Snp Councillors Burning The Smith Report - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Councillors Burning The Smith Report

Sounds like Sturgeon finds it unacceptable and some have been suspended pending inquiry. Glad to see an effort to get on top of some of the idiots in the party. When indyref2 comes around, people must realise that it will be reasoned argument rather than setting fire to stuff that will win the day.

And Alexander, Murphy et all will be wanking themselves into a frenzy now. It's the only victories they are capable of making.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the press have an orgasm over this, WM will be shredding the child abuse dossiers as we speak "nothing to see here..."

faux ferkin outrage from the unionists over this smith commission pish

for the record I didn't give a hoot about the A.Salmond lewes bonfire nonsense either

Edited by Gaz

Douglas Alexander is EXACTLY the reason Im mighty pi**ed about this incident. Dougie was right onto Twitter last night and cornering Sturgeon in his own self-righteous, pompous way.

https://twitter.com/DAlexanderMP/status/539888937188478976?lang=en

Total and utter pr*ck. A cheap, easy hit that the likes of Dougie and Anas Sarwar, etc, revel in. Up there with Anas waving the fake Scotland Bill on TV in order to try and make them look great.

The biggest issue here is not the burning of a bit paper, it's the stupidity of not knowing exactly how the Unionists and media would take advantage. Now Sturgeon is having to firefight a problem when she should be focusing on nailing Osbourne's statement today.

They could have said they were surprised that Shite burns..........

The great thing about this is, the guy doing the burning had put his name forward to stand as the Westminster candidate , ... he wouldnae have won,

but he is a big hit for himself.... suspended and then deselected in 2015 methinx..............

It was a cold day. :ok:

See this pettiness from Scottish Labour, it's what's got them where they are today, people are turned off by whinging about the slightest thing.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-young-labour-chairman-dan-young-arrested-for-late-night-assault-on-his-girlfriend-9899712.html

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/ex-rotherham-mayor-barry-dodson-charged-with-indecent-assault-of-teenage-girl-1-6986163#.VH80_umFhJk.twitter

Edited by TartanJon

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Hmmm could it be the disproportionate attention of the mass media on three snp councillors for what amounts to a political stunt versus knocking out of your girlfriend or ing children, especially when one is ex mayor of Rotherham a known centre of mass child abuse by Asians against white kids.

I am sure you could have worked that out for yourself somehow.

Hmmm could it be the disproportionate attention of the mass media on three snp councillors for what amounts to a political stunt versus knocking out of your girlfriend or ing children, especially when one is ex mayor of Rotherham a known centre of mass child abuse by Asians against white kids.

I am sure you could have worked that out for yourself somehow.

I'm not very bright according to the TAMBometer, I know, but wouldn't Michael McCann have been a more relevant comparison. And yon bint that got a police warning at a polling station?

I think it is important that we get the message across that we are not happy with the contents of the Smith report. With the Pravdaesque manipulation of the media by the UK establishment, it is clear that that isn't being allowed to happen. Too many folk think that the people of Scotland will be happy to be fobbed off with the illusion of these "new powers" being given to the Scottish Government. This report is not going to give us new powers, but too many folk think it will. I have spoken to folk who believe that this report will give the Scottish Government an extra £12 billion to spend. This is what they are being fed by the UK propaganda machine. When faced with this level of media bias sometimes one of the few ways to get noticed is to stage a publicity stunt like burning things in public.

Well they certainly have got themselves noticed. Loads more folk are talking about the Smith report today than yesterday. Folk are asking things like "Why are these idiots burning the report, when the media are telling us that it is the best thing that has happened to Scotland since devolution". It gives us a chance to tell folk that the media are lying to us and that these changes will not benefit the people of Scotland in any way.

Stupid. Leaves Yes open to criticism at the next referendum. I spent five years as a councillor and your first thiughts have to be - how will this reflect on me and how will it reflect on the party. Now they also have to think - how will this reflect onthe Yes campaign.

My understanding is after Balloch Thistle was ejected from the SNP (due to the poofy shirt incident) he ran for his council seat as an independent and won thus displacing the SNP from the seat. (So it will not be Balloch.)

Now considering all the fury from Cumbie Neil and Balloch at Jim Fairlie being a turncoat etc for attacking the SNP in bitterness it is pretty ing bizarre that is exactly what they did. For the record I do not have a problem with either of them, respect to all, which is all I ever asked of them when it came to Jim.

The smith commission has offered Scotland derisory powers. burning copies of the smith report is all its fit for. What is stupid about burning it exactly? Its a form of protest. People burned their draft cards during the Vietnam war etc... Its a legitimate way to show your feelings. The media will always seek to portray pro Independence campaigners/ voters in a negative way no matter what. dont get angry at folk for carrying out a harmless protest, get annoyed at the Media and the Smith commission for continuing to piss on Scotland from a great height.

It was acceptable for some scum to be burning Saltire's on 19/09/14 so why not an insulting piece of paper.

As per previous comments it was as stupid thing to do, these idiots KNOW the media is desperately trawling constantly for ANYTHING regarding SNP/YES to overreact to.

As for McGovern, he should be dragged over the coals for that statement, we've been for too soft on these brass necked shitebags, should be careful but harder. No fkin about now.

It was acceptable for some scum to be burning Saltire's on 19/09/14 so why not an insulting piece of paper.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would call burning saltires acceptable. And it wasn't elected politicians who were doing it (AFAIK)...

Didn't see the No campaign rushing to condemn.

It's one thing after another with these lot, the unchallenged lies, threats and terrorism they piled on the public have been and are just unbelievable, the effrontery is absolutely astounding. They use the word "nationalists" & "fanatics" to insult their opposition whilst being the ones that express more obviously the traits of those they wish to insult. Scottish "british" nationalism is of the most fanatic, blinkered and rabid of any form of nationalism I've ever seen.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would call burning saltires acceptable. And it wasn't elected politicians who were doing it (AFAIK)...

To be fair though, I didn't hear any unionists denouncing it, or the burning of Alex Salmond in effigy. Yet turn it around and make it less outrageous and you can almost taste the faux disgust.

I think it is important that we get the message across that we are not happy with the contents of the Smith report. With the Pravdaesque manipulation of the media by the UK establishment, it is clear that that isn't being allowed to happen. Too many folk think that the people of Scotland will be happy to be fobbed off with the illusion of these "new powers" being given to the Scottish Government. This report is not going to give us new powers, but too many folk think it will. I have spoken to folk who believe that this report will give the Scottish Government an extra £12 billion to spend. This is what they are being fed by the UK propaganda machine. When faced with this level of media bias sometimes one of the few ways to get noticed is to stage a publicity stunt like burning things in public.

Well they certainly have got themselves noticed. Loads more folk are talking about the Smith report today than yesterday. Folk are asking things like "Why are these idiots burning the report, when the media are telling us that it is the best thing that has happened to Scotland since devolution". It gives us a chance to tell folk that the media are lying to us and that these changes will not benefit the people of Scotland in any way.

I can kind of see what you are saying. However a better symbolic point would have been a mock funeral for 'The Vow'.