Idiots In Our End Last Night - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Idiots In Our End Last Night

andyg83

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were sitting in the Jock Stein Upper, plenty of Irish around us, I never saw or heard anything dubious, apart from one Irish bloke saying a TA guy was too in his face just outside the toilets.

Sadly there will always be a handful of absolute bellends, Im guessing that a Friday night kick off, and a game against RoI would have contributed to some people being a bit more boisterous or even idiotic than normal.

Enjoyed the craic in Glasgow this weekend especially in Campus after the game. I got absolutely rat arsed and have been told at one stage I was in the middle of a dozen TA lads leading a rendition of Loch lomond and Caledonia haha.

I was sitting in the North Stand Upper tier. I followed the warnings not to wear colours and to be honest whilst the atmosphere was tense and hostile I did not hear any sectarian abuse or see any coin throwing. I didn't feel unsafe at any point...in fact I enjoyed the edge to the game. However a good friend of mine in the JS upper was hit with a coin and herself and her husband had to move.

A special shout out to a group of TA lads from Arbroath I met in Crystal Bell before the match. We were having a ball until the space cadet running the place called the cops due to all of us singing (three times she called and had TA lads ejected at certain points). Who would have thought a bit of loch lomond and olè olè olè etc would upset anyone.

Anyway apart from our shite performance it was a great weekend... we'll just have to take those 3 points back in June.

Edited by ColemanY2K

Some dick behind me in a fred perry zipper wouldnt even give me a wee high 5/hand shake type whatever when we scored, only now has it dawned on me he may have been a weegie irish fan. Everyone else was jumping about mental. Knob

It was nothing of the sort. Great atmosphere, great game, great result.

Loved every minute of the day. Each and every Irish fan i spoke to throughout the day was quality. Noticed absolutely no trouble before, during or after the game (although i am not dismissing any of the stories portrayed on here)

All in all it was a great result and one we can hopefully replicate next year in Dublin.

Taxi driver got stuck in traffic so ended up walking , through Bridgeton it so happened . Was with the mrs and there was a fair few TA but they seem to disappear as I reached Bridgeton. One brave punter standing at the entrance to a bar waited till we were 20 yards past before hurling the abuse the sad bunny rabbit that he is

He'll probably be standing in the same bar entrance shouting abuse (from a safe distance) at Scotland fans on Tuesday...

We were in the Jock Stein upper and I would say it was a fantastic atmosphere. One pocket of Irish fans who appeared to co-exist with their neighbours pretty well. The only hint of bother was a guy at the back taking exception to some overly exuberant anti- McGeady chanting. Personally I think the energy extended to this stuff would be better spent cheering on the team but each to their own. The minor fracas was sorted out amicably with handshakes all round.

Every Irish fan we met was sound as a pound...

We were in the row in front. The guy behind me had joked when he got to his seat that there was already 1 too many Irish in the home end (think it was a joke about the burd he was with).

Just before half time 2-3 pished Scotland fans about 5 seats from him kept singing the McGeady song long, long, after everybody else had stopped and you got the feeling there was probably an Old Firm connection to their chanting.

They guy behind me had obviously got fed up at this and shouted that they should give it a rest and concentrate on singing about Scotland (pretty sure he was a Celtic fan) but to be fair it was getting on everybody else's tits too.

This got them even more animated as they started directing the chant in his direction and a heated argument brewed for a bit but as was stated above, handshakes all round by half time.

I was more concerned about the farting noises made by a kilt wearer as he left the bogs after the match,,,sounded like he was marching to his own tune...the fanny-fart march. :wtf:

I told the lads round me to pipe down about mcgeady and I am no celtic fan.

Some took it too far tbh. Time to let it go.

I suspect that home games against England ni and roi bring out some folk that wouldn't otherwise be at our games.

Add much as I like the Irish I would rather play them away or not at all.

Friday wasn't a typical tartan army vibe. I found it far from menacing but not normal.

That said the celebrations were fairly epic when it went in.

He'll probably be standing in the same bar entrance shouting abuse (from a safe distance) at Scotland fans on Tuesday...

All the bars i walked past in Bridgeton on the way back after the game had the Proclaimers and other Scottish tunes playing.

We were sat in the South stand and a guy at the front of the section was completely mortal and was falling about everywhere. At half time he then spewed all over the place and his hands and was rubbing it all over his face, which was feckin bouffin! He then slept for the whole second half only briefly coming around when we scored. I don't get it, fair enough having swally before the football but to be in a state were you can't even take in the game, especially when you've forked out £40 odd quid, is mind boggling.

