Alloa And The The Rangers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alloa And The The Rangers

Full time apprentices is all the have I think. I know that they had two or 3 guys full time when Hartley was there but even at that they were expected to fullfill hours other than training. Darren or Derek Young (can't remember which) used to work on the desk at the Wasp Centre for example.

Aye, I think that's how a lot of the lower league teams work, they have players who are full time employees of the club, but work as community coaches or the like as opposed to training 5 days a week.

It really is crazy to think then that part time players, many of whom have finished a shift then headed to the ground have been the ones to score 3 goals in the last 20 minutes against full time professional athletes with some of the best training facilities in the country at their disposal.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Maq

Every Gers fan I know will be spewing at this result. And it's not because any of us think we are good.

If we had a similar budget to Alloa, or any of the teams in our division for that matter, then I would agree with you. We were played off the park tonight by part time lads, and it's certainly not the first time in the last 3 seasons. In fact it's not the first time in the last 3 weeks.

The arrogance that rips out of a lot of the Rangers team these days sickens me. I'm quite sure they will find a board member to blame for it in the coming days though.

It's actually not crazy mate, in fact it's quite in keeping with Ally's time in charge. I would have given anything to make it as a full or part time footballer, let alone playing for Rangers, a team I've supported since I can remember.

How many of the current squad can say that? Non of them look like the even want to be there.....compare and contrast with Alloa. As I said above completely over run at times tonight. There is simply no excuse for that!

Went to brush the weans' teeth when it was 2-0, came back in and it was 2 each!

Then I put them to bed came downstairs and it was 3-2 Alloa!

so you missed all the goals.... LOL, bloody weans.....

Why would you do that against a team you struggle against?

The reason for my suggestion to play fringe players was because I don't overly care about this tournament but I suspect nobody will believe me now...

Woeful first half, improved (just) 2nd half until the 70th minute, an amazing capitulation over 3 weird, if predictable, minutes, a push for a winner and then a dreadful 3rd goal to concede. Not particularly surprised any more and can't even say that I give a shit as much as I used to. Apathy has well and truly taken over from my perspective.

McCall is quite short odds to be next manager...

2/1 S McCall 6/1 B Laudrup 6/1 B Davies 7/1 T Butcher 10/1 D Adams 20/1 D Wise 33/1 D McInnes 3/1 S Clarke 33/1 S Pressley

My choice would be Billy Davies but, alas, I feel this is a moot debate because the board are too immersed in self-preservation to give a shite about who the manager is.

"D. Wise"... as in Dennis?!?!

"We now have another massive game against Cowdenbeath on Saturday... " - Ally McCoist

Of course, 9 points behind the leaders, so we need to pick up as many points as we can to gain some ground on Hearts.