Brown Vs Black - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on another thread, Celtic did a job on Black. They took turn about at booting him early on, clearly hoping they could rile him into a reaction that would get him a red. Surprisingly perhaps he didn't fall for it. Later on, when the extent of Thomson's incompetence was clear, they just left it to Brown to have fun. Black at least tried to compete, which is more than a few of the others in the Rangers midfield did, both Law and Hutton appeared to shite it. Black has gone backwards big-time at Rangers, he won his only cap on the back of his last season at Hearts in which he played pretty well.

Name me 5 team's he wouldn't get into?

Arsenal, Chelsea, man city, man United, spurs, Southampton, Everton, Liverpool. There's 8 for starters. West ham, stoke and Newcastle are maybes.

He wouldn't get into any of those 8 first elevens and certainly wouldn't walk in. Noticeable that no EPL club has shown interest in him.

Black deserved all he got, he has been playing dead after a tackle on him for last couple of seasons. did exactly the same when Scott Allan melted him last month. should never have got near a Scotland cap, Levein was a disgrace.

I for one am suprised a decent epl side has never come in for him and amazed a sh&t epl has ever signed him.For a player whose physical fitness would be superior to many epl midfielders he is totally made for that league. His passing ( although still not great) and game intelligence has improved hugely in the last 3/4 years and would improve any side from lower top half to outside the top 4.

Arsenal, Chelsea, man city, man United, spurs, Southampton, Everton, Liverpool. There's 8 for starters. West ham, stoke and Newcastle are maybes.

He wouldn't get into any of those 8 first elevens and certainly wouldn't walk in. Noticeable that no EPL club has shown interest in him.

He would walk into all of these sides but don't let your bitterness get in the way.

Newcastle,maybe? :-))

Brown could walk into 75% of EPL sides starting 11s.

Cracking player who has had tough time of it with injury.

Last few years he's been excellent with Scotland.

We generally give the english a bit of ribbing for their over hyped belief that average players are world beaters yet on here there seems to be this belief that Brown is sensational.

Over the past year he has improved but he has never really justified the £4.5million we paid for him all this years ago. For some reason we tend to value attributes such as energy and just general running about more than technical ability. Yesterday for example, Biton was the best player on the park by a mile but he was never mentioned.

He has improved as I said, but he's nowhere near as good as people think.

Not sure if serious.

Since Strachan started with Scotland , I think there have been 2 key men whose performances have been consistently good - Russell Martin for organising the defence and Scott Brown running the midfield.

Edited by irnbruman

Me neither.

Took the ball.

Problem is these days because he wasn't fully in control of himself it's a yellow.

I much preferred it when they just got on with it like men. Black is a wimp that just crumples when someone is solid in the challenge. He may play for my team but I'd rather he didn't.

Steve Davis walked into Southampton side.

Henderson gets a game for Liverpool.

Stoke, Newcastle? ?????

A Southampton side that is riding high and he is one of their best players. He's technically much better than brown.

Funny how that of any of these teams into which he can apparently walk into the first eleven ( that's essentially not even be in the first eleven but be a guaranteed starter every week) none have ever shown interest in brown. That's despite Ledley and wanyama both being signed by EPL teams.

Obviously those clubs are all missing a trick on brown....