Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 250 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Might well have?

Oh well, if they might well have then that's it totally proved, isn't it?

You normally seem quite smart but on this occasion your fervent thirst for blood is blinding you to the stupidity of your own statement.

Ehhh I was quoting Lord Drummond Young the judge delivering the opinion (you can tell by the quotation marks). :rolleyes: wow!

I'll say here what I just said to admin4.

The big thread should never have been closed. No one was abusing anyone and nothing offensive was being discussed. It was and is the biggest story in Scottish sports. So while I understand their motives it also looked a lot like censorship.

Being genuine about Rangers here for a change.

How does today's court ruling affect Rangers?? It is a new business company playing in the leagues so how can they possibly go into admin after today's findings??

Meaning Rangers as in the team playing today not the oldco

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Being genuine about Rangers here for a change.

How does today's court ruling affect Rangers?? It is a new business company playing in the leagues so how can they possibly go into admin after today's findings??

Meaning Rangers as in the team playing today not the oldco

Don't think anyone is saying admin is a possibility on the back of the court ruling m8. Our financial reports, also released today, have thrown up those questions.

Don't think anyone is saying admin is a possibility on the back of the court ruling m8. Our financial reports, also released today, have thrown up those questions.

?? been trying read on here, Twitter and other sites but a lot of them just seem to be filled with people taking the piss

Ehhh I was quoting Lord Drummond Young the judge delivering the opinion (you can tell by the quotation marks). :rolleyes: wow!

You are of course perfectly correct in that it wasn't your statement. I should have referred to your post instead. I apologise.

Now that your pedantry has been appeased any chance of addressing the point? Or are you just deflecting when your argument dies, as per usual?

I find the desperate wish of some posters on here for Rangers to "die" quite depressing and pathetic.

I quite honestly cannot understand the mentality. The worst I have wished on any other team is defeat in a match. Normally when it involves my team winning said match. Other than that I generally don't bother, unless there's a player I don't like (John Terry). Now i know this cuts both ways with some Rangers fans having the same pathetic sentiments towards other clubs.

I condemn them in the same way.

No one on this board knows what will now happen with the oldco or indeed with the new board vs Ashley and speculation and opinions are fine but presenting them as fact is perfectly ridiculous.

You are of course perfectly correct in that it wasn't your statement. I should have referred to your post instead. I apologise.

Now that your pedantry has been appeased any chance of addressing the point? Or are you just deflecting when your argument dies, as per usual?

I find the desperate wish of some posters on here for Rangers to "die" quite depressing and pathetic.

I quite honestly cannot understand the mentality. The worst I have wished on any other team is defeat in a match. Normally when it involves my team winning said match. Other than that I generally don't bother, unless there's a player I don't like (John Terry). Now i know this cuts both ways with some Rangers fans having the same pathetic sentiments towards other clubs.

I condemn them in the same way.

No one on this board knows what will now happen with the oldco or indeed with the new board vs Ashley and speculation and opinions are fine but presenting them as fact is perfectly ridiculous.

I honestly believe it's shaped by people's interactions with Rangers fans over the years.

Now don't get me wrong many of my close friends are rangers fans, but our opinion is shaped how we have experienced rangers collectively (both home and away) in the past. Add in the sectarian bile and it's obvious why there is little love lost.

Also add in to the fact that Rangers were one of the biggest teams in Scotland (everyone wants to see the mighty fallen).

Not having a dig at you personally or anyone on here, just trying to answer your question.

J

I'm a bemused bystander here enjoying the comedy when it comes and by feck this pantomime has provided a rich seam of endless material.

However, i ve just read something that has pissed me off! Rangers locked in a battle with the SPFL over the £250,000 fine over side letters. Apparently an SFA tribunal met over 2 days to discuss Rangers appeal on this matter last week. The SFA, and I quote ' refused to reveal details of the outcome, stressing it was a matter for Rangers and the SPFL'.

How the can they refuse to reveal the outcome? Do they not know transparency is at the heart of the issue here as far as how they have handled the whole Sevco fiasco? Arrogant twats!!!

Edited by slasher

I honestly believe it's shaped by people's interactions with Rangers fans over the years.

Now don't get me wrong many of my close friends are rangers fans, but our opinion is shaped how we have experienced rangers collectively (both home and away) in the past. Add in the sectarian bile and it's obvious why there is little love lost.

Also add in to the fact that Rangers were one of the biggest teams in Scotland (everyone wants to see the mighty fallen).

Not having a dig at you personally or anyone on here, just trying to answer your question.

J

It's not really unusual for the SFA though, is it?

They're still stuck in the 60s.

Playing Devil's Advocate (Not Dick 'EBT' Advocaat)...

If (I suspect there will be) an appeal (considering the difference in opinion in 3 cases) is made again and MIH were to win, would there be apologies from those reveling in this news?

In addition, I see the SPFL/SFA/SFL/SPL - which ever one is in charge - has come out and said there will be no action on Title Stripping. Rightly so as well.

J

I think that's pretty honest and I touched on it earlier in the thread. There is no question we had/have an arrogant streak running through our support, as well as the well documented wallopers that do the Club no favours at every game.

I personally don't mind the stick on here, as i think, for the most part it's nothing nasty, simply part of football rivalry. It's Quite similar to people taking delight in the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea struggling just now. Some folk need to man up and stop being so prescious about every little thing.

Of course that works both ways. There are some on here that are mock offended at everything Rangers do or are involved in, and of course there are others who go that step further and are utterly consumed by bitterness and hatred when it comes to the fitba'. I think idiots like that surface in all walks of life and they are at every club, including my own, where they are in abundance.

For the former I again don't see much harm in it. It happens on here daily with regards newspapers, the media, the SFA, referees etc etc. I can't even believe folk are serious it's so ridiculous.

For the latter lot I tend not to bother with them regardless of what team they support. I honestly don't know how folk can be arsed hating someone over football.

Each to their own I suppose!