Fighting In The Ground - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fighting In The Ground

Slide tackle

There seemed to be the odd scuffles breaking out all over the place. Guy behind me had blood streaming from his face, just at the start of the game.

Friday night, too much drink and a relatively unsegregated crowd, not a great recipe. But tbh the game passed trouble free in the main, most of the Irish near us were brand new.

I suspect that many Irish fans have no idea at all what 'real' football is.

For them, their idea of football is switching from Sky 2 to Sky 5.

It must have come to a real shock tonight to discover that there's actually an atmosphere out there.

Was in south rear and could see some of the fight in the corner - boy in a kilt getting an absoute pounding, two boys laying into him. Didnt appear to see any of his mates if there were any jumping in for him. Then tonnes of police/stewards everywhere

Edited by JECK

Only trouble we saw was fae the 2 scottish guys who thought it'd be smart tae wear they're celtic tops an support Ireland. They wer arguing wi everybody roon em. A thought the big man wi the ginger beard wis gonna throttle em. But fair play to the stewards an polis for reacting super fast, they huckled them and ejected em swiftly and quietly. But what a good atmosphere we created.

Got pretty heated next to us due to Irish lads getting all precious about the a use directed to McGeady. 3 or 4 of them left in the huff at the end but apart from that it was handshakes all round

Was a charged atmosphere. Those thinking it was going to be all pals together are being a bit naive IMO.

The Irish lads I met were spot on though. Looking forward to the return fixture. Their fans were really good I thought.

Parkheid is still a shit tip though :)

Severe police overkill on London Road after game with metal riot fence.

Was like Belfast during July. Thankfully they realised they had made a bunny rabbit of it.

I'd imagine the security is more to do with the Tuesday game than the Ireland game?? Although the Wembley encounter was peaceful ..if you remember the pubs were all like fortresses in the build up.

Was in south rear and could see some of the fight in the corner - boy in a kilt getting an absoute pounding, two boys laying into him. Didnt appear to see any of his mates if there were any jumping in for him. Then tonnes of police/stewards everywhere

Aye, I wasn't too far away and that's what I saw. Must have been brewing for a few minutes because a few folk in our row were looking in that direction for a while before the yellow jackets waded in.

Irish guys in the south rear were fine, winding us up with an Widen Mcgeady chant but the Scotland fans response was just to add "he is a flower pot" on the end and seemed to get a good laugh from both sets.

Same with us. The two Irish next to me just smiled at the McGeady abuse. All the Irish I met were great; maybe because they all had Irish accents.