Match Thread - Ireland - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Ireland

Clyde1998

I thought the effort and first to the ball was tremendous couldnt faulr any of our players. Excellent performance as a team. Couldnt give a flying fvck bout england game unless we beat them. Good position in group. Heres tae next year. What a great manager strachan is for us

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Mulgrew's best performance this year by a mile.

But Shaun MMaloney was sensational all night long, even before the game. Who knows the heights he'd have reached had it not been for all those injuries. Love the wee man!

So what is it that WGS and his team have done to get more out of SM?

In terms of goals and assists, he's been the only game over the last year or more.

I have to say that I'm quite surprised how many goals Maloney is scoring at the moment for us - especially considering he only scored six for Wigan last season.

He becomes the first Scotland player to score three in a qualifying campaign since Euro 2008 - Boyd (4), McFadden (4), Miller (3).

I have to say that I'm quite surprised how many goals Maloney is scoring at the moment for us - especially considering he only scored six for Wigan last season.

He becomes the first Scotland player to score three in a qualifying campaign since Euro 2008 - Boyd (4), McFadden (4), Miller (3).

Thanks for that - the second half of the campaign has still to come, so..........

So what is it that WGS and his team have done to get more out of SM?

In terms of goals and assists, he's been the only game over the last year or more.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Maloney won player of the year in Scotland and was at his most consistent when Strachan was Celtic manager. Maloney needs the one to ones and motivation from his manager. And Strachan knows exactly how to get the best out of him.

Strachan was born to be Scotland manager

theres always wan tae bring the tone oh thread doon berti vogts :-))

I was just agreeing with someone else :-) I never said he had a bad game. Just a lower level to the players who, rightfully, started before him.

Calling him a Berti Vogts player is a bit harsh. Vogts would have started him ;-)

To be honest, I don't think there was a single bad performance out there. How often can we say that?!