Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 fuking awful football teams.

Murder to watch.

Interesting. I'd say the football today was better than the Dundee game yesterday. Doesn't say much for the SPFL really.

If we can get promoted then I think we may even make top 6 without changing the squad.

Interesting. I'd say the football today was better than the Dundee game yesterday. Doesn't say much for the SPFL really.

If we can get promoted then I think we may even make top 6 without changing the squad.

Any excuse to say Rangers play poor football mate.

Absolutely shite football all round in front of a 2/3 empty stadium.

If Killie keep up this form they might well be playing lower league football together with The Rangers next season.

That'll be a thrill to watch.

Here's wee quiz for for you below are the attendances for the 5 all SPFL ties in Scottish Cup yesterday along with the top 5 attendances in the English League One, Two and Football Conference which is which?

I can never understand this fascination with comparing the English game with the Scottish game. Unless it's in your interest to prove how 'shîte' the game is here.

If you are happy with what's been on show today fill yer boots.

Killie look worse than the 2 teams I went to see yesterday, Berwick & Albion Rovers,

From what I've seen of Celtic they aren't any better. The general standard in Scotland is pretty poor. Rangers were ok today and as I've said looked better than Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee and St Johnstone on this weekend's showings.

From what I've seen of Celtic they aren't any better. The general standard in Scotland is pretty poor. Rangers were ok today and as I've said looked better than Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Dundee and St Johnstone on this weekend's showings.

Again, you're just lashing out because your team is shite.

The fact is, Rangers pay what could be considered SPFL league winning wages for little return in the way of trophies or quality. Their player budget...despite being broke....is probably as much as all the SPFL teams minus Celtic, put together.

Despite that, what you getting as a Rangers fan is under-achieving dross, and because of that you're judging everything else by your standards.

Aberdeen and Dundee United both have a realtively small player budget and both clubs haven't spent a penny (virtually) on buying players for years. Despite that, both of these teams have improved in the last few years and both teams have some excellent youngsters combined with other players who have improved by moving to Pittodrie/Tannadice.

Crowds at Pittodrie have grown because fans know that we have a decent team, and the quality we have on show is better than we've had at the club in many a year.

Just because Aberdeen didn't score the 4 or 5 goals we could have/should have yesterday doesn't mean that we played badly. We didn't, and the quality of both teams far exceeded what I saw at Ibrox today.

Your team is dross, we know that. But other clubs have improved while your new club crept into the 3rd division. You just don't want to admit that.

Professional performance from us and a good response to last weekend. Killie were surprisingly appalling and overall, it was a very pleasing victory indeed.

Rangers have now played 3 Premiership teams in cups this season, winning all 3 without conceding a goal, so if we're a poor side (which we are), then the standard of the SPFL Premiership must similarly be slipping. Hope that stat continues in the imminent League Cup semi final...

Police and stewards waded in to the Killie fans just after we got to 3-0 so what happened there?