New SNP leader - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your idea of a leader is someone that might actually take Scotland to Independence then there is only one candidate at Holyrood - it is as simple as that

0_JS257449360.webp.3ecff02453d348d636f50cfc4f7b2f2d.webp

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

If your idea of a leader is someone that might actually take Scotland to Independence then there is only one candidate at Holyrood - it is as simple as that

0_JS257449360.webp.3ecff02453d348d636f50cfc4f7b2f2d.webp

Agree. The worry being young voters being put off simply because she fell into the trap of sharing her religious views. Next time the media go on about it hopefully she'll say my religion is a private matter. We need more atheists in politics.

53 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And if Kate doesn't stand...?

For all intent and purpose, the SNP are finished

It may all be over already - they are certainly going all out for self harm 

I can’t emphasise how important is that the snp choose KF,, the fact the sturgeonites will put swinney in for two years until Flynn comes back from WM tells its own story,, 

Humza went off script and payed the price 

3 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Stephen Flynn, Mhairi Black or Kate Forbes.

The three outstanding candidates.

I'd back anyone who would deliver independence.

Black? Come on,, aye she has goon one liners,, Flynn I am now very sceptical of as him and swinney are in it together 

Please not Swinney - he may be a "safe pair of hands" but if that's the level we're seeking would be better with Craig Gordon. I think he's being pushed by the mainstream media for a reason - namely that he's a safe pair of hands for the union in that he won't get us any nearer indy.  I've also heard Jenny Gilruth being mentioned - Kelly Given was on the radio this morning bigging her up which should probably tell you all you need to know - more wokeness and gender shite, and indy sidelined.

The logical choice would be Kate Forbes, if she wants the job, and I've been quite impressed by Steven Flynn at times and I think he'd be prepared to take a fairly aggressive stance on indy, although his current location might be a problem.

The first thing I'd ask any candidate is "define "woman".  That should give you a fair idea of who to eliminate from any sensible shortlist for an election for leader.

Rather a pity Ash Regan jumped ship.  She talks sense and her commitment to indy is genuine.  I voted for her last time & I still think I made the right choice, although a lot of people didn't rate her.  She was certainly better than Yousaf but the powers that be wanted a weak puppet.

As for Mhairi Black, please no.  Been a huge disappointment.

Edited by Alibi

15 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The first thing I'd ask any candidate is "define "woman".  That should give you a fair idea of who to eliminate from any sensible shortlist for an election for leader.

Why is that bit so important to you? I can't get my head around why such a minor issue has gained so much importance. 

This would be the worst possible time for Kate Forbes to become leader. She should bide her time until all the current pile of shyte has been through the fan. Hopefully she is smart enough to realise that she has plenty time on her side.

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Why is that bit so important to you? I can't get my head around why such a minor issue has gained so much importance.

Because the establishment whipped it up into what people were constantly talking about. Keeping it continuously in the news to batter fuck out the SNP whilst not mentioning the cross party support. 

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Only 1 week to get 100 nominations

Rigged election No2

A week is plenty time to get 100 nominations for any serious contender. Even I could get 100 nominations in a week, and nobody likes me.

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

A week is plenty time to get 100 nominations for any serious contender. Even I could get 100 nominations in a week, and nobody likes me.

Il give you my vote.

All seriousness, Kate Forbes for me.

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'd consider voting for you 🤣 

I agree with what you've said above, I don’t get why folk get so drawn in and riled by this stuff, even if I've reservations about some aspects of it all. 

my own personal view is that we need to just try and forget the last few years where some serious politicians felt they couldn't say children shouldn't be taking puberty blockers, men can be in women's sports and people can literally change sex.  The tide has turned on it and no need to bring it back up.  let people be that want to live their lives in an unorthodox manner, good on them and move on.   No need to bring their lives up at every opportunity to satisfy some narcissists on both "sides" of that debate.

it's a topic done to death in many european countries and north america.  not unique to us.  move on.

to add, on the topic.  I'm for Flynn but seen as he's out I'd go Swinney for now. Unless someone else comes forward and gives us something to shout about.

Forbes doesn't do it for me, I had her third last time.  I just don't see what others are seeing but fair enough.

When she says "there would also be additions to our membership - not sure they would be welcomed" it was the perfect opportunity for someone using a William McIlvanney accent to say "Do you mean people that want Independence"

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure it's minor issue, the fact that we have somehow managed to get a coalition that were intent on giving puberty blockers out like sweets was a major issue for many ( i know it was for me). As per, they've since had to backtrack. Through in legislation with severe lack of any meaningful research so they can be "progressive". 

No surprise that the highest % of kids transitioning or wanting to transition were from deprived areas. These kids up until recently had access to puberty blockers

How the Scottish government managed to get so entrenched in this with the Greens wagging their tail is scary and tells me the SG were more intent on being in power back then than running an effective government. 

If a man decides he wants to be a woman then he can batter in but the SG's obsession with children being allowed to make that decision so early in their lives was inexcusable. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

🤣

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When she says "there would also be additions to our membership - not sure they would be welcomed" it was the perfect opportunity for someone using a William McIlvanney accent to say "Do you mean people that want Independence"

Another idiot who isn;t serious about independence unless its on their own terms. 

Someone who only a year ago ruled himself out saying new talent was needed does not inspire me with confidence.
IMO John Swinney is either under immense pressure from certain colleagues to put himself forward , or he is allowing his ego to be stroked , neither are a good reason to take on this responsibility.
I actually like John Swinney as a person, but he is not strong enough.

In the interview Ally ( I think) posted, Stephen Flynn did not sound convincing at all at supporting Swinney. Sounded a bit too ‘script like’ than passionate. Makes me think not only is pressure being put on Swinney to stand but pressure is being put on MP’s and MSP’s to nominate him. 

There is not one person I feel totally confident about but if she is on the list then Forbes will get my vote again. . 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

😂 if your manifesto includes allowing one SSC ticket transfer per campaign without being put on Harvesters Row then you will get my vote too. 

Looks like The Forbes may indeed stand

We need more sensible folk like Ivan speaking to the media rather than what we have seen in the last 5 years