1St Snowfall Of The Season. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1St Snowfall Of The Season.

The sun was shining in kirkcaldy with the birds singing and the palm trees gently swaying in the wind.The water was lapping up onto miles of golden sand but now its dark we cant see it no more. :ok:

northernscum, about 10 years ago I was driving on the Black Isle and popped into a newsagent for some sweeties and outside was one of those boards showing newspaper headlines, it read; "Dancing sheep at Black Isle Show." I nearly ran people over to get to the show and it was £10 to get in. After I picked myself off the floor I reminded myself that dancing sheep were worth a tenner. I walked around and saw all sorts of ploughs, tractors, drunk farmers but not a keek of a dancing sheep. Not one single dancing sheep, jings there wasn't even any sheep. I know it's wrong but I've always held a grudge against the Black Isle since that disappointing time in my life. As a resident have you ever seen a dancing sheep or is that a board that's just stuck outside that shop when a Glaswegian goes in? :huh:

Oh aye and there's been a wee flurry of snow on the Cathkin Braes.

northernscum, about 10 years ago I was driving on the Black Isle and popped into a newsagent for some sweeties and outside was one of those boards showing newspaper headlines, it read; "Dancing sheep at Black Isle Show." I nearly ran people over to get to the show and it was £10 to get in. After I picked myself off the floor I reminded myself that dancing sheep were worth a tenner. I walked around and saw all sorts of ploughs, tractors, drunk farmers but not a keek of a dancing sheep. Not one single dancing sheep, jings there wasn't even any sheep. I know it's wrong but I've always held a grudge against the Black Isle since that disappointing time in my life. As a resident have you ever seen a dancing sheep or is that a board that's just stuck outside that shop when a Glaswegian goes in? :huh:

Oh aye and there's been a wee flurry of snow on the Cathkin Braes.

Every year G-Man! It is an Aussie/ New Zealander who does the same "show" from the back of a custom built stage on a wagon.

In fact, here he is.................enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMdsJz52-0

Edit to add the proper link!!

Edited by northernscum

Every year G-Man! It is an Aussie/ New Zealander who does the same "show" from the back of a custom built stage on a wagon.

In fact, here he is.................enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMdsJz52-0

Edit to add the proper link!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :worried: How did I miss it, I walked all round the place? :cry:

Okay i now accept the Black Isle may not be as bad a place as I've always claimed.

Some of the dancing sheep were good but there was 1 or 2 baaaaaaaaaddd dancers there aswell. :-))

No pulling the wool over your eyes!

:P

Aye slag the daftie, that tenner has haunted my dreams for 10 years. Shouldn't complain too much, if you need any info' on ploughs or combine harvesters I'm your wummin. :)

Mind get aff the train..

Certainly got my money's worth on that train fare!

It certainly hasn't been weather for the dogging the past few days.

Is it still dogging if it's men only? I've been amazed at the amount of cars I've passed up there in dreadful weather. It was even busy the night they reopened it after the murder many years ago. Edited by G-Man

Is it still dogging if it's men only? I've been amazed at the amount of cars I've passed up there in dreadful weather. It was even busy the night they reopened it after the murder many years ago.

I'm not an expert on the matter, so I'll need to pass on that question!

I regularly drive across the Braes at night and while I often see cars parked up I've yet to see any evidence of dogging activity.

Edited by Charlie Endell