Philip Bardsley - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Philip Bardsley

Robroysboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Fletcher would also be eligible via the grandparents and the 5 years at school rule...

Indeed. He's being deliberately obtuse in order to attempt to confuse the issue. The common tactic of the glory hunters.

He's 'our' player because he couldnae get a game for his own country.

Even if you had someone who was exactly 50/50 Scots/English, someone genuinely with a foot in each camp most of them would likely choose england due to the higher chance of tournament football and ultimately higher monetary rewards.

Imagine a truly world class Scot emerging (hard I know) who was a reverse Bardsley situation and England came a knocking... given the potential money at stake would he be tempted?

Even if you had someone who was exactly 50/50 Scots/English, someone genuinely with a foot in each camp most of them would likely choose england due to the higher chance of tournament football and ultimately higher monetary rewards.

Imagine a truly world class Scot emerging (hard I know) who was a reverse Bardsley situation and England came a knocking... given the potential money at stake would he be tempted?

What a lot of complete and utter mince.

Edited by Bzzzz

Is this embarassing conversation going to come up everytime this happens?

Really tedious and tiresome. Go watch Morrisons reaction to scoring against England and get back to me.

Fannies on here.

Baws. It's the Scotland NATIONAL side if you hadn't noticed. England have their own version, for their own players. It is ENTIRELY understandable for us to expect our NATIONAL side not to have players in it who would rather be playing for England.

What a lot of complete and utter mince.

I offer you a job.

If you say you are Scottish and accept you get 500k per year for 10 years.

If you say you are English (under the born there rule) and accept you get 5 million a year for 10 years.

Same job no matter which choice you make.

Just a hypothetical question... but in the cold light of day what would be your answer?

Honestly.

Edited by thplinth

I offer you a job.

If you say you are English (under the born there rule) and accept you get 5 million a year for 10 years.

Just a hypothetical question... but in the cold light of day what would be your answer?

Honestly.

Scotland.

I offer you a job.

Honestly.

That's an awful comparison.

Anybody in their right mind would say English to that.

Is this embarassing conversation going to come up everytime this happens?

Really tedious and tiresome. Go watch Morrisons reaction to scoring against England and get back to me.

Fannies on here.

You've been shown up using that pish "argument" before. :lol:

That's an awful comparison.

Anybody in their right mind would say English to that.

Would they?

At my age I could live the rest of my life off 500K, never mind getting it for ten years in succession. Getting five million would only mean I had more fancy cars in the garage. And you can only drive one at a time.

Besides which, players make most of their living from their club contracts, not international appearances.

If I had the choice I'd rather play IN England, but no amount of money would make me give up my Scottish nationality.

Baws. It's the Scotland NATIONAL side if you hadn't noticed. England have their own version, for their own players. It is ENTIRELY understandable for us to expect our NATIONAL side not to have players in it who would rather be playing for England.

Have fun greeting about it then I'll be happy to see Bardsley/Morrison and Martin give 110 percent for us. We have guys like McGeady and McCarthy turning their backs on us and when these guys turn up and play brilliantly (Morrison and Martin have recently) we would rather slate them and moan about it instead of backing the team. They are in because they have Scottish roots/blood. Good enough for me.