James Forrest.... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

James Forrest....

Big Ramy 1314

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/UMHZ3RZssDCac6SH/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Not because I am a Celtic man, just posting this because it's growing legs. What do Yees think about this.... He has experience, seems to be fit, and is doing the business for Celtic.. If we get anymore injuries, god forbid, he had to be considered.... Only my opinion from a Scotland point of view.....

L

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, be good to have a winger in squad.

I had hoped Harvey Barnes would commit to Scotland as he looks really good, maybe with all injuries we have it's worth asking him rather than waiting for him to call.

Other winger option is Fraser but cannot see him getting call up due to pulling out squad previously with non injury.

2 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

No thanks. A 32 year old who was no better than average at international level in his prime playing at a major tournament 

100% this. 

Yes.

He's been constantly mismanaged in a Scotland shirt.

The majority of his Scotland career he played as an outside forward/winger.

The one match he played as an inside forward he scored two goals.

Our current forward is more narrow and allows for inside forwards

Get him in.

Anyone who disagrees must think we have prime Ronaldo and Giggs waiting in the wings (pun intended).

2 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

As for Fraser, he can't be trusted.

He'd rather train with Newcastle than play for Scotland.

Normally I would agree but we are kind of desperate right now. Fraser has been left out for a while now so perhaps he's served his punishment and should be given another chance. Just a case of wether Clarke wants to give him another chance.

17 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Normally I would agree but we are kind of desperate right now. Fraser has been left out for a while now so perhaps he's served his punishment and should be given another chance. Just a case of wether Clarke wants to give him another chance.

Between Forrest & Fraser, I personally wouldn’t be fussed with either. Although if it’s either between those two & Gauld & Morgan then I’d opt for both Gauld & Morgan.

Edited by DesiScotsman

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Clarke doesn’t pick wingers.

Forrest won’t be at the Euros. Also past it for international level. 

What do you mean by" past it for international level"..? 

I'm no being funny, respect your post mate, just curious what that means. He is 32, and still has loads to offer played in the correct position as BR has proven. If you're "Fit" your fit, if your "on form" your on form. Jamesy even as a sub, would be beneficial to Scotland as he is fast as fuck and no afried to have a go.. Once again, respect your post....👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm no being funny, respect your post mate, just curious what that means. He is 32, and still has loads to offer played in the correct position as BR has proven. If you're "Fit" your fit, if your "on form" your on form. Jamesy even as a sub, would be beneficial to Scotland as he is fast as fuck and no afried to have a go.. Once again, respect your post....👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Some people think if a player reaches the age of 30 they're ready for the retirement home.

Someone should tell that to Messi (36) and Ronaldo (39).

James Forrest is  a clutch player who has a winning mentality.

If fit and playing he should be in the squad. Without doubt.

Ryan Fraser can stay home and train with Southampton. He likes training.

Edited by GilmourFan

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He’s been a really good player albeit one of those who never left Scotland to see how good they could become in a different league which was a shame!

just think he’s had his day and I’d much rather his place was taken by Ryan Fraser or someone younger 

1 hour ago, GilmourFan said:

Forest isn't a winger. Nor is Fraser.

Wingers beat people. Fraser and forest couldn't dribble past a traffic cone.

While neither can dribble like giggs or robben they both can easily beat a player, especially fraser. Seen Fraser skin players for fun especially in his early years. I remember him riding about three career ending tackles while going on a mazy run at Aberdeen. 

Forrest is quite capable of beating a man for Celtic but his Scotland form has always been poor. 

Both have probably been our best quality wingers over the past 6 or 7 years which probably says alot about how poor our options have been in that position. Probably one of the main reasons Clarke doesn't play with wingers much.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

He’s been a really good player albeit one of those who never left Scotland to see how good they could become in a different league which was a shame!

just think he’s had his day and I’d much rather his place was taken by Ryan Fraser or someone younger 

I feel the same but the way things are going we might end up having to call up Forrest, especially if Clarke refuses to consider gauld and Morgan.

I think if Forrest has a great few weeks for Celtic and scores against rangers then Clarke might have to give him some serious consideration.

I would prefer giving gauld and Morgan a chance.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I feel the same but the way things are going we might end up having to call up Forrest, especially if Clarke refuses to consider gauld and Morgan.

I think if Forrest has a great few weeks for Celtic and scores against rangers then Clarke might have to give him some serious consideration.

I would prefer giving gauld and Morgan a chance.

I wouldn't have any of them unless we are very desperate. 

Forrest, for years, was a player I always rolled my eye's at when in a Scotland shirt but then seemed to really come onto a game under McLeish (scored a hat trick in a Nations League game if I'm not mistaken!) so if he can recapture that kind of form then why not if we need the players.  Fraser is more than capable too if he can be arsed.

People really need to give it a rest with Gauld and Morgan though.  The MLS is not a great league, it's well marketed and is a retirement home for 35+ year old superstars, so people who've never watched a game are tricked into thinking it's a good level.  How many players have come to Scotland from an MLS team in the last few years that have either went back or disappeared off to a lower level?

Morgan and Gauld aren't good enough for the level of international football Scotland want to compete at but are above the average level required for the MLS which is why they're flourishing over there.

Edited for honking grammar and spelling 😂

Edited by kwhitelaw

17 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Some people think if a player reaches the age of 30 they're ready for the retirement home.

Someone should tell that to Messi (36) and Ronaldo (39).

James Forrest is  a clutch player who has a winning mentality.

If fit and playing he should be in the squad. Without doubt.

Ryan Fraser can stay home and train with Southampton. He likes training.

I agree 👏🏻