New SNP leader - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

She should have abstained.

Aye, you are right, she should have. I forgot about that option! I am sleep deprived after a night clinging onto the end of the bed with a cockapoo sprawled out like a starfish. 

Still not seen your fridge ..

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Do you know him ?

I have seen that guy on zoom meetings , one was an SNP independence meeting , the others i think maybe BIS meetings. It wont surprise you to hear he is quite outspoken 🙂

Never heard of him in ma puff.

Could cause a major upset from left field like the Dekebone Roundabout guy....

It might be what the "party" needs and the last thing that "the party" wants - if that makes sense 

It should make the debates more interesting when one of the candidates isn't constrained by Holyrood and without a doubt put the SNP strategy, or lack of, questioned

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It might be what the "party" needs and the last thing that "the party" wants - if that makes sense 

It should make the debates more interesting when one of the candidates isn't constrained by Holyrood and without a doubt put the SNP strategy, or lack of, questioned

There shouldn't be any debates. Both candidates should inform voters (ie SNP members) of their vision for the future and then just get the vote done. These TV debates do nothing more than allow the biased presenters to stick the knife into the SNP. This vote is for SNP members only. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

There shouldn't be any debates. Both candidates should inform voters (ie SNP members) of their vision for the future and then just get the vote done. These TV debates do nothing more than allow the biased presenters to stick the knife into the SNP. This vote is for SNP members only. 

They should stream them online and refuse any TV broadcasts of them - or maybe even stream just to members

After a talk with John Swinney, Graeme is no longer going to stand ...

This is before Graeme decided not to stand

More info on Honest John from the past

57 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is before Graeme decided not to stand

More info on Honest John from the past

Ally, i watched about a minute (from 9 mins onwards), which was enough to hear Quinan denigrating Swinney.

What's their deal?

Surely you'd agree that the SNP needs to be united? Can't we get behind Swinney and Forbes, instead of these Youtube grifters?

What are we thinking about McCormack then

Has he been bribed, warned off, promised a a highly paid lucrative position, did he just fancy the attention for a few days or was it something more sinister in the way of fears of a chap at the door one night?

Whatever it is it’s been a stitch up from the get go

26 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Has he been bribed, warned off, promised a a highly paid lucrative position, did he just fancy the attention for a few days or was it something more sinister in the way of fears of a chap at the door one night?

I would have as much chance of becoming FM than that guy. I would welcome any realistic candidate but IMO this is nothing more than a rush of blood to the head,  then being told to calm doon. 

From what I have seen of him he passionate but also strongly opinionated , too opinionated ,  if Forbes is in a pole position in this government I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being . I don’t blame the guy for trying to make a point, but at this time McCormack would not be a positive move . IMO. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I would have as much chance of becoming FM than that guy. I would welcome any realistic candidate but IMO this is nothing more than a rush of blood to the head,  then being told to calm doon. 

From what I have seen of him he passionate but also strongly opinionated , too opinionated ,  if Forbes is in a pole position in this government I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being . I don’t blame the guy for trying to make a point, but at this time McCormack would not be a positive move . IMO. 

Put the leadership gig to party members then call an election. In the interests of the people of Scotland we demand a people’s vote

A leadership, general and Scottish election campaign triple heider would most probably bankrupt the party though

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I guess he just succumbed to Swinney's powers of persuasion? 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Put the leadership gig to party members then call an election. In the interests of the people of Scotland we demand a people’s vote

A leadership, general and Scottish election campaign triple heider would most probably bankrupt the party though

Yeah , well, what should happen doesn’t actually happen in the real world.
Whilst we are part of this union we will continue to play their game because playing fair in the UK gets you nowhere . If umpteen unelected prime ministers and a foreign secretary who isnt even an MP are accepted at WM then why on earth would the SNP do any different.
And lets not pretend it would be any different with Labour in charge. Their principles sank with their  left wing party years ago.
You are the person always promoting fairness and equality. There will never , ever be a fairness in elections when the Tories are bank rolled by business and Labour bank rolled by, well business now too since their lurch to the right , and the Unions,  who are clearly still clinging to the hope that 1970’s Labour will re-emerge in some Alice In Wonderland fantasy .

Edited by TDYER63

9 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Ally, i watched about a minute (from 9 mins onwards), which was enough to hear Quinan denigrating Swinney.

What's their deal?

Surely you'd agree that the SNP needs to be united? Can't we get behind Swinney and Forbes, instead of these Youtube grifters?

I think the problem is that they believe that the Independence movement will not be united with the current SNP leadership in charge and that the SNP machine has no real will to push for Independence

I will give them a chance but i'm not holding my breath with devo John - and we don't even know what Freeport Forbes has been offered and whether she will still want to remain on the back benches

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It has been put to the party members. I could have stood, I could have nominated someone, nothing stopped me. Seems that everyone is happy with this as the way forward for now.

Most of the folk I've heard moaning about it are not SNP members. Most of them also seem to want Kate Forbes to be leader. It seems to be hard for them to accept that Kate Forbes doesn't want the job, not at the moment anyway. It seems pretty pointless trying to vote for somebody who doesn't want the job. 

Is there a possibility that swinney is away to throw sturgeon and her cronies under the bus? There’s something more to this than meets the eye,, I trust Forbes and the lad who was going to run, I am guessing is old gaurd with traditional SNP values so swinney has obviously gave an indication that the snp will be heading in a different direction