Phil Neville - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watching this game live - was hoping for a decent game between two north-east of England teams - however its being spoiled by the grating voice that is Phil Neville.

He was fooking hopeless during the World Cup but the BBC are persisting with the most boring, bland useless fooking summariser ever. Doing my bloody head in. Why cant the producer see sense or does he have ear plugs in and cant hear the twat.

I have to stick up for my fellow Phil.... I don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be (although personally I only have the sound on the telly for the crowd atmosphere....anything that is said by the commentators goes in one ear and creates a white noise inside my cranium).

I often hope for the day when we can have the choice to mute the commentary and just have the noise of the crowd and the managers blinding and effing.

Also, can I add my own selection for pointless summarisers/commentators with annoying voices and/or opinions:

Mark Bright (camper than a row of Lawrensons)

Michael "special subject the bleedin' obvious" Owen

Garth "if I pretend to be urbane and intelligent I might get a job with the BBC" Crooks

Juliette Ferrington (if you wish to protect your new Bose speakers, turn them down before she has one of her orgasmic shrieks during a match report)

Mary Poppins (aka Alan Shearer)

Stan Collymore (uber annoying)

Jacqui Oatley (see Juilette Ferrington)

As you can see, I don't discriminate on who I think is pish.

I also find ian wright very irritating. The new jimmy hill ?

Wright's a weird one.

My cousin's (other) cousin works in television down south said that he's always found Ian Wright when he's off camera to be a really nice down to earth guy, that's always having a laugh and joke with everyone and happy to sign autographs or talk about football. However when Wright's on camera he just completely changes and adopts this arrogant, "what you talkin' about you fackin muppet" loud mouth persona.

Wright's a weird one.

My cousin's (other) cousin works in television down south said that he's always found Ian Wright when he's off camera to be a really nice down to earth guy, that's always having a laugh and joke with everyone and happy to sign autographs or talk about football. However when Wright's on camera he just completely changes and adopts this arrogant, "what you talkin' about you fackin muppet" loud mouth persona.

I have had the misfortune to drink in the same pub as him a couple of times. His loud, look at me, attention seeking twatery TV persona is the exact same as his off camera persona.

Wright's a weird one.

Comes across as thick as fk. Cannae suffer him.

Watching this game live - was hoping for a decent game between two north-east of England teams - however its being spoiled by the grating voice that is Phil Neville.

He was fooking hopeless during the World Cup but the BBC are persisting with the most boring, bland useless fooking summariser ever. Doing my bloody head in. Why cant the producer see sense or does he have ear plugs in and cant hear the twat.

Do you actually like anything or anyone?

Do you actually like anything or anyone?

I like Gordon Strachan , Alex Salmond, Jeff Stelling, Dan Walker who presents some of the BBC football is good. I like real ales , donner kebabs and a cheeky wee Chablis.

But c'mon Phil Neville is absolutely fooking rank at co-commentary.

Edited by irnbruman

Football pundits in general (especially Sky)

Jamie "Thick As Fck" Rednapp

Alan McInally

Paul Merson

Etc Etc Etc

Quite happy to listen to Matt Le Tiss & Souness though.

Agree with you there. Le Tissier and Sounness are ok.

Redknapp, McInally and Merson (who sounds like he's having an orgasm sometimes) are a trio of complete thickos who should be working in McDonalds together with Derek Johnstone, John Brown and Barry Ferguson. Also that flower pot Nicholas goes without saying (I'm told he's back on the Scotland bandwagon now that we're improving), and that glaikit looking "don't go Scotland" bunny rabbit Ian Rush.

Gary Neville, Danny Murphy, Niall Quinn, Dietmar Hamann, Gordon McQueen, Pat Nevin (in small doses) and Michael Stewart (something I thought I'd never say) are alright.

Of the BBC Scotland journalists Richard Gordon and Tom English are quite good. Cannae stand Jonathan Sutherland, if the latter isn't a massive Rangers fan I'll eat a plate of my own hair. From England, Henry Winter and Martin Samuel are a pair of pompous bastards who probably vote UKIP. Also that completely humourless guy with Stalin's moustache, Nick Collins, who's sole purpose is to report on the England team (even if their not playing for four months) for Sky should be retired.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Agree with you there. Le Tissier and Sounness are ok.

Redknapp, McInally and Merson (who sounds like he's having an orgasm sometimes) are a trio of complete thickos who should be working in McDonalds together with Derek Johnstone, John Brown and Barry Ferguson. Also that flower pot Nicholas goes without saying (I'm told he's back on the Scotland bandwagon now that we're improving), and that glaikit looking "don't go Scotland" bunny rabbit Ian Rush.

Gary Neville, Danny Murphy, Niall Quinn, Dietmar Hamann, Gordon McQueen, Pat Nevin (in small doses) and Michael Stewart (something I thought I'd never say) are alright.

Of the BBC Scotland journalists Richard Gordon and Tom English are quite good. Cannae stand Jonathan Sutherland, if the latter isn't a massive Rangers fan I'll eat a plate of my own hair. From England, Henry Winter and Martin Samuel are a pair of pompous bastards who probably vote UKIP. Also that completely humourless guy with Stalin's moustache, Nick Collins, who's sole purpose is to report on the England team (even if their not playing for four months) for Sky should be retired.

Agree 100% - mind don't hold back too much in future :lol: