Utd V Celtic - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Utd V Celtic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible at the back, but what's new? One of those ridiculous days in front of goal.

Seems a bit of a theme for Celtic. At Motherwell they were so wasteful in front of goal, but looked vulnerable at the back, and ended up hanging on to a 1-0 lead, when they should've been 6-0 up and cruising.

Is van Dijk really a class act? Or does Ambrose just make him look amazing?

Only seen the first half there and have to admit it was good to watch. Both sides were shaky at the back but could easily have been 3-3 at half time. Thought the baddies were the better side.

Well done to Utd, by the end of the first half they were defending like madmen, booting the ball in any direction to get rid of it.

Appropriately, is the pope catholic?

Appropriately, is the pope catholic?

If they are I hope they balance with remembering-

1. Motherwell denied blatant penalty at Parkhead

2, Aberdeen denied blatant penalty at Parkhead

3. Both goals at Pittodrie came after wrong calls from the referees.

They are at least 6 points better off as a result of those calls assuming converted penalties.

Staggering decision - several yards on, but honestly honest of course.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Are you hinting that, in some measure, the bad offside decision was made dishonestly?

If I was trying to dishonestly influence the outcome of a game, I would do it on marginal situations. Or situations that required "interpretation". Not on one as blatantly wrong as this.

Seems a bit of a theme for Celtic. At Motherwell they were so wasteful in front of goal, but looked vulnerable at the back, and ended up hanging on to a 1-0 lead, when they should've been 6-0 up and cruising.

Is van Dijk really a class act? Or does Ambrose just make him look amazing?

Nope.

He reminds me a fair bit of Boumsong & I suspect the result will be the same if he does down to the EPL. He's been dreadful in every European game I can think of.

I do wonder if he decides to give himself a free role or if Deila decides on that. Either way, I'd rather see him stick to what a central defender should be doing.

If we can get out of the festive period with the table as tight as it is at the moment, it'll be great. Looking at the fixtures i reckon Utd, Celtic and Aberdeen should all pick up 9 points.

Celtic will stroll 9 points....I'm pretty certain Aberdeen or United, or both, will trip up somewhere...

If we can get out of the festive period with the table as tight as it is at the moment, it'll be great. Looking at the fixtures i reckon Utd, Celtic and Aberdeen should all pick up 9 points.

I bet United don't. Our record over Christmas is always diabolical. Don't know why.