Aberdeen Thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

After all the slagging Dons fans have taken on this board over the years - from all quarters - I think it says a lot that after 8 straight wins, no goals conceded and top of the league by 4 points in January there isn't an Aberdeen thread on the front page.

This proves 2 things.

1. You all talk sh*te. Aberdeen fans don't dominate this board.

2. You lot only ever want to talk about Aberdeen when we're getting humped.

I expect normal service will resume when Dundee or St Johnstone put us back in our box.

GIRFUYs.

:)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most full time Aberdeen fans on here (you know the ones who don't just pack it in when things are not going too well, but stick with their team through thick and thin) are so shit scared about boasting in case it all goes horribly wrong, before they have actually won something.

After all the slagging Dons fans have taken on this board over the years - from all quarters - I think it says a lot that after 8 straight wins, no goals conceded and top of the league by 4 points in January there isn't an Aberdeen thread on the front page.

This proves 2 things.

1. You all talk sh*te. Aberdeen fans don't dominate this board.

2. You lot only ever want to talk about Aberdeen when we're getting humped.

I expect normal service will resume when Dundee or St Johnstone put us back in our box.

GIRFUYs.

:)

Welcome back.

Now GTF for coming on here on a Monday night with your wind-up when Aberdeen last played on Saturday.

BTW, Where's Niall McGinn's selfie from New Douglas Park??

I think the majority of scottish football fans with the exception of celtic fans, for obvious reasons, are cheering you guys on. Certainly all the football fans I know who don't follow celtic.

Their achievements in the past couple of months have been staggeringly good (with the exception of the cup exit, a game which aberdeen could easily have won).

Your fixtures until the split are very favourable. With the exception of celtic away which could be a massive game. Celtic's games definitely look harder.

Credit where it's due and I really hope you guys can see it through. Can't see it personally but it will be close. Mon the sheep, but no against the jags, although you'll probably win those games as well with more highly dubious refereeing decisions anyway! ;)

I think the majority of scottish football fans with the exception of celtic fans, for obvious reasons, are cheering you guys on. Certainly all the football fans I know who don't follow celtic.

Their achievements in the past couple of months have been staggeringly good (with the exception of the cup exit, a game which aberdeen could easily have won).

Your fixtures until the split are very favourable. With the exception of celtic away which could be a massive game. Celtic's games definitely look harder.

Credit where it's due and I really hope you guys can see it through. Can't see it personally but it will be close. Mon the sheep, but no against the jags, although you'll probably win those games as well with more highly dubious refereeing decisions anyway! ;)

Very good post and sums up how I feel also. :ok:

Seriously disappointed at the lack of belligerence and the level of good humour and intelligence.

What the hell has happened to this place?

Seriously disappointed at the lack of belligerence and the level of good humour and intelligence.

What the hell has happened to this place?

Recently there have been less folk on here winding folk up.

As far as the Dons are concerned, the H uns don't care and the Tims are shitting themselves. Most other folk would probably be quite happy to see Aberdeen win the league but wont say so in public.

It's good to see some North East fans coming out of the woodwork.

I'd feel exactly the same if this were any of the other ten sides.

The best thing that could happen to Scottish football is a non OId Firm side winning the league.

I happen to be a dandy don.

But if Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd won the league I would be over the moon.

Beating you to the League on the final day of the season? You would be over the moon? Ye sure? :-))