Snp Councillors Burning The Smith Report - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Snp Councillors Burning The Smith Report

Idiotic behaviour IMO. Have they forgotten that we need about another 10% of Scots to come over and support our cause and acts of bawbaggery like this just make it harder. I already know some who came round to Yes who are tiring of the self-righteousness and fanaticism shown by some in SNP, and it's even getting on my thrupenny bits. How hard is it to be civil and put your energy into putting points across in a way that doesn't pi$$ others off and gives the unionist press and followers a simple opportunity to point out that Yes supporters are clearly mental.

I despair sometimes. The report has serious flaws. Spend time pointing out the flaws, don't burn it and record yourself doing it. Councillors as well. Idiotic.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hysterical self flagellation on here.

They are not burning works of literature, if you read the context of what they are saying the message is clear. If they had used a shredder instead would there be an uproar? No it would have been at worst a childish thing to do.

My complaint here is that these three are incredibly naive not to have seen the 'nationalists burning books' line getting trotted out by all the usual whankers. (To spin it like that is actually the outrage here but hey-ho just another day in the United Queendom.) How can they be SNP councillors and not see that coming? Worryingly naive.

People worried about how the media can manipulate this. Nobody was hurt during this gesture folks. The smith commission and the uk government treat us with contempt, more people should be burning this report instead of bothering what the unionist press or bawbags like Sarwar say about it.

It's pretty simple.

The press DO NOT want to listen to legitimate criticisms of the Smith Commission.

The press DO want to write about SNP/Yessers behaving like d*cks.

Voters ARE NOT impressed at all when SNP/Yessers behave like d*cks.

Voters ARE interested in listening to arguments that make them more sympathetic to the SNP/Yes.

If it really must be broken down for SNP/Yes folk, especially elected officials: don't be a dick.

Even I'm getting tired of the zealotry and arrogance of SNP/Yes folk on twitter who cannot bring themselves to be criticial of their own folk these days. Im pretty sure floating voters are even less impressed.

It's pretty simple.

The press DO NOT want to listen to legitimate criticisms of the Smith Commission.

The press DO want to write about SNP/Yessers behaving like d*cks.

Voters ARE NOT impressed at all when SNP/Yessers behave like d*cks.

Voters ARE interested in listening to arguments that make them more sympathetic to the SNP/Yes.

If it really must be broken down for SNP/Yes folk, especially elected officials: don't be a dick.

Even I'm getting tired of the zealotry and arrogance of SNP/Yes folk on twitter who cannot bring themselves to be criticial of their own folk these days. Im pretty sure floating voters are even less impressed.

Am I the only one that thinks Yessers is a stupid name?

The smith commission has offered Scotland derisory powers. burning copies of the smith report is all its fit for. What is stupid about burning it exactly? Its a form of protest. People burned their draft cards during the Vietnam war etc... Its a legitimate way to show your feelings. The media will always seek to portray pro Independence campaigners/ voters in a negative way no matter what. dont get angry at folk for carrying out a harmless protest, get annoyed at the Media and the Smith commission for continuing to piss on Scotland from a great height.

Sounds like Sturgeon finds it unacceptable and some have been suspended pending inquiry. Glad to see an effort to get on top of some of the idiots in the party. When indyref2 comes around, people must realise that it will be reasoned argument rather than setting fire to stuff that will win the day.