New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

20 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

My understanding of his argument is that he had 11 points and attended all home games bar one (probably Poland game). There are others who bought tickets for all games but didn't attend them all who are on 12 points. They got first stab at Euro tickets while those on 11 had to sweat it out.

If this new system for home games means tickets are non transferable and it is actually recording if the ticket is used or not then the points totals of quite a few are going to start to drop....

As is evident above, this is largely irrelevant for a lot of people who don't travel to away games and they don't seem to understand the issue.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

You are getting loyalty points for games that you didn't go to, so you will have more points than someone who has been to same number of games that you have. Hence you jump the queue ahead of that person when it comes to the EUROs or other away games. It's not that difficult to understand really. I think you are just feigning ignorance to make yourself feel better. 😉

😂 I do understand this but every member has the opportunity to buy a home ticket, its not like away games,  if you desperately want a point then buy a ticket, given the injustices in the world its hardly a hanging offence.  Unfortunately we are living in 21st century not Munchkinland.  Nor do I think for one minute thousands of fans are doing this deliberately to get points. Its not a big thing and I don’t think anyone should be condemned for buying a package knowing there could be games they cant attend.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No financial incentive for buying 5 match package.

You don't have to attend to get your home point.

No way to officially transfer tickets

Its not about getting fans into stadium to support the team, it about the MONEY££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Same with the membership fee, 38,000 members £50 a head. £1.9 million pounds

Yet we have to pay for the SSC to travel abroad to distribute our tickets 

At least they are giving us a kid discount unlike UEFA at the euros, thats the only positive I suppose.

SFA

S

H

A

£

T

I

N

G

F

A

N

S

A

L

W

A

Y

S

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😆

I asked you this before and you didn’t answer. How can someone  prevent another member having enough points  ? There are tickets available to every member for home games so every member has an opportunity to get a point per game . 

Someone else replied to you so apologies to everyone else for spamming the board echoing a previous post here

There may be tickets available to all members for home games but not all members are able to buy tickets to all away games

If you pick up a point for a game you haven’t attended then you’re harvesting and it’s to the detriment of fellow fans further down the points ladder

13 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think the bigger issue that is being missed by some on here is that being part of a supporters club / buying match day package deals etc should come with advantages / make life abit cheaper or easier than not being part of said group.

The way the SFA have changed things over the years is moving further and further away from that position.

I bought 10 tickets today, 7 adults and 3 kids and it took me nearly 3 hours. That isnt acceptable when I pay to be part of the SSC. I can accept a waiting room but the wait either has to be long and then you get lots of time when actually in the purchasing part or short and then you get less time. This morning was about a 40 minute wait each time and then you get 14 minutes to complete the transaction. 

Now 14 mins would be fine if there wasnt flaws with the system. 1st time round it wouldnt allow me to change 2 seats to kids seats. After that some of the other seats id selected werent available any longer.

The seats not being available happened again on 2nd login. How is that even possible. When seats are selected it should mean that they are unable to be picked by anybody else until I am finished. This obviously isnt the case. Isnt an issue when buying a couple of tickets but when buying for a group is a nightmare.

Buying a match package over several months but not allowing for transfer of tickets will result in less match packages being purchased in future. If they are worried about points then create an option for the point not to be awarded if ticket transferred.

Its as simple as your last paragraph. 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

That was a fairly seamless process. The instructions were clear, concise and easy to carry out in real time

If people can’t hold their water and are battering through the process at speed then that’s on the member and not the team at the SSC

It clearly stated in bold writing at the login stage you’d have to select your chosen category of ticket

Hats off to the guys at the SSC. A job very well done

Youve got be at it.

Just because you managed to get an order through, that doesn't mean the system works well or was "a job very well done"

The mobile interface is borderline unusable while there is good availability in the section. Random seats added to your basket that are difficult to identify and remove.

For group bookings the system does not give enough time to complete the various elements of the process.

Try getting 16 tickets into your basket before someone else adds one of them.l to theirs.

You're almost timed out by the time you get to your basket.

Price category should auto populate for the member, thats just basic and should have been sorted in testing.

Once you allocate a ticket to a member they should disappear from the drop down, or be marked as already allocated, so you can allocate the rest of your tickets. (This wouldn't be such an issue if the tickets actually displayed in the basket in a logical order)

Waited in that queue mutiple times having been unable to complete an order.

It shouldn't be that difficult

23 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think the bigger issue that is being missed by some on here is that being part of a supporters club / buying match day package deals etc should come with advantages / make life abit cheaper or easier than not being part of said group.

The way the SFA have changed things over the years is moving further and further away from that position.

I bought 10 tickets today, 7 adults and 3 kids and it took me nearly 3 hours. That isnt acceptable when I pay to be part of the SSC. I can accept a waiting room but the wait either has to be long and then you get lots of time when actually in the purchasing part or short and then you get less time. This morning was about a 40 minute wait each time and then you get 14 minutes to complete the transaction. 

Now 14 mins would be fine if there wasnt flaws with the system. 1st time round it wouldnt allow me to change 2 seats to kids seats. After that some of the other seats id selected werent available any longer.

The seats not being available happened again on 2nd login. How is that even possible. When seats are selected it should mean that they are unable to be picked by anybody else until I am finished. This obviously isnt the case. Isnt an issue when buying a couple of tickets but when buying for a group is a nightmare.

Buying a match package over several months but not allowing for transfer of tickets will result in less match packages being purchased in future. If they are worried about points then create an option for the point not to be awarded if ticket transferred.

I had a lot of those issues.

Signed on at 930 , got tickets at 12.15.

Needed 7 adult and 2 children.

I had to go for best seats available options as everytime I clicked on an available seat nothing happened.

First time I was kicked out at payment

Through it all again and rushed the final purchase as I only had 2 minutes to complete payment.

1 of out f and f didn't pull through to purchase page, I had to log in and get another single ticket, close but not next to the rest of us.

Not as user friendly as before and not long enough between seat picking and trying to assign all f and f

Ended up with tickets in not as good a place as I wanted .

Where was Favourite seat option..

22 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I found it generally clunky and the seating map rendering on the screen wasn’t great.  

I found that it started off far to small, and if you clicked to zoom in, it would take you all the way in that you could not see where you were sitting, and took a couple of efforts to get it to a manageable size to get a seat that I wanted.

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Not everyone is in a financial position to spend 3 figures on tickets they aren’t likely to use

That is a fair point but up till now you bought individual tickets a couple of weeks before the game, so they could buy it then and have saved up.
The SFA have changed this now ( if my understanding of the ticket sales is correct) and you now have to buy all the individual tickets upfront as well. I would say this is a bigger restriction for fans. Assuming there are ways round transferring your ticket ( which there may not be) this new system is giving an advantage to people with cash and who can afford to buy a number of tickets at once, whilst knowing they can transfer on, so if the SFA  are being serious about not transferring or not getting points it needs to be full proof. I agree with you in principle but its up to the SFA to have a robust system in place you are just not going to prevent people taking advantage if they see a loophole. 

8 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Sold out already...

Screenshot_20240227_150733_Samsung Internet.jpg

No I think it means as you’ve purchased one. You as an individual members limit of buying one ticket has been reached! 

Edited by macwomble

53 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 I do understand this but every member has the opportunity to buy a home ticket, its not like away games,  if you desperately want a point then buy a ticket, given the injustices in the world its hardly a hanging offence.  Unfortunately we are living in 21st century not Munchkinland.  Nor do I think for one minute thousands of fans are doing this deliberately to get points. Its not a big thing and I don’t think anyone should be condemned for buying a package knowing there could be games they cant attend.

Of course you would think like that. You are one of the culprits. I'm changing your username to Tidyharvester. 

56 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That is a fair point but up till now you bought individual tickets a couple of weeks before the game, so they could buy it then and have saved up.
The SFA have changed this now ( if my understanding of the ticket sales is correct) and you now have to buy all the individual tickets upfront as well. I would say this is a bigger restriction for fans. Assuming there are ways round transferring your ticket ( which there may not be) this new system is giving an advantage to people with cash and who can afford to buy a number of tickets at once, whilst knowing they can transfer on, so if the SFA  are being serious about not transferring or not getting points it needs to be full proof. I agree with you in principle but its up to the SFA to have a robust system in place you are just not going to prevent people taking advantage if they see a loophole. 

Again, not everyone has the financial clout to spend money tickets they have no intention of using 

It looks like the SFA are putting in a robust system by the introducing the app which may only allocate you a point if you scan your ticket but you seem a bit hept up about it. I don’t see what the problem is

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I found that it started off far to small, and if you clicked to zoom in, it would take you all the way in that you could not see where you were sitting, and took a couple of efforts to get it to a manageable size to get a seat that I wanted.

Found that too! 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Of course you would think like that. You are one of the culprits. I'm changing your username to Tidyharvester. 

😂 

31 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Again, not everyone has the financial clout to spend money tickets they have no intention of using 

It looks like the SFA are putting in a robust system by the introducing the app which may only allocate you a point if you scan your ticket but you seem a bit hept up about it. I don’t see what the problem is

I am not hept up in any way whatsoever. You are the one accusing folk of deliberately harvesting. If you check back I have said on more than one occasion you shouldn’t get a point if you don’t attend.  But you should be able to transfer your ticket . 

We are going round in circles , probably best leave it there 👍

On 2/23/2024 at 5:42 PM, TDYER63 said:

I knew you would like it 🙄🙂  Do you not think it’s unfair though for reasons previously mentioned? I think its pretty shit folk pay upfront for a ticket and for a genuinely good reason they cant manage and dont get a point nor have the option to sell their ticket. 

You’re advocating for non attendees to be awarded a point because they’ve paid upfront though

Also a note on the attendance point. You have to rely on the technology actually working.

At club level a few concessions were told that they had to use their ticket for a minimum amount of games to keep their ticket. The club  sent a few people a message saying they didn't attend certain games when they did. Apparently it didn't register on the system. 

Now knowing how hampden is chaos sometimes with paper qr codes. Can see it being bedlam forst few games of a new system when it seems to have been chaos this morning.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You’re advocating for non attendees to be awarded a point because they’ve paid upfront though

my reading was TYDR explained clearly she was quite happy for a point not to go to ticket purchaser if they don't attend, merely that they should be able to transfer the ticket. 

it sounds like it's a bit convoluted but doable for say a different kids pal/father/grandparent whatever will still be able to attend next to their group if invited last minute, all good.  I tihnk there's a much larger proportion doing this than anything untoward.  also i truly believe if someone really wanted to get 12 points they could, it's only now on this thread i've heard you could actually have enough points purely from home games.  I think that's a fairly low bar in the grand scheme of things.

I have to say 90% of cases where we've "transferred" the attendee has paid for their ticket.  Not like people are going on a freebie, so not like you're greatly out of pocket.

46 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

my reading was TYDR explained clearly she was quite happy for a point not to go to ticket purchaser if they don't attend, merely that they should be able to transfer the ticket. 

it sounds like it's a bit convoluted but doable for say a different kids pal/father/grandparent whatever will still be able to attend next to their group if invited last minute, all good.  I tihnk there's a much larger proportion doing this than anything untoward.  also i truly believe if someone really wanted to get 12 points they could, it's only now on this thread i've heard you could actually have enough points purely from home games.  I think that's a fairly low bar in the grand scheme of things.

I have to say 90% of cases where we've "transferred" the attendee has paid for their ticket.  Not like people are going on a freebie, so not like you're greatly out of pocket.

Yes that was my point 👍

6 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

My understanding of his argument is that he had 11 points and attended all home games bar one (probably Poland game). There are others who bought tickets for all games but didn't attend them all who are on 12 points. They got first stab at Euro tickets while those on 11 had to sweat it out.

If this new system for home games means tickets are non transferable and it is actually recording if the ticket is used or not then the points totals of quite a few are going to start to drop....

As is evident above, this is largely irrelevant for a lot of people who don't travel to away games and they don't seem to understand the issue.

I doubt the system at Hampden is smart enough to record whether a ticket is actually used or not. I haven’t seen anything official stating this is going to be the case either. 

And what happens if the scanners go down and stewards need to check our phones manually to let us in? 

3 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

I completely missed the fact that you have to buy individual tickets up front as well! I just assumed those would be released 2/3 weeks prior to each game SCC first, then public.

I could be wrong as I have bought the available package for the last few campaigns but I don’t think this has been the case for several years. 

I logged in at 10am but was waiting for about 35 mins before I could access the system. By that point sections F2 and F3 were already 'greyed out' and I was unable to select seats in these sections. Surely they couldn't have been sold out by that point? 

Also, very poor customer service as received the SSC email which contained a link to further ticket information (I.e instructions) after tickets went on sale.

Edited by supersub