Will Craigie Finally Be Back In The No1 Jersey? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Craigie Finally Be Back In The No1 Jersey?

Bzzzz

Think he's a reasonable chance of starting tomorrow... I for one might shed a wee tear of joy seeing the big man back where he belongs!

We've great options in goal now with McNoVoter and Marshall but I'd welcome the sight of "GK - Craig Gordon" again.. minds me of the 08 campaign, always felt just that little bit more confident when Craigie was in goal.

Fingers crossed :) either way, we've little to worry about in that position!

Read an interview with Andy Goram, he was saying Scotland now have three of the best keepers ever. Whilst Gordon at his best could stand up in the company of Goram and Leighton I don't thing McGregor and Marshall could. Those two haven't done anything wrong but I hope to see Gordon back soon.

Suspect Gordon has more chance of playing against England than Ireland.

Agree though, in my life time can not recall a time were it was so hard to pick from 3 top keepers.... Was always Goram and Leighton + one iffy keeper (Gunn, Marshall, Smith, Walker etc.... All good keepers, but not in Leighton or Gorams league)..... Then was Sullivan (+ nobody) and then scraping the bottom of the barrel with Douglas before Gordon came along.

Edited by wanderer

Are people forgetting the glory days days of Gould, Douglas and Gallacher?

Gallacher really should have been our first choice keeper under Vogts.... Remember the Record getting stuck into Douglas about his habit of closing his eyes going into saves and covered a entire back pages with photos from various matches....

Gallacher really should have been our first choice keeper under Vogts.... Remember the Record getting stuck into Douglas about his habit of closing his eyes going into saves and covered a entire back pages with photos from various matches....

Aye, Gallacher should definitely have been our No. 1 for a couple of years when Vogts was in charge.

I think Douglas' major weakness was his concentration which was poor. He seemed to "switch off" far too often during matches.

The irony of course, with them being Old Firm sycophants, is that the Daily Record would have been on Douglas' side if Vogts had actually replaced him with Gallacher. <_<

Have to say I think Gordon is the worst of a very very good 3, Marshall and McGregor slightly better at this point but I love Gordon to bits, great bloke and never thought I'd see him back in the squad after his problems. Would be happy seeing any of them in! :)

Have to disagree mate, some of his performances in Europe this season show him almost back to his best, which imo, is still better than McGregor at the moment probably on par with Marshall.

Edited by tartansmarf

No room for sentiment. Marshall was out stand ng in Warsaw so I think he should start at Celtic park.

England game for Craig Gordon ? But not tomorrow for me.

Aye, this not the game for tinkering around with such a crucial position. Marshall deserves to keep his place against Ireland.

Against England, give Marshall and Gordon a half each.

I don't think Gordon knows just how great a reception he'll get from the TA on his return. :)

Shouldn't be any changes to the keeper for either game.

I rate McGregor higher than him but Marshall has earned the jersey and friendly or not, deserves to walk out against England on Tuesday

The game might not matter to a few folk on here but as a player it will be something special. Marshall deserves that moment IMO.

Edited by Angus_Young

Must be a lot of young fowk about, Craigie in his prime... I've seen none better.

I rate McGregor higher than Marshall I meant.

Not a chance Gordon was/is a better 'keeper than Goram for me, although admittedly it's a nice argument to be having :ok:

Gordon is most definitely knocking on the door though, his performances this season have been very good.

I rate McGregor higher than Marshall I meant.

Not a chance Gordon was/is a better 'keeper than Goram for me, although admittedly it's a nice argument to be having :ok:

Gordon is most definitely knocking on the door though, his performances this season have been very good.

Bit of an unfair comparison seeing as there is only one Craig Gordon.

All daftness aside, CG is/was a far superior keeper. I've no doubt about that.

Bit of an unfair comparison seeing as there is only one Craig Gordon.

All daftness aside, CG is/was a far superior keeper. I've no doubt about that.

All about opinions mate. Can't agree but like I say, it's a good argument to be having.

Makes a change from arguing about who is the worst :-))