Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 319 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll say it again larky - seen her on twitter a fair bit but no I don't. Didn't even know she wrote for the herald.

What's you view of it all?

Spiers (who I quite like) has been either naive or arrogant (or both) though neither seems like a sacking offence as for Haggerty she seems too fond of being the story which doesn't work well if you're a journalist and from what I've seen this martyrdom could simply be a career move on her part.

Why are you happy to believe Speirs when he has made an unsubstantiated allegation?

i see you dont answer the question, typical deflection .

I am happy to believe Spiers as he has absolutely no previous of Lying, he is a professional journalist who knows waht to do.

Why would he lie. If it is proven what he said was untrue I will apologise.

Why do you think a Rangers Director and life long Supporter doesnt think the 'song' is great?

Once again I ask you to answer the Question, go on give it a try without Deflection...

just seen your post on the previous page..

So why would Spiers Lie?

Edited by stocky

The club "known" as Rangers. I stopped at that point.

That's because you are afraid to face the truth just like your club is. Your support is infested with shite bags who sing bigoted nonsense week in week out, it's not a minority of bigots either, it's a large portion of your support. The board clearly approve of it too otherwise they'd do something about it.

I am happy to believe Spiers as he has absolutely no previous of Lying, he is a professional journalist who knows waht to do.

Why do you think a Rangers Director and life long Supporter doesnt think the 'song' is great?

Once again I ask you to answer the Question, go on give it a try without Deflection...

So why would Spiers Lie?

I dont accept his version but more importantly he cant prove it but continued to print it Rather naively. He then seems to have put the herald in a no win situation Spiers decided to undermine his employer. He is a big boy. He knows the game. Edited by EddardStark

I font accept his version but more importantly he cant prove it but continued to print it Rather naively. He then seems to have put the herald in a no win situation Dpiers decided to undermine his employer. He is a big boy. He knows the game.

ok, so you are saying Spiers is lying, or printing untruths.

If it was a one on one conversation, at the most he was nieve in publishing it, however I believe the Director said what he was accused of.

So why would Spiers Lie?

I'm a lifelong Rangers supporter (47 years and counting) and every time I hear that song I cringe. It's an utter embarrassment that in this day and age folk think that sort of language is acceptable. I'd jail every tosspot that sings it. Probably publicly shame them too, although for quite a few of the "choir" that would be a badge of honour.

So, why would I believe that a man intelligent enough to be successful in business and made a Director of the club would say what Speirs has alleged? They'd have to be stupid or pissed.

However as I don't know which Director the allegation is against or Speirs in any way, I can't make any conclusion from the available evidence. Both outcomes are equally likely.

The law sees it differently. Speirs either cannot or will not back up his allegation. That is therefore putting him on the dodgy side of the tracks, legally and hence The Herald apology.

I'm led to believe Speirs is freelance therefore he hasn't been sacked as he wasn't employed. I don't know about this Haggerty woman as I haven't a clue who she is.

It seems to me that folk will believe what suits their agenda and are incapable of rational thought as regards this.

ShedTA is the best example of this. There's no proof of anything but he's calling Parks a khunt. Why?

I'm a lifelong Rangers supporter (47 years and counting) and every time I hear that song I cringe. It's an utter embarrassment that in this day and age folk think that sort of language is acceptable. I'd jail every tosspot that sings it. Probably publicly shame them too, although for quite a few of the "choir" that would be a badge of honour.

So, why would I believe that a man intelligent enough to be successful in business and made a Director of the club would say what Speirs has alleged? They'd have to be stupid or pissed.

However as I don't know which Director the allegation is against or Speirs in any way, I can't make any conclusion from the available evidence. Both outcomes are equally likely.

The law sees it differently. Speirs either cannot or will not back up his allegation. That is therefore putting him on the dodgy side of the tracks, legally and hence The Herald apology.