We were sat in the South stand and a guy at the front of the section was completely mortal and was falling about everywhere. At half time he then spewed all over the place and his hands and was rubbing it all over his face, which was feckin bouffin! He then slept for the whole second half only briefly coming around when we scored. I don't get it, fair enough having swally before the football but to be in a state were you can't even take in the game, especially when you've forked out £40 odd quid, is mind boggling.

Mental, got to wonder tho, how the fk he get in!?

Waste of a ticket and a seat soneone else could have had. There was someone sick at full time in the south stand rear, everyone else celebrating on the way out and him whiteying all over the ground. Stay Classy TA

It was nothing of the sort. Great atmosphere, great game, great result.

Well I have heard stuff from others not on here that suggest otherwise. It might have been great for some but it most certainly wasn't for others and the not great stuff being recalled is a lot worse than the not great stuff that always gets reported after a game.

There is absolutely no place for any sectarianism or violence - if I had encountered any of that anything else that might have been great would no longer have been so.

European population sub-structure

Some geneticists have suggested that Europe is relatively genetically homogeneous, but distinct sub-population patterns of various types of genetic markers have been found,[13] particularly along a southeast-northwest cline.[14] For example, Cavalli-Sforza’s principal component analyses revealed five major clinal patterns throughout Europe, and similar patterns have continued to be found in more recent studies.[15]

1. A cline of genes with highest frequencies in the Middle East, spreading to lowest levels northwest. Cavalli-Sforza originally described this as faithfully reflecting the spread of agriculture in Neolithic times. This has been the general tendency in interpretation of all genes with this pattern.
  2. A cline of genes with highest frequencies among Finnish and Saami in the extreme north east, and spreading to lowest frequencies in the south west.
  3. A cline of genes with highest frequencies in the area of the lower Don and Volga rivers in southern Russia, and spreading to lowest frequencies in Iberia, Southern Italy, Greece and the areas inhabited by Saami speakers in the extreme north of Scandinavia. Cavalli-Sforza associated this with the spread of Indo-European languages, which he links in turn to a "secondary expansion" after the spread of agriculture, associated with animal grazing.
  4. A cline of genes with highest frequencies in the Balkans and Southern Italy, spreading to lowest levels in Britain and the Basque country. Cavalli-Sforza associates this with "the Greek expansion, which reached its peak in historical times around 1000 and 500 BC but which certainly began earlier"
  5. A cline of genes with highest frequencies in the Basque country, and lower levels beyond the area of Iberia and Southern France. In perhaps the most well-known conclusion from Cavalli-Sforza this weakest of the 5 patterns was described as isolated remnants of the pre-Neolithic population of Europe, "who at least partially withstood the expansion of the cultivators". It corresponds roughly to the geographical spread of rhesus negative blood types. In particular, the conclusion that the Basques are a genetic isolate has become widely discussed, but also a controversial conclusion.

He also created a phylogenetic tree to analyse the internal relationships among Europeans. He found four major 'outliers'- Basques, Lapps, Finns and Icelanders; a result he attributed to their relative isolation (note: with the exception of the Icelanders, the rest of the groups speak non-Indo-European languages). Greeks and Yugoslavs represented a second group of less extreme outliers. The remaining populations clustered into several groups : "Celtic", "Germanic", "south-western Europeans", "Scandinavians" and "eastern Europeans".[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Europe

Edited by Flure

Well I have heard stuff from others not on here that suggest otherwise. It might have been great for some but it most certainly wasn't for others and the not great stuff being recalled is a lot worse than the not great stuff that always gets reported after a game.

There is absolutely no place for any sectarianism or violence - if I had encountered any of that anything else that might have been great would no longer have been so.

With all due respect you weren't at the game, Caller.

I was in Jock Stein Upper, my parents were in North Stand Upper and the only offensive thing we can report was a toxic fart someone dropped shortly after full time.

The atmosphere was brilliant on Friday. Any incidents of sectarian shouting or coin throwing would have been from a tiny minority who should be reported to the authorities and banned from football.

Mental, got to wonder tho, how the fk he get in!?

No mystery here at all to be honest, I was in the Lisbon Lions stand and entered thru turnstiles 32-39.

There was this big fair haired lad who was blottered and unfit to enter, swaying about, talking push and falling into everyone.

He pissed many off, but was invisible to the stewards as he drunkenly made his way on without even a sideways glance from them.

I have to say that the lack of Police at these gates and poor stewarding concerned me on Friday.

This was only increased when i saw just how much drink had got into the stand too, this was poor and sad to see it.

I've said on another thread was this the SFA employed stewards or the ones who regularly work at Celtic Park?

All this carry on with having to handle every ticket at entry instead of using the scanning machines delayed entry for thousands too and made me wonder if anyone knew what they were doing!

Edited by Argentina78