Tonev The Racist - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All part of the circling of the wagons by Celtic.

Scream innocence and 'no proof', then start to blame the party who was actually wronged.

The persecution complex kicks in automatically.

If they genuinely believe the player to be innocent, isn't that to be expected? Granted it's the old 'boy that cried wolf' when it comes to Celtic.

The part I'm struggling with (as you alluded to earlier in the thread) is that not only have Logan and Aberdeen taken this all the way, but the panel have found Tonev guilty, which says to me there must have been something concrete in terms of evidence. Racism is a taboo subject anyway and I would imagine the authorities would be very reluctant to ban someone if there was any grey areas.

Which begs the question, why have Celtic appealed? ANOTHER story I heard today (sorry I know it's more hear say) is that it's Tonev himself who has insisted on the appeal and as such Celtic have no choice but to back him as it is his right.

Racism isn't a taboo subject at all.

Without access to the information and evidence , which doesn't exist atm in the public sector(AFAIK) everything is speculation. The vast majority of folk would not make something like this up, and then go as far as to escalate it at the time. However for years i saw Armstrong say since he had cancer he would never do anything like taking drugs to risk his life etc.

However such folk are few and far between (fortunately) so on the balance of probabilities it seems unlikely to be made up, due to the immediate action and follow up by asking his captain to take it further.

The weird thing is since saying something racist is also an actual criminal offence it seems weird that the weight of evidence is significantly different. Weird how just because you do it's during a game you get a punishment that doesn't fit the crime criminally.

Racism isn't a taboo subject at all.

Without access to the information and evidence , which doesn't exist atm in the public sector(AFAIK) everything is speculation. The vast majority of folk would not make something like this up, and then go as far as to escalate it at the time. However for years i saw Armstrong say since he had cancer he would never do anything like taking drugs to risk his life etc.

However such folk are few and far between (fortunately) so on the balance of probabilities it seems unlikely to be made up, due to the immediate action and follow up by asking his captain to take it further.

The weird thing is since saying something racist is also an actual criminal offence it seems weird that the weight of evidence is significantly different. Weird how just because you do it's during a game you get a punishment that doesn't fit the crime criminally.

It's not a taboo subject to me or you mate. What I mean is football authorities are unlikely to have found Tonev guilty and thus branding him a racist unless they were absolutely sure he was guilty. Of course IF that is the case, why would Celtic appeal, that's what's baffling me?

Spot on with your last paragraph btw.

It's not a taboo subject to me or you mate. What I mean is football authorities are unlikely to have found Tonev guilty and thus branding him a racist unless they were absolutely sure he was guilty. Of course IF that is the case, why would Celtic appeal, that's what's baffling me?

Because they have nothing to lose. Because the SFA have a history of erratic decisions. Because they want to appease the fans. Because it's a conspiracy.

Take your pick...

I suspect ,as someone mentioned earlier, perhaps the player has initiated the appeal. Celtic are bound to support him or something.

A wee bit transparency would go a long way.

I suspect ,as someone mentioned earlier, perhaps the player has initiated the appeal. Celtic are bound to support him or something.

A wee bit transparency would go a long way.

It was actually me that said that. How true it is I don't know but seems the most likely explanation.

Suppose we will need to wait until it comes out in the wash

I was watching some new US drama the other night - "How To Get AWay With murder". The defence lawyer lead character was teaching her college class and one of the things they learned was "discredit the witness"

I see that's started.

It's funny that people have no idea what was said at the hearing but are claiming Logan has changed his story or whatever, eh?

Using fictionalized College lectures in American Dramas might not be the best lens through which to view Scottish FA "soccer" disciplinary meetings.

Incidentally discrediting the witness happens in court via cross-examination and not from people outside the court posting hearsay on a message board.

I mind the time i failed a class cause i just copied the stuff from the blackboard on good will hunting and also a beautiful mind, turned out it was there to advance a plot as opposed to being an educational tool, who would have thought that?

Edited by phart

Anyone spot the irony on here of individuals on her calling Tonev a racist then suggesting 'sending 'im back where 'ee came from'...............

Just saying like :D

It's Birmingham they want to send him to, not Coventry ;)

:worried: I'm astounded that someone could be so thick as to put those thoughts into words and publicly display them.

Then again, maybe not :banghead:

Just tried looking up Thoirs' Facebook page and it's been wiped clean. Fud.

Has deleted his Twitter too.