Alloa And The The Rangers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alloa And The The Rangers

You have got to question the hunger and desire of ANY player willing to drop down the leagues to move to The Rangers.

How can you be motivated to win promotion to a league you've willingly taken yourself away from? It's no surprised that they are constantly struggling against teams with inferior players because, quite simply, those teams want it more and are working their arses to achieve what half the The Rangers players gave up for money.

I know last night was a league match but the same rules apply.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point does Mccoist walk away for the good of the club? It's probably past that stage for a lot of Rangers fans

That point is now, he's had enough money from the club and the fans, he has enough money in the bank and could go back to his media career. It 's a cliche but it would be the honourable thing to do.

You have got to question the hunger and desire of ANY player willing to drop down the leagues to move to The Rangers.

Its not hunger its all about who pays the most. I think most if not all on here would do the same.

Standard pish joke Lolz

sorry a bit early for me, will try to think of something better - try this to the tune of bonny bonny lassie -

I saw fat Ally

Poor tubby tubby Ally

He's as white as the snow up on the hill

His clubs got no money

and thats no fecking funny

Ally from old Bellshill

sorry a bit early for me, will try to think of something better - try this to the tune of bonny bonny lassie -

I saw fat Ally

Poor tubby tubby Ally

His clubs got no money

Ally from old Bellshill

Feck me you should be a poet that is amazing!

I saw fat Ally

Poor tubby tubby Ally

His clubs got no money

Ally from old Bellshill

I thought he was from East Kilbride.

That wouldnae rhyme though. But then “hill” and “Bellshill” dinna really rhyme either - bit like trying to rhyme Kodak and Kodak.....

I am only just starting out and trying to bring a bit of light humour to the bears this grey day - then along comes a professional like you !!!!!!!

Its not hunger its all about who pays the most. I think most if not all on here would do the same.

I get why the players make the move.

I don't get why The Rangers ever thought it would be a good strategy. Buying players with nothing to prove and an obvious lack of ambition was always going to result in underachievement.

I don't get why The Rangers ever thought it would be a good strategy. Buying players with nothing to prove and an obvious lack of ambition was always going to result in underachievement.

You're mistake is in assuming that anyone involved in decision making at Rangers over the last 3-4 years has had anything close to a strategy.

Not really. It worked very well for Gretna. Bought players out of the SPL, stuck them in Div 3, paid them over the odds, got them 3 straight promotions and a cup final when they were still in Division 2.

This says a hell of a lot about the current football situation at Ibrox :

It's not all about results. We were always going to have banana skins, and the odd turgid performance along the way and lets face it..... on paper results generally have been good...

However, that is on paper, and it absolutely masks the reality. These embarrassing slip ups could be forgiven to a large extent if there was a feeling of direction, planning and progress, but this is not there, even slightly..... There is a complete lack of preparation for the SPFL and lack of progress/philosophy/cohesion on the football front

3 seasons to prepare for getting back into the top league......and yet the team that started last night at Alloa had an average age of 28.5 and the team that finished had an average age of 29.9.

The youngest Rangers player on the park at the end was David Templeton who is 25.

Bell
Simonsen
Foster
McCulloch
McGregor
Moshni
Smith
Wallace
Zaluikas
Aird
Law
Black
MacLeod
Shiels
Templeton
Boyd
Clark
Daly
Miller

Under 25 (at the start of our first SPFL season....... if we make it)
Under 30
Over 30
Over 35

-----

(although they might all be over 30 by the time we're back........)

This is awful. Of the 18 players we've used significantly this season (and Cammy Bell), only 8 will still be under 30 next season! We are in absolutely awful shape to take to the SPFL, and Ally simply has to take a large percentage of the blame for this. You factor that into the performances, the unentertaining football, the lack of passion, and the embarrassing results, the huge relative budget compared to our opposition, salary, awful tactics, terrible set plays, etc, etc........ how has this been allowed to happen? Why have we all taken so long to address the elephant in the room that is McCoists inability?

This says a hell of a lot about the current football situation at Ibrox :

It's not all about results. We were always going to have banana skins, and the odd turgid performance along the way and lets face it..... on paper results generally have been good...

However, that is on paper, and it absolutely masks the reality. These embarrassing slip ups could be forgiven to a large extent if there was a feeling of direction, planning and progress, but this is not there, even slightly..... There is a complete lack of preparation for the SPFL and lack of progress/philosophy/cohesion on the football front

3 seasons to prepare for getting back into the top league......and yet the team that started last night at Alloa had an average age of 28.5 and the team that finished had an average age of 29.9.

The youngest Rangers player on the park at the end was David Templeton who is 25.

Bell

Simonsen

Foster

McCulloch

McGregor

Moshni

Smith

Wallace

Zaluikas

Aird

Law

Black

MacLeod

Shiels

Templeton

Boyd

Clark

Daly

Miller

Under 25 (at the start of our first SPFL season....... if we make it)

Under 30

Over 30

Over 35

-----

(although they might all be over 30 by the time we're back........)

This is awful. Of the 18 players we've used significantly this season (and Cammy Bell), only 8 will still be under 30 next season! We are in absolutely awful shape to take to the SPFL, and Ally simply has to take a large percentage of the blame for this. You factor that into the performances, the unentertaining football, the lack of passion, and the embarrassing results, the huge relative budget compared to our opposition, salary, awful tactics, terrible set plays, etc, etc........ how has this been allowed to happen? Why have we all taken so long to address the elephant in the room that is McCoists inability?

So your another not sending poor Ally a xmas card this year .