Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 164 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

If this has been mentioned in the last 272 pages i apologise but we might be overlooking something here.Is it not the case that Ashley has control over the only profitable part of the business (The retail side),so presumably the profits go to him.If King cancels out the debts he needs Rangers to be a profitable concern.The T.V .money is next to nothing for a club of that size and bums on seats alone wont cover the wages bill that Rangers will have to pay to compete at the level they want to.

But lets take the scenario that a debt free Rangers improve to challenge Celtic and maybe make into into the early stages of Europe with limited financial rewards.You would expect the retail profits to improve.So why would Ashley part with the only increasingly profitable part of the business.Can King and the board force him to do so.?It seems to me if Rangers are successful there is only one Geordie who will be sitting pretty.If this is the case what are Kings real motives ?

Oh and i'm led to believe the customs and excise appeal process has not finished Can they still go after "The Rangers" in its current form.Any comments on this ?

Edited by Wine bibber

If this has been mentioned in the last 272 pages i apologise but we might be overlooking something here.Is it not the case that Ashley has control over the only profitable part of the business (The retail side),so presumably the profits go to him.If King cancels out the debts he needs Rangers to be a profitable concern.The T.V .money is next to nothing for a club of that size and bums on seats alone wont cover the wages bill that Rangers will have to pay to compete at the level they want to.

But lets take the scenario that a debt free Rangers improve to challenge Celtic and maybe make into into the early stages of Europe with limited financial rewards.You would expect the retail profits to improve.So why would Ashley part with the only increasingly profitable part of the business.Can King and the board force him to do so.?It seems to me if Rangers are successful there is only one Geordie who will be sitting pretty.If this is the case what are Kings real motives ?

Oh and i'm led to believe the customs and excise appeal process has not finished Can they still go after "The Rangers" in its current form.Any comments on this ?

To answer your last paragraph. The appeal process is still ongoing but that is against the "oldco " and does not apply to Rangers in their current form, as you put it.

Well that depends.. if you are a shareholder you would find it much harder to sell your shares and thus it would probably just add to your overall hilarious seethe, tipping you over the edge into yet again trawling endless threads making snide and personal comments to numerous people in an effort to deflect from the fact that you had nothing of interest or value to add to the conversation.

If you were RFC you would find it much harder and more costly to raise money.

H is for...

Home-Run.jpeg

Hopefully it will Bruce, and agree from a rangers fans perspective it appears to be good, but kings first statements are not the best. especially this "we have to compete with celtic" asap stuff . Would have surely been better to hear him say this will take time and we will build slowly , though maybe if he is planning to raise cash - he needs the emotive of competing with celtic again soon.

Just watched the new boards interview with Rangers TV. King was very clear that his aim is to compete with Celtic, after all they Are the best team in the country just now, but that it would take time. John Gilligan made it clear they would need time to rebuild. Paul Murray also made it abundantly clear the new manager would not be a rush decision and that he would be there for the long run building a team, not buying in big names.

It all struck a balance for me between wanting success and not over spending for it.

Sorry if this Spoils the anti Rangers rage and desire for us to fail but I felt he had the right idea.

Of course he's got to say that. The fans demand it.

What he's not saying - and what the fans aren't expecting - is that it's going to happen tomorrow.

Today feels like a good day and as a Rangers fan I can't remember the last bit of good news we had. Now it looks we might have some decent future but I don't think anyone is going to expect miracles overnight, whole squad needs an overhaul, we've wasted a lot of opportunities to develop as a club both on and off the park.

Just watched the new boards interview with Rangers TV. King was very clear that his aim is to compete with Celtic, after all they Are the best team in the country just now, but that it would take time. John Gilligan made it clear they would need time to rebuild. Paul Murray also made it abundantly clear the new manager would not be a rush decision and that he would be there for the long run building a team, not buying in big names.

It all struck a balance for me between wanting success and not over spending for it.

Sorry if this Spoils the anti Rangers rage and desire for us to fail but I felt he had the right idea.

What a lot of pish. In what way is my post anti rangers ffs. You lot are getting worse than the mopes from the east end of your town.

A balance?. More pish. He was splaffing earlier about spunking 20 million to get back competing with Celtic short term. In what way is that a f@cking balanced approach for a club that has been through what yours has? Try to stop being so offended by everyone that doesn't think king is the messiah will you.

What a lot of pish. In what way is my post anti rangers ffs. You lot are getting worse than the mopes from the east end of your town.

A balance?. More pish. He was splaffing earlier about spunking 20 million to get back competing with Celtic short term. In what way is that a f@cking balanced approach for a club that has been through what yours has? Try to stop being so offended by everyone that doesn't think king is the messiah will you.

Oh dear you really do have it bad don't you? ?

I don't believe King is the Messiah, and if you'd read any of my posts when he first got involved in didn't trust him at all. I've moved a wee bit from that position but not far.

If you'd listened to the actual words instead of only hearing them through your hate filter you'd have got the sense of what was said.

The £20m is not to compete with Celtic. It's to sort out the club top to bottom. That includes the stadium, squad, management and the scouting plus probably some others.

As I say you can choose to believe your version but I feel more positive now especially as it's not just King. He's even saying he can't do it himself. But you keep twisting words if it makes you happy.

Today feels like a good day and as a Rangers fan I can't remember the last bit of good news we had.

I don't think that you'll know where you stand until all of the conditions of the previous deals are above board, how much has to be sunk into stadium repairs, etc.

Add to that the doubt of which League you'll be playing in next season and the fact that Ashley will be determined to have the last word, then any 'feel-good factor' might be pre-mature.

much the same,seem to be all about trying to compete with celtic as quick as possible instead of building slowly but king did say of the 20 mill he is willing to invest initially just over half will be used on players

Oh dear you really do have it bad don't you?

I don't believe King is the Messiah, and if you'd read any of my posts when he first got involved in didn't trust him at all. I've moved a wee bit from that position but not far.

If you'd listened to the actual words instead of only hearing them through your hate filter you'd have got the sense of what was said.

The £20m is not to compete with Celtic. It's to sort out the club top to bottom. That includes the stadium, squad, management and the scouting plus probably some others.

As I say you can choose to believe your version but I feel more positive now especially as it's not just King. He's even saying he can't do it himself. But you keep twisting words if it makes you happy.

You keep going on about hate. I think in a sad way you want to be hated.

I don't think that you'll know where you stand until all of the conditions of the previous deals are above board, how much has to be sunk into stadium repairs, etc.

Add to that the doubt of which League you'll be playing in next season and the fact that Ashley will be determined to have the last word, then any 'feel-good factor' might be pre-mature.

Fear not. I'm not getting carried away but it still feels like a good day.

You keep going on about hate. I think in a sad way you want to be hated.

Who would want to be hated? What a bizarre thing to say.

I'm totally ambivalent to the opinions of the posters on here. None of you are my friends so why would I care what you think?