I'm led to believe Speirs is freelance therefore he hasn't been sacked as he wasn't employed. I don't know about this Haggerty woman as I haven't a clue who she is.

It seems to me that folk will believe what suits their agenda and are incapable of rational thought as regards this.

ShedTA is the best example of this. There's no proof of anything but he's calling Parks a khunt. Why?

like I said, I believe Spiers version of events as Logic dictates that. ( why would he lie)

However ,again as i have stated, he was naive in the extreme to print it, if he cant back it up.

I have no idea who said it, or the state he was in when he did.

But I do believe the chances of it being said are very high...

Yes the Law would be on the directors side as , the innocence is with him, However it doesnt mean he didnt say it.

I occasionally go to Killie games and hate it when Killie fans sing it, it isnt sectarian in this context ,( and wouldnt be sectarian if Rangers replaced the F*nian word with Celtic) but like you say in the 21st century why would we want to be to our knees in anyone's blood. sing about the fitba, sing about your rivals , but FFS get into the 21st Century.

HI Admin4. You were quick to change the title. So can we have a poll as fast. I suggest "Was Speirs talking the truth or lying". Let's see what the TAMB view is on this issue.

I'll think about it. Now stop causing trouble you.

like I said, I believe Spiers version of events as Logic dictates that. ( why would he lie)

However ,again as i have stated, he was naive in the extreme to print it, if he cant back it up.

I have no idea who said it, or the state he was in when he did.

But I do believe the chances of it being said are very high...

Yes the Law would be on the directors side as , the innocence is with him, However it doesnt mean he didnt say it.

I occasionally go to Killie games and hate it when Killie fans sing it, it isnt sectarian in this context ,( and wouldnt be sectarian if Rangers replaced the F*nian word with Celtic) but like you say in the 21st century why would we want to be to our knees in anyone's blood. sing about the fitba, sing about your rivals , but FFS get into the 21st Century.

Logic does not dictate that Speirs is telling the truth. You only believe that because it fits your agenda.

Logic dictates that there is not enough evidence to draw a conclusion.

I'm still waiting on an answer as to what proof there is that the Herald were threatened by Parks?

Again without proof it's just another shit throwing exercise.

At least we can agree on the singing. :ok:

The way I see it.

Speirs writes a column

Rangers complain re director and song

Herald panic and apologise

Speirs is angry and writes his piece

The Hag - rangers hater and Phil mac's buddy - sides with spiers and gets her jotters.

Speirs only has to release the emails...

HI Admin4. You were quick to change the title. So can we have a poll as fast. I suggest "Was Speirs talking the truth or lying". Let's see what the TAMB view is on this issue.

Why? What would it tell us?

The Rangers fans would say Speirs is a liar. The others would not.

Logically you can't tell if Speirs is a liar or not so it's a moot point anyway.

Why are you happy to believe Speirs when he has made an unsubstantiated allegation?

Why are you happy he isnt.?

Why do you presume he is making it up.

The probability is that he made the statement, a Rangers man at Ibrox ( on match day ?) the chances of him saying so are quite high IMO...

Speirs has nothing to gain from lying, the article was strong enough without the director bit, why add it.

The director and of course Rangers would deny it. they are the accused party

Mr Blue, you are a very reasonable poster, i have nowt against Rangers, but to think the Director didnt state this(when we dont know who the director is) is Naive

Spiers was niave if he cannot substantiate teh claim, although again, i believe there is more to come out of this..

The only guy I believe wouldnt say it is Dave King, all other Rangers men have sung it at some point in their lives..

FFS i did in the 80's, i just sang along... didnt know what it was about....

What gives you any reason to think the statement was not made....

The deputy editor has issued a circular to Herald staff advising them not to get sucked into the twitter frenzy It infers the Herald have tried very hard to accommodate both employees.

I think there is more to come

Not quite correct eddard.the tweet said they had tried to be accommodating to all parties involved. I believe they really have.