Ian Smart - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

he's not alone in the Labour Party - if they need to look at why they are so bankrupt then they need to ask why so many can't think of anything to say except waving their finger in rage and spluttering "you're all nazis"......... its pretty much the last resort of many of them and they are just showing they have no arguments left. They are dead.

Probably raging about the sale of Kenny McLean.

He always seems an ok guy on the telly, don't know what happens to him when he's left alone with the internet...

He represents all that is wrong with Labour. Get some time with fawning press or TV, and they know how to come across as perfectly reasonable (and that media will give them easy ride), but behind that facade is a party rotten to it's core. That's what happens when a party is gifted always total power for more than two decades and they take power for granted. Been this way for a while I'd imagine, the internet has just helped expose them.

He's an idiot best ignored like many others.

What really f***s me off though is the way it's completely ignored by a media who spent the entire referendum campaign vilifying any Yes supporter for breathing. And Smart has previous form, yet continues to be invited on to TV shows. Disgusting.

There are some who say - not me, you understand - that he has a difficult relationship with alcohol.

No excuse for vileness like that.

FFS. My Grandfaither was a Scottish Nationalist all his life and a Major in the British Army, who fought against Hitler. There would be numerous like him.

Thank God I'm not on Twitter.

It's him with the problem parsing reality, i hope he gets better at it someday. Can't be pleasant having to share your skull with these types of thoughts all the time.

Looking at his other tweets he seemed to have fallen for MI5 smearing propaganda about Arthur Donaldson and some other people associated with the SNP. He has mis-interpeted this to mean Donaldson was a Nazi, then he heaps praise on Britains greatest accomplishment which he says is the defeat on Nazism.

He then throws this sophistry out there and it's a half-decent job if you're preaching to folk not in the know,

The SNP did have some shady characters back then, but Oswald Mosely was a labour MP at one point, which sort of blunts his edge.

Using an 80 year old lens to look at the future gives you a blurred image it would seem.

No excuse for vileness like that.

FFS. My Grandfaither was a Scottish Nationalist all his life and a Major in the British Army, who fought against Hitler. There would be numerous like him.

Thank God I'm not on Twitter.

Yep. Both my grandads fought in WWII and both were Scottish Nationalists.

Christmas must be joyous when the Smart family get together. His brother is a legend. My favourite line if his, to the tune of American Pie:

And the one man they admire most

Tony Blair, their Holy Ghost

Out-lefted by the Sunday Post

The day Lib Labour died

Probably raging about the sale of Kenny McLean.

He always seems an ok guy on the telly, don't know what happens to him when he's left alone with the internet...

I've seen him I think twice on the politics programmes and agree. He's a lot more subdued, even came across reasonable once (within reason of course).

There can be only one reason he's off his heid on Twitter

Wine_2340370b.jpg

Not a spoof account. Couple of labour luvvies have actually for first time replied to him saying he is out of order. If this had been a pro yes spokesman, press would be in meltdown. Christ remember Sillars being attacked and brought into national news for saying there would be a day of reckoning for businesses who supported No.

Edited by giblet

he spent the whole referendum being a w@nk about the polls, constantly smugly repeating the phrase 'there is no room for complacency" every time No was ahead... in the light of the recent wave of polls it would be funny if he got lots of tweets to remind him.

what goes around......

Obviously the bevvy has pickled Smart's brain so much he is oblivious to the fact that his party are so desperate for power that they have tapped up Oglaigh na Eireann's mouthpiece for support in a hung parliament. And the fact his party released countless numbers of Republican and Loyalist thugs back onto our streets in the name of 'peace'. Not that the state broadcaster would ever shout about the rooftops about that, mind you.