Celtic V Better Together Fc - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Better Together Fc

Your first thoughts after a very good win is to rub it into some strangers on the TAMB. This says a lot about you

Enjoy your win, your team deserved it overall.

Why not rub it in? I'm in the house watching the kids while the wife is out at the cinema with the other kids. If I was a Celtic supporter this and Facebook would be getting used to rub it in. Perhaps we aren't all sitting in a pub watching the game with our mates?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk posting GIRFUY on the internet, football fans at that, say it aint so.

It was obvious that KF would be the first to post a GIRUY, he's been itching for it.

Macy, you seem confused here, no pain here min. We were dreaming of the title and today showed it was a dream, had we taken our chances in the first half it could have been different. Celtic have the experience of being here before and it showed today.

They won and they will win the league so it's hardly news.

Why not rub it in? I'm in the house watching the kids while the wife is out at the cinema with the other kids. If I was a Celtic supporter this and Facebook would be getting used to rub it in. Perhaps we aren't all sitting in a pub watching the game with our mates?

Whatever floats yer boat RB.

Which is why I said most. We haven't had anyone get close to the OF at this point of the season, I'm happy we pushed celtic this far, we have to learn from it though if we want to do it again

Yeah what you said is absolutely true, Aberdeen outside of the Oldfirm has had the highest ceiling, in fact in the last 30 years i'd like to see a round robin of the best teams to play. As some teams might not have had success but some of the teams (pre-OF buying the better players to sit on bench) had quite a high ceiling.

what year aberdeen team (last 30 years) would you put up for that competition? We'll assume they play to form.

Edited by phart

Does hearts taking it to the last 30 minutes of the season not count, Donald?

It counts for one season we're going back the last 30, it's hardly the most controversial thing posted here in the last 50 mins :D

McInnes in particular was shown up today. Presumably he read some of the ridiculous comments on here about how good his side were & tried to chase the game in the 2nd half.

Nonsense.

First half we were by far the better side, McInnes set the team up well. Very poor mistake for the 1st goal (we're poor at set pieces), and we had to chase the game, I think McInnes was right to do that.

Stupid to give away a penalty, but aye, after that we totally fell apart.

Better team won, and no surprises that sellick will win the league

Would have been great to keep the pressure on for a few more weeks, but hey ho, just have to concentrate on 2nd, and improving for next season

Does hearts taking it to the last 30 minutes of the season not count, Donald?

Again I said most teams...... We won it in 85, hearts came close in 86 and again we lost it on the last game of the season in 91. Can't remember which year hearts were runners up in the Romanov era. I think most understand what my point was though.

Seriously, does it actually upset you that he rubbed it in?

If the result was reversed would you have said something different? I doubt it.

No it doesn't upset me but its nice to see you can make assumptions on my character like that. I wouldn't even be on here if we won today and the likes of KF wouldn't even enter my mind.

Seriously, does it actually upset you that he rubbed it in?

If the result was reversed would you have said something different? I doubt it.

He hasn't quite reached the official dizzy heights of your very own GIRFUY has he :P

That was a proud day.

Nonsense.

First half we were by far the better side, McInnes set the team up well. Very poor mistake for the 1st goal (we're poor at set pieces), and we had to chase the game, I think McInnes was right to do that.

Would have been great to keep the pressure on for a few more weeks, but hey ho, just have to concentrate on 2nd, and improving for next season

Dinna waste yer time.

Deservedly beaten. Were better team 1st half but defended shambolically and went in 1-0 down.

Looked like we decided to really go for it 2nd half and were cut open time and again. in the end, it could've been more. A spectacular collapse that's so out of character.

did anyone else think that Celtics opener was a foul by GRIFFITHS on the aberdeen keeper SCOTT BROWN, or are keepers not as protected as they used to be.

Me.

I cannot understand why that isn't deliberate obstruction.

As a neutral watching this was a case of one team dominating the first half but not taking their chances and concede a soft goal late on to go in 1-0 down. The second half the other team dominated and took their chances hence the skew-whiff scoreline.

If Aberdeen want to get even closer to Celtic next season they need more quality up front and perhaps a more solid central defender than Reynolds.

Me.

I cannot understand why that isn't deliberate obstruction.

Strachan (on Sky) was spot on though in looking at that. All the keeper needed to do was move a few yards to his left and to the right and if Griffiths went with him you start pointing it out to the ref. To me Brown didn't do enough - he stood there and waited for a free-kick to be given and the defense momentarily did the same and they paid for it. Play to the whistle.

As a neutral watching this was a case of one team dominating the first half but not taking their chances and concede a soft goal late on to go in 1-0 down. The second half the other team dominated and took their chances hence the skew-whiff scoreline.

If Aberdeen want to get even closer to Celtic next season they need more quality up front and perhaps a more solid central defender than Reynolds.

It's a shame because until this season Reynolds has been pretty solid and ever present. He has looked shakey too often this season and was terrible today.

Nonsense.

At 1-0, you're still in the game. He gambled far too early.

Should have tried to keep it tight until the last 10/15 mins, then go for it. A point would have kept the league alive.

McInnes got ahead of himself & it backfired spectacularly.