Hearts Vs Rangers - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Law dive still amazes me, you'd think after something so blatant yous just be thankful not to get booked rather than having the cheek to go chase him for buying it

That's the first I've seen it. Embarrassing. It's almost as if he dives twice. Once to get him on his knees and then after a wee bit a of a slide the arms go flailing back just for a bit of artistic impression!

First impression when I seen the Law incident was a dive. On closer scrutiny it was a shocking attempt to cheat. I thought we lost the plot on a few occasions although I thought Smiths red was borderline . Miller was on the way to a red as well before getting subbed.

Our discipline was disgraceful all game.

And I really can't blame the ref for Smith. Borderline after seeing it in slow motion perhaps......in 'real' time it looked a red every day of the week.

Miller and Boyd about summed up their contributions since coming back with that display. There is about 7 or 8 of them would be chased out the door in January if it was up to me, those two included!

Nice piece here highlighting the age gap of Hearts v Rangers. Says a lot about the different direction/policy each cub have taken

b4564a1ad46058a1516e4fbac8a05efc.jpg

Read this stat on a Rangers site on Saturday after the game. Grim reading and you are 100% right, illustrates everything that is wrong with the way our club is being run.

Got to say well done to Hearts as well.

I find the age stats astonishing and good to see Rangers fans on here share that view. How much longer can they afford to hold on to super Ally, ior is it really the case that they just can't afford to get rid of him? If he was such a super pure Rangers man surely he should be stepping down and getting back to QoS, not the football team

I find the age stats astonishing and good to see Rangers fans on here share that view. How much longer can they afford to hold on to super Ally, ior is it really the case that they just can't afford to get rid of him? If he was such a super pure Rangers man surely he should be stepping down and getting back to QoS, not the football team

i thought the Rangers players would have got more grief off the fans than they have.

Lee Wallace looks a shadow of the player i remember at Tynecastle

i thought the Rangers players would have got more grief off the fans than they have.

Lee Wallace looks a shadow of the player i remember at Tynecastle

He's really dipped in form this season. I know he was playing at a much lower level the last 2 seasons but even taking that into consideration you could tell he was head and shoulders above everything else in our squad. Now though he looks as if he's finally been "McCoisted"!!

Read this stat on a Rangers site on Saturday after the game. Grim reading and you are 100% right, illustrates everything that is wrong with the way our club is being run.

Got to say well done to Hearts as well.

Imagine if you had taken this opportunity to create a whole new generation of talent learning their trade going up the leagues. Huge missed opportunity.

Just watched the highlights for the first time and a few thoughts.

Smith's was never a red card. It was a bit reckless but I'm not sure there was much contact if any and certainly not in the thigh area that the Hearts boy was holding. I agree with Daly's comments regarding that particular incident that the Hearts boy has been way over dramatic. That being said, Miller's should have been a red card and probably/possibly Boyd as well and Law's dive doesn't get any less embarrassing with the passing of time.

Cracking finish by Holt for the first goal. Reminds me of Durrant's vs Marseilles in the Velodrome many, many moons ago.

Although it's hard to tell from the 5 minute highlights on the BBC site I'm relatively encouraged by what I saw. It looks like we created some decent chances and only indiscipline and good defending stopped us getting a bit more out of the game. Maybe if we can find a way to channel the aggression and disappointment in the right way we might be able to kick on.

Imagine if you had taken this opportunity to create a whole new generation of talent learning their trade going up the leagues. Huge missed opportunity.

I'm like a broken record on this very subject mate.

Totally missed a trick and are now being royally found out.

Well I say found out there is a huge number of Fans, including me who were shouting about this sort of thing a decade ago.

We have a history (pipe down ya dicks) of throwing money at over the hill journeymen. McCoist's reign has been no different.

An utter shambles and we only have ourselves to blame!!!!

Just watched the highlights for the first time and a few thoughts.

Smith's was never a red card. It was a bit reckless but I'm not sure there was much contact if any and certainly not in the thigh area that the Hearts boy was holding. I agree with Daly's comments regarding that particular incident that the Hearts boy has been way over dramatic. That being said, Miller's should have been a red card and probably/possibly Boyd as well and Law's dive doesn't get any less embarrassing with the passing of time.

Cracking finish by Holt for the first goal. Reminds me of Durrant's vs Marseilles in the Velodrome many, many moons ago.

Although it's hard to tell from the 5 minute highlights on the BBC site I'm relatively encouraged by what I saw. It looks like we created some decent chances and only indiscipline and good defending stopped us getting a bit more out of the game. Maybe if we can find a way to channel the aggression and disappointment in the right way we might be able to kick on.

I sort of agree with you, in that the Smith challenge wasn't as bad as Miller's, but it was still a defo red card. As for the rangers chances, they practically all came from hoofs up the park, very little, if any, football was played by them.