Celtic Park/sfa Pricing - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Park/sfa Pricing

deso1

Not just strangely numbered seats in rows (18,19...3?) but you can't read the Row letters walking down the stairs, you have to stop and look backwards. And after I went to retake my seat after an unsuccessful attempt to get something to eat before the second half kicked off, I got back to my Row from the other end where the letter was missing altogether. Just as well I know my alphabet. :D

Minor things, I know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, that doesn't help me make sense of it. Why would a section start in the middle of a block of seats? Seems a bit Irish to me.

Because if you come in from a particular set of stairs you will access the first half of the seats left and right of you.

Once you get half way along a row the next set of steps would be closer and become your access point and effectively your section. Celtic for some reason start from number 1 again for each individual section even if it's in the same stand.

I'm not denying its idiotic although I'm not convinced it's that difficult either :)

Edited by Angus_Young

Signage within the stadium didn't make sense either.

I followed the signs to my seat in 442 and ended up in 443.

I eventually moved to the correct seat but curiosity got the better of me and I checked the signage again at half time to see if I had made an arse of it.

Nope.

I didn't even have the excuse of being drunk.

I had the same problem at this years League cup final.I asked a steward if they could help but the answer was no i don't normally work here.

Agree it was a shambles, both getting in and getting out. Can someone explain to me when coming out of the Lisbon Lions stand why a wide road had two police vans parked sideways leaving a small gap that thousands of fans had to filter through? Seemed bizarre.

Arrived at the ground with my parents - they had tickets for the North Stand I was in Jock Stein Stand. My fols got to their seats in plenty of time for the anthems with zero queue. I missed the first five minutes due to a lengthy static queue.

Lighting around the outside of the Jock Stein stand was between poor and non-existent, turnstile queues went back to some containers so it was difficult to get passed without cutting through folk queuing up. There was also a big massive puddle/mini lake.

Hampden isn't perfect but its way better than Celtic Park!

Not sure of the area round CP, but it appeared we came out the JS stand & had to walk all the way round stadium to get back on to London Rd. Hoping to avoid this on Tuesday as it makes you pass the away end.

If you came out the JS and went round the whole stadium, including passing the away end, you must've turned right when you came out.

Turning left is the way to go.

If you came out the JS and went round the whole stadium, including passing the away end, you must've turned right when you came out.

Turning left is the way to go.

Think we did turn left...ended up walking past front of main stand & down to London Rd, sure we went up & round the back of North stand going to game. :blink:

Shall pay better attention on Tuesday.

Think we did turn left...ended up walking past front of main stand & down to London Rd, sure we went up & round the back of North stand going to game. :blink:

Shall pay better attention on Tuesday.

Parkhead can be a wee bit disorientating (so can booze right enough) in the dark, as it sits at an angle to the main road. But it sounds like you were totally lost. A compass might be your best bet next time. :lol:

I am assuming you are talking about London Road from the city centre before the game and then back into town after the game? If that's the case then you didn't need to be anywhere near either the main stand or the north stand. If you were using London Road to head away out of town after the game then your confusion makes a bit more sense.

I cant wait till we get back to hampden for games as celtic park on scotland nights is shambolic so i hope celtic fans when they go to see their tea, play there dont get as much hassle as us.As for the sfa they are shambolic full stop and really dont live in the real world.

Parkhead can be a wee bit disorientating (so can booze right enough) in the dark, as it sits at an angle to the main road. But it sounds like you were totally lost. A compass might be your best bet next time. :lol:

I am assuming you are talking about London Road from the city centre before the game and then back into town after the game? If that's the case then you didn't need to be anywhere near either the main stand or the north stand. If you were using London Road to head away out of town after the game then your confusion makes a bit more sense.

We were (and again on Tuesday) heading back to the Premier Inn at J2A.

i thought it was fine, bus left the pub at 6.45pm, parked up at 7pm into the car park which was close

Got into the ground no problem at all, even time for a burger outside beforehand.

Got away on the motorway quickly afterwards and back up the road.

After the hassle with the Faroes game i was surprised people were taking chances arriving close to kick off

i really saw no fuss... left Alexandria about 5:45 - parked up some side street up London road from J2A and was and the ground before 7... stood watching the mayhem helped a few guys towards their turnstyles - i had found mine before people watching, went in about 7:15 no queues for LL lower...

The pubs etc and Celtic social club was rammed as i walked past - people walking AWAY from Celtic park to go to these places that late..

I'm not saying CP are blameless - only sharin my experience - after game had to navigate some housing scheme as was not allowed back onto london road directly which was a pain in the arse and over the top - but was back in striling about 10:30...

We were (and again on Tuesday) heading back to the Premier Inn at J2A.

Ah, right, that makes sense then. Coming from that direction you will be approaching the Lisbon Lions stand first. The Jock Stein stand is the opposite end so you have to go past either the North stand or the main stand to get there. You can go either way, but probably less congestion going round in front of the main stand.