Jim Murphy - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was early in the second half IIRC.

That game was a nightmare, had free tickets from my boss in the Lisbon Lions stand, but got stuck in traffic and turned up about 20 minutes after kick off. Took our seats just as McCoist was clean through on goal, had to sit on our hands to avoid blowing our cover. Murder watching fitba in the wrong end. I think the win took Celtic above us in the league for the first time in ages.

Anyway back to Mr Murphy...

Guy in our supporters bus watched the 3-0 win at Ibrox from the club deck.

Can someone - anyone - point me in the direction of Scottish Labour's constitution that Murphy is advocating a change to?

The article here purports to list the "aims and values", original and new

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jim-murphy-labour-party-open-to-yes-voters-1-3657421

There was an old thread on this

http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2967

My friends and others on Social Media. A small percentage for allowing Nationalism into the party, and Loads for Red Ed's NHS hypocrisy speech.

The NHS assertion is absolute howler that should be splashed on every front page tomorrow morning. They made considerable political weather of Yes' claim a No vote risked the Union before and after the September 18th ballot. A lot was made that the NHS was fully devolved and it's budget was not at risk with a No vote. As such, my jaw hit the floor when I seen Ed Miliband state a Tory win risks a £1 billion cut to the Scottish NHS! That one line has made an absolute c*** of many No and Labour campaigners, supporters, activists and members. SNP should be going to town on it - the Labour/No criticism at the time got a lot of coverage.

Other stuff that didnt quite make sense: extra £1000 bursaries for poorest in Higher Education but something about £1600 for young Scots going straight into work. That's presumably a lot of money - haven't seen any costings for it yet.

What a couple of inspirational politicians Miliband and Murphy are - 'Don't vote for the party whose policies you agree with the most, vote against the party whose policies you disagree with the most.'

I'm getting close to the stage of not giving a toss which of Cameron or Miliband gets in; them's the breaks when you're Better Together...

Edited by neilser

The NHS assertion is absolute howler that should be splashed on every front page tomorrow morning. They made considerable political weather of Yes' claim a No vote risked the Union before and after the September 18th ballot. A lot was made that the NHS was fully devolved and it's budget was not at risk with a No vote. As such, my jaw hit the floor when I seen Ed Miliband state a Tory win risks a £1 billion cut to the Scottish NHS! That one line has made an absolute c*** of many No and Labour campaigners, supporters, activists and members. SNP should be going to town on it - the Labour/No criticism at the time got a lot of coverage.

Other stuff that didnt quite make sense: extra £1000 bursaries for poorest in Higher Education but something about £1600 for young Scots going straight into work. That's presumably a lot of money - haven't seen any costings for it yet.

Depends how many mansions there are in the south east of England.

Hasn't he already blown the Mansion Tax consequentials on 1000 extra nurses?

Does England know what he's promising Scotland on the back of taxing them more?

Can we imagine what the reaction would be if an SNP politician said that we were going to tax mansions in England to pay for more nurses in Scotland?

There's more as well, pretty much promising to give young Scots a cash handout:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31780621

:-))

Wtf? I presume it'll at least be means tested?

The £1600 handout is absolutely stark-raving bonkers. Not only is it not costed, but it's simply mental.

So, for kids that do not have the desire/ambition to go into further education, an apprenticeship or simply go into work - Murphy wants to chuck £1600 quid at them to for them to spend on driving lessons, training or (the best laugh in my opinion) setting up their own business!! How many 17/18 year olds set up their own bloody business?? As for them to gain further training - I think if you have an idea of what you want to do at that age then this would more often than not be accessible to gain such training through further education. That brings us to driving lessons - a lovely gift from uncle Jim. I'm sure that the absolute wasters of society will be grateful for the handout for that said gift without having to lift a finger!

Most concerning is that this whole policy can effectively work as an incentive to draw kids away from further education if you dangle a carrot of £1600 in front of them.

How about incentivising them with that if they stay in work for a period of 2 years (or something to that effect) that then they get a handout. To promote a work ethic and a reward at the end of it?

He said it again on GMS this morning.

It also struck me that if he had an American accent he'd sound just like HAL from 2001.

"Daisy, Daisy..."

I always think he sounds like Naveed from still game!