Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who haven't seen it here it is:

Thought long and hard before posting it here because it's harrowing stuff, but slso uplifting at the same time.

Immense credit to Ricksen, Rangers, the players taking part and to the fans. Whatever I've said of Rangers and its fans in the past, a huge lump in my throat and a few tears were unavoidable watching this.

Well done to everyone involved, I'm sure Ricksen and his family are overwhelmed by the support shown today.

For those who haven't seen it here it is:

http://youtu.be/68PmPEzQvCc

Thought long and hard before posting it here because it's harrowing stuff, but slso uplifting at the same time.

Immense credit to Ricksen, Rangers, the players taking part and to the fans. Whatever I've said of Rangers and its fans in the past, a huge lump in my throat and a few tears were unavoidable watching this.

Well done to everyone involved, I'm sure Ricksen and his family are overwhelmed by the support shown today.

Well said!

Wow. That was both heart warming and heart wrenching.

Thanks for posting it redstevie.

I too went through a bit of an emotional roller coaster watching that. I defy anyone not to shed a tear though. Reminds us of why we all love football so much. Brilliant turn out from fans and past players.

I wish Fernando all the very, very best in his fight. Well done to everyone associated with Rangers.

Echo the sentiments of previous posters, had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, and had me close to tears.

Some send off for the guy, in fact that sums up why it's so sad as he's leaving the pitch, it's a goodbye.

Also has said earlier, not only does it put football in perspective, it shows how it can bring folk together and is pretty special.

All the best to Fernando, who is one of the most interesting characters Scottish football has seen in my lifetime, from being named after an Abba song, having a bouncy castle in his garden, a fling with Jordan, fireworks in Alan thomsons garden and some football too.

:ok:

Wow. That was both heart warming and heart wrenching.

Thanks for posting it redstevie.

You've summed that up perfectly. I couldn't hold back the tears, especially when he waved and you could see the damage the disease has done to his hands.

I had a tear in my eye after watching that and anyone who watched it says they didnt then they are lying.It also makes you wonder why rangers have so many idiots supporting them and running them when you see what they did today.It makes you think the club could be so much better.There was so much positivity both on the park and off it for fernando who was emotional at the reception he received and lets hope he keeps fighting the disease.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Some bizarre posts from people who have absoultely no intention of going to the game in the first place. I don't see what business it is of anyone who isn't going where the money goes. People attending the game do so knowing this. if they don't like it they don't have to attend so what business is it of those who don't go.:unsure:

Some bizarre posts from people who have absoultely no intention of going to the game in the first place. I don't see what business it is of anyone who isn't going where the money goes. People attending the game do so knowing this. if they don't like it they don't have to attend so what business is it of those who don't go. :unsure:

Agreed.

• 3 months later...