New jersey - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

To me they are just a sort of...NOTHINGĀ  design.Totally forgettable.

If any of the classics were brought out today they would be nothing designs.

For the home strip in particular I think less is more.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2023 at 10:07 PM, Diamond Scot said:

If any of the classics were brought out today they would be nothing designs.

For the home strip in particular I think less is more.

Maybe, but the 1982 shirt although not an awful lot going on was so classy. Also the 1986 was class. Definately prefer Umbro to these Adidas efforts. šŸ‘

On 12/24/2023 at 10:43 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Euro 96 and France 98 were hideous

69grv6oelt591.thumb.jpg.7914eb3249baa97792bb5d438c3d8503.jpg

Ā 

images.jpg.2121ad3e6969b055255f223640ebb030.jpg

Yer on drugs man they're braw! for the 90s they were absolute classics! wouldn't work now but braw all the same.Ā 

FAR better than that shitey pinstripe Fila abhorrence with the Harry Hill collar!!!Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Bzzzz said:

Yer on drugs man they're braw! for the 90s they were absolute classics! wouldn't work now but braw all the same.Ā 

FAR better than that shitey pinstripe Fila abhorrence with the Harry Hill collar!!!Ā 

Ā 

Badge is as ugly as sin though. Put on the badge we currently have and have the tartan all over and that would be very good.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Badge is as ugly as sin though. Put on the badge we currently have and have the tartan all over and that would be very good.

100% agree! I'd LOVE a dark tartan adidas kit wi the current badge, that'd be braw as fk!Ā 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There is a tartan, "Spirit of Scotland", it's braw, dark blue and purple, dulled down it would look magic as a jersey IMO.Ā 
Ā 

SoS.png

Quite a few kits were leaked over the holidays.

Germany's kit was leaked yesterday, and again, it seems to be the 2006 Adidas template, but with nods to their 1994 World Cup kit with the Germany flag on the shoulders, and their away kit is a purple and pink kit.

Belgium's new kit is VERY smart, and from reports their away kit is going to be influenced by TinTin, with a light blue shirt and a white collar.

Italy's new away kit leak is something I want to like, but looks far to over crowded.

Edited by wanderer

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Belgium's new kit is VERY smart, and from reports their away kit is going to be influenced by TinTin, with a light blue shirt and a white collar.

Thatā€™ll go down well with Belgiumā€™s black players and 3/4ā€™s of Brussels, an own goal surelyĀ 

8 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Thatā€™ll go down well with Belgiumā€™s black players and 3/4ā€™s of Brussels, an own goal surelyĀ 

Agree that a number of the books are frownedĀ upon these days, but part from the banned "TinTin in the Congo" book, I think the character is still held in high regard in the country.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think the character is still held in high regard in the country.

I would suggest that depends on what colour you are, could definitely see Kevin de Bruyne modelling it tho

Theyā€™ve def done all the ā€œeliteā€ teams first - Germany, Italy, Argentina, Belgium and Spain all out there so would imagine 2nd class such as ourselves, Sweden, Hungary, Wales and Ni wonā€™t be too far off.

Think the footy headlines article that leaked the Germany kit mentioned March as its release so Iā€™d imagine weā€™ll also see our own kit released around that time too

2 hours ago, kwhitelaw said:

Think the footy headlines article that leaked the Germany kit mentioned March as its release so Iā€™d imagine weā€™ll also see our own kit released around that time too

Yes no doubt just prior to the first round of pre-Euros friendlies.

Spain's new kit has just dropped.

This is probably the most "basic" kit design to be leaked, so probably the closest to what the Scotand kit could be like in blue and whiteĀ 

image.thumb.png.d371a9c427757edd773a2ecf2594cd78.png

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Spain's new kit has just dropped.

This is probably the most "basic" kit design to be leaked, so probably the closest to what the Scotand kit could be like in blue and whiteĀ 

image.thumb.png.d371a9c427757edd773a2ecf2594cd78.png

As seen before if it has too much white it causes issues when we play teams wearing white (Germany, England)

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

As seen before if it has too much white it causes issues when we play teams wearing white (Germany, England)

I think FIFA have calmed down a bit on that rule in recent years, but the Scotland kit in question did go over the top when it came to the white sleeves, and would always be a issue.

If we get the Spain kit, I think the white flashings down the side would not be that much of an issue.... hopefully on the back of the 150th kit, they go with a white neck with a blue trim, rather than blue neck with a white trim if going by the Spain kit.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:55 AM, wanderer said:

I think FIFA have calmed down a bit on that rule in recent years, but the Scotland kit in question did go over the top when it came to the white sleeves, and would always be a issue.

If we get the Spain kit, I think the white flashings down the side would not be that much of an issue.... hopefully on the back of the 150th kit, they go with a white neck with a blue trim, rather than blue neck with a white trim if going by the Spain kit.

The templates are pish, they're SO boring. I'd prefer it without the white flashing down the side, as I say, the dark blue of the 150th jersey, a dulled badge with the red lion rampant and it'd be a winner !Ā 

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

The templates are pish, they're SO boring. I'd prefer it without the white flashing down the side, as I say, the dark blue of the 150th jersey, a dulled badge with the red lion rampant and it'd be a winner !Ā 

Dull as dishwater the same as recent shirts. Totally bland.Ā 

On 1/7/2024 at 2:58 PM, Bzzzz said:

A bit like the modern Superman films? Superhero film makers are afraid of primary colours. Itā€™s all dark tones with Man of Steel this and Dark Knight that. Itā€™s fucking Superman and Batman!

Sorry, what were we talking about?Ā 

Edited by er yir macaroon