Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 160 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

That's what I don't get.

And despite what my pal RenfieldBlue says, there isn't an equal percentage of scum amongst the Killie, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd supports posting the same filth on their messageboards.

Just the same way there isn' t the same % singing bigotted/offensive songs. No wonder they can't eradicate it when even guys like him think everyone else are as bad.

RenfieldBlue? Not sure if that's a reference i don't get or just a spell checker attack.

I haven't been to Ibrox this season so my comments come from personal experience last season.

I generally sit in cheap seats in the Broomloan with my kids. Whilst I do hear the songs, in general there was very little sectarian stuff going on and I did feel it was an improvement on previous seasons.

It may well be worse this season as only total die hards still go and they are the type to sing the nasty stuff. The lack of success and the board stuff may well have also helped bring the neanderthals to the forefront.

As the previous poster has pointed out, other clubs fans forums are just as bad because that's where the keyboard warriors congregate to spread their bile.

They aren't necessarily a good guide of the general supporter though.

I'll stick by my estimate of the percentage of fuds following each club being very similar until someone can prove otherwise.

I've met some total roasters from nearly every club in Scotland. The worst being Aberdeen. That's just my personal experience and doesn't mean they have the most despicable fans.

On the plus side Killie fans are normally decent folk in my experience. Ayr fans, not so much.

what happens now ?

King gets control - I would guess spends £10-£15M to get to the 'start line' - then ongoing expenditure (millions ?) to get everything else stable ? Then what ?

how much to compete with Celtic, buy players ? I guess more millions ?

What I am missing is how much does this sugar daddy have to pump in then how does it become sustainable ?

Also given his track record do we expect him to be honest, philanthropic and always act honourably and in the best interests of the club and Scottish football ?

there seems to be a lot of detail missing for the less informed amongst us......

I see our Phil has stated that close to 300k leaves Ibrox as rental every month to an offshore company. He has also stated that if he is not correct then he will gladly apologise and retract the statement. So far no one from Ibrox has asked him to do so.

So that still begs the question, who owns the deeds?

ask Bomber

King on SSN saying he wants Rangers men on the board.

Just watched the interview with Jimbo White and you're being a bit naughty with this comment. At no point does he say he wants Rangers men on the Board. He talks about wanting to restore the club to a successful footing and says he wants like minded people on the board.

You've interpreted it to mean Rangers men (whatever that actually means) but it's not what I read into it.

Unless of course you have a different definition for Rangers men than I've assumed.

Jim White!

:lol:

He's fast becoming the Rangers equivalent of Gazza with 4 cans and a fishing rod.

A lot of his questions were total nonsense and you could see Dave King trying to make something sensible out of them but to be honest Jimbo was virtually useless. Nothing new tbh.

He seems to get these gigs, he flew out to Monaco to interview Craig Whyte, I don't think he actually got anything from him? Then there was the now infamous charles Green hospital bed interview!

:lol:

How Sky still employ him is a total mystery.

To be fair to him, there's something quite likeable about him, he always looks happy anyway, although so would I with colleagues like Kate Abdo and Natalie Sawyer!

Happy but stupid, like a big labrador puppy!

Just watched the interview with Jimbo White and you're being a bit naughty with this comment.

I'm not, a number of Rangers fan groups were also sharing a transcript of the same interview I seen, if it pops up again I'll copy it over here. :ok: