Gibraltar 2 Serbia 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar 2 Serbia 10

I'm not expecting a barrel load of goals from us against Gibraltar. While we score most games these days we're far from prolific and somewhat lack a cutting edge up front.

That said, it would be great to see Steven Fletcher bag at least a couple against Gibraltar - he could do with breaking his duck.

Poland put seven past them away from home. Ireland also put seven past them. I am expecting a very convincing win with lots of goals

Seconded, Iain :ok: I am fed up with all this "we don't score goals, i'll be happy with just a win" shite. We have a management team now who will set the team up not to underestimate Gibraltar, but to make sure we show our superiority all over the park and turn the screw right from the kick off.

The game Kumnio mentions above against the Faroes we were 5 up at half time if i remember correctly, but in the 2nd half we only added 1 more late goal, we should really have hit double figures that day with better stamina making the latter stages of games against part timers far more open.

I would expect at least half a dozen goals with whoever starts up front using it as a game to really make a name for themselves on the goals front!.

Seconded, Iain :ok: I am fed up with all this "we don't score goals, i'll be happy with just a win" shite.

Excuse me for being content with 3 points. It's not shite at all. I would love to get a 10-0 victory both legs but that's doubtful IMO so I'll be happy with the 3 points all the same from a 1 or 2 nil victory.

I don't think it's arrogant to expect a victory. Doesn't need to be 10 0 but we should be aiming for a clinical peformance and scoring a couple of goals at least

If ye have yere scoring boots even half on , ye will bag at least 5 against this lot

We put 7 past them , cud easily have scored 13 or 14 ......absolutely ridiculous having them go up against fully professional teams....no good for them or the nation that plays them

Watching the documentary about them on Sky they seem exceptionally weak in the goalkeeping dept.

The documentary was great. The manager came across as an absolute rocket, the best bit was when he had a training ground bust up with the assistant manager.

Both keepers they have used looked pretty weak.

They have created a couple of decent chances and the irish keeper had a great save as did Neuer

Couple of early goals would be nice