a drink.

I would agree yesit should but since he has retracted and apologised then no. I know you lot don't like Spier's but he is a more intelligent and honest journo than most out there. Do you really think he just made that stuff up?

He wrote honestly but probably doesn't want to get embroiled so has withdrawn it I would say. If it was something he overheard, how on earth would he prove it? Probably been threatened with being sued.

I would say he has been naive - but I can't believe he just made up shit.

Journalists don't make things up? Have you been asleep for the last few years? That's exactly what they do.

Wait are people thinking Graham Spiers is clever?

Although there are some honest journalists out there it's not all the time. Even Seymour Hersch gets a bit inventive with his invective sometimes.

Two of the more honest journalists i know walked from their jobs cause the paper wouldn't back their story.

Traynor and Jackson did the real damage. They PR'd Craig White straight into the job. Traynor is now Dave's PR agency for RFC. Keith still pumping it out last time I looked.

Correct, Propagandists. I occasionally go back and read Jackson's off the radar wealth.

Wait are people thinking Graham Spiers is clever?

Although there are some honest journalists out there it's not all the time. Even Seymour Hersch gets a bit inventive with his invective sometimes.

Two of the more honest journalists i know walked from their jobs cause the paper wouldn't back their story.

Again, I didn't say that did I? I said he was one of the more intelligent out there - but when you are up against the likes of keith Jackson or Chris jack its not hard.

but Rangers are entitled to get an explanation over the comments re the director. This is getting lost in the whataboutery. I thought that wasn't your style.

Sorry I wasn't speaking to that, just agreeing with thplinth that the propagandists did bad work, i wasn't meaning it as an excuse for Spiers. Mainly cause it isn't an excuse. I didn't even think of it in that context.

I'm not sure about entitlement(since it was retracted) but if in the same situation I'd be demanding one. If speirs is saying his article is true then he should stick by it, the problem is if he has a source, he then has a duty to preserve the source. Not sure how else he would know. Though his editors should know the source and have also kept the article up. Which didn't happen.

Some sort of explanation should be forthcoming though as it seems a bit of a clusterfeck.

Sorry I wasn't speaking to that, just agreeing with thplinth that the propagandists did bad work, i wasn't meaning it as an excuse for Spiers. Mainly cause it isn't an excuse. I didn't even think of it in that context.

I'm not sure about entitlement(since it was retracted) but if in the same situation I'd be demanding one. If speirs is saying his article is true then he should stick by it, the problem is if he has a source, he then has a duty to preserve the source. Not sure how else he would know. Though his editors should know the source and have also kept the article up. Which didn't happen.

Some sort of explanation should be forthcoming though as it seems a bit of a clusterfeck.

Agree with this.

Again, I didn't say that did I? I said he was one of the more intelligent out there - but when you are up against the likes of keith Jackson or Chris jack its not hard.

I never even wrote to you Bro. I was making a general comment about stuff on the thread. I'll have to disagree with Spiers and intelligence though, unless it was relative to scottish football journalism.Then maybe he is bright by the contrast of all the dull bulbs.

I never even wrote to you Bro. I was making a general comment about stuff on the thread. I'll have to disagree with Spiers and intelligence though, unless it was relative to scottish football journalism.Then maybe he is bright by the contrast of all the dull bulbs.

Ha ha, yep fair enough.

I cant even remember if I like Speirs or not. What has he done / said (phart) that was thick? Maybe that will jog my memory of why I might dislike him.

Educated at St Andrews I think. Not sure what peoples definition of thick is but you don't generally get thickos at st andrews. Royals apart.

I cant even remember if I like Speirs or not. What has he done / said (phart) that was thick? Maybe that will jog my memory of why I might dislike him.

He's a total rambler, plus i've been hanging about with a former child prodigy lately so maybe that is affecting my baseline. No nous in dealing with Murray in the old days, sure he might be able to pass a few exams but he comes across as gullible to me.

He's a total rambler, plus i've been hanging about with a former child prodigy lately so maybe that is affecting my baseline. No nous in dealing with Murray in the old days, sure he might be able to pass a few exams but he comes across as gullible to me.

phart I have noticed this recently...

Listening to clever people makes you smarter.

Listening to stupid people makes you dumber.

Thanks. Sounds like he made the whole thing up just to annoy the rangers...

So. How does this play out?

I'm guessing his next column will be on the meeting he had?

Has he fallen on his sword?

Apology rejected by the Rangers board?