Will Craigie Finally Be Back In The No1 Jersey? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Craigie Finally Be Back In The No1 Jersey?

Bzzzz

IMO McGregor has better reactions than Marshall.

McGregor has better distribution than Marshall.

Marshall is better on crosses than McGregor.

Marshall is taller than McGregor; the save Marshall pulled off against Lewandowski - I'm not sure McGregor would have stopped that.

Gordon has the reactions and distribution of McGregor, is taller than Marshall, and is just as good on crosses as Marshall.

Alan Rough????????

sorry just enjoying our keeper thread and roughies face butted in and brought me back down

again , what a fkkin nightmare of a keeper !

As bad as sullivan. Marshall will probably keep the jersey. It would be bad man management if he didn't. Unless hes had a complete nightmare in training. Edited by daddybuc16

Alan Rough????????

sorry just enjoying our keeper thread and roughies face butted in and brought me back down

again , what a fkkin nightmare of a keeper !

Leave roughie alone lol thought he was a great keeper even wanted my hair like his but my mummy wouldn't let me ( I was only 7 at the time ).... My first real memory was rough etc Argentina '78 so always have fond memories of him and the rest of that squad..... But what a great problem to have 3 top class keepers to choose from Edited by blackcountry jock

Gordon is the best keeper I've seen in a Scotland shirt.

Maybe others were better for their clubs but Gordon is like Faddy, a Scotland legend

Would be great to see him start against England and a highlight of the game

I think the England game will give Strachan an excuse to drop Marshall for the following qualifiers.

Marshall has done nothing to deserve losing the jersey, but a stand out performance against England and continued success at Celtic, I can see Gordon being in goals for the following Ireland game.

Gordon is one of those keepers that can be the difference between a loss and a draw. Just look at Celtic in Europe this season

Agree with PIAK. A lot of people are confusing Goram's amazing displays for Rangers than Gordon's for Scotland.

Depends how you word the question.

Who was the best keeper? Goram.

Who was the best for Scotland? Gordon.

Who should play tonight? Marshall.

Marshall didn't have too much to do during the game but made a smart stop from McGeady when he needed to. A big thing for me though was that 3 or 4 times when the Irish put dangerous crosses into the box Marshall came and collected with authority. Really took the pressure off the defence.

Only slight criticism is that his kicking / distribution could have been better on the night.

No 1 jersey definitely his for the foreseeable future.

Marshall didn't have too much to do during the game but made a smart stop from McGeady when he needed to. A big thing for me though was that 3 or 4 times when the Irish put dangerous crosses into the box Marshall came and collected with authority. Really took the pressure off the defence.

Only slight criticism is that his kicking / distribution could have been better on the night.

No 1 jersey definitely his for the foreseeable future.

I really like Marshall, fantastic keeper. But I have to disagree with you. Yes, he came out for the ball a few times. but there were 2 or 3 corners and whipped balls in that he should have came for.

That is something that Gordon does very well.

But that's just nit picking. If Marshall is our no.1 for the whole campaign, I'll be happy. But Gordon may sneak his way back in

:ok:

He had his, er, dodgy moments, but v Sweden at Ibrox is easily the best display I've seen by a Scotland 'keeper.

Best goalkeeping display, ever, anywhere, that I have had the privilege to witness.

Strachan said he would rest key players after last nights efforts, Gordon may well get 45 minutes.