Is Scotland A Good Away Trip - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Scotland A Good Away Trip

Slide tackle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I would imagine there is a messageboard out there with topics such as:

Glasgow murder capital of western Europe so don't stay out after dark.

Not played in the capital (perhaps seeing many nations move around) so not much to see.

They think they're the best fans in the world, but what they done for 20 y.

Avoid the food, deep fried or something called the munchy box.

The local brew is called Tennant, sold in about half litre and quarters.

What currency should I take, I hear they've their own notes.

What stop on the tube do I get, oh it doesn't go there.

They've programmes and team sheets.

No booze in the stadium, what?

Don't think about getting together in the main square for a March, I saw these running battles in mid September.

There's a juniors game at clydebank before the match, who's going?

Who's running a bus from Newcastle (just over the border)? Any Catholic/protestant fans avoid xxx part of town.

Day trip to Craigellachie, who wants in?

Where do you think I can pick up a third lanark away shirt?

It's seldom very good for home fans...difficult to know what opposing fans think.not exactly much to see from a cultural sense in Glasgow compared to Edinburgh.imagine they would regard it much as we did dortmund.

Interesting. I would imagine there is a messageboard out there with topics such as:

Not played in the capital (perhaps seeing many nations move around) so not much to see.

Don't think about getting together in the main square for a March, I saw these running battles in mid September.

Who's running a bus from Newcastle (just over the border)? Any Catholic/protestant fans avoid xxx part of town.

:-))

Should I wear my lederhosen or not? Which shoes??

:-)) very good

As someone who has lived in London 24 years every game is an away game. I still love coming home and Glasgow is a great city.

I met a couple of croatian girls in Zagreb for the away game and invited them over when we played croatia at home. They thought Glasgow was fantastic and had a great time in the Iron Horse pre match and a pub crawl after. They both said that the Scottish welcome was overwhelming.

I think if you fell in with the Tartan Army in advance of your trip it would be good as you’d be welcomed into The Iron Horse, The Shed, Campus and so on.

However, you’re unlikely to stumble upon any of those by accident – if you just pitched up in Glasgow and tried to go for a pre-match swally, dinner and then tried to negotiate getting to Hampden on public transport it would be difficult.

Pre-match around Hampden is difficult for the first-time visitor – no obvious boozers or fan zones nearby.

And post match would confuse you as our licensing laws are draconian and lack any common sense. I’ve never been screamed at “FINISH YOUR DRINKS AND MOVE OUTSIDE PLEASE!” by a bouncer in a pub on any away trip I’ve been on.

Wouldn't even put Glasgow in the same ball park as Edinburgh for tourist.I never said Glasgow never had any culture but compared to Edinburgh it is positively Milton Keynes